Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i feel bad... but did i do the right thing here?...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Feb 12, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i feel bad... but did i do the right thing here?...

i met this dude doing baal runs he seemed cool. we started new chars together rushed each other blah blah.. to the point. he uses map hack.. and pickit and all that crap. but also he said to me... man i wish i could steal ur stuff.. and i'm thinking wtf.. but today hes like.. "hey can i try on ur hoz, i wana see how much more damage i do" i said no i dont trust you with it after what u said that one day. he got all pissed and left and hasnt talked to me... this coming from someone who said he would steal from me if he could. and uses hacks on b-net... was i right not to let him use my stuff... hell i've even given him stuff for free. but still.. i've read stories about people becoming friends and then jacking stuff when x'fering or asking to try stuff on...

2. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I totally think you did the right thing.. don't worry about it .. if the guy really wants to play with you and if he is your friend, he will keep playing with you .. basically he will EARN your trust. This is a scam .. a guy on my friends list got scammed this way. if the guy never talks to you again, he is a scammer! no doubt about it! Scammers won't take the time to earn your trust, I mean the guy was lvl his character anyway right? why not lvl it with you and when he's done try and scam your hoz.
    I woulden't right out and say not to trust anyone who uses maphack, just cause I know very trustworthy people that use it, pickit however, in my oppinion is a different story, the whole purpose of the program is to get everything for yourself and leave nothing for anyone else. I mean basically you can judge a person by their behaviour when you play with them, was he constantly grabbing everything and giveing you nothing? that would have been a hint for me right there.
    But basically, don't feel bad about it for a second more! if at any time something dosen't feel right on B-net .. simple answer is .. sorry I don't know you well enough yet ..

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Maybe he wanted to give you a hint (a bad one) by saying "I wish I could steal your stuff". What he meant could have been "I need free plz" in a disguised way.
    I wouldn't trust a person who says he wish to steal my stuff though, so I would have made the same choice as you.

4. Raena

Raena IncGamers Member

You shouldn't feel bad about not giving him your stuff. Did the guy really expect that after saying that he would love to steal your stuff you would still trust him enough to just give it to him? You should never let people just try your stuff if you don't know them very well. Unless you don't care if they keep it.

5. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

You made the right decision, this guy was definitly trying to steal your stuff. Another conclusion that I have made, is that anyone who uses pickit is a scammer.

6. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Some people also just say it for fun.

Anyway, if he's a friend worth collecting, he will be back.

7. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i have a hard time trusting anyone... only takes being scamed once or twice in my case for my trust to be very hard to earn. his pickit is VERY anyoying... even when we duel our new chars he always gets my gold and that is very anyoying. or when we are questing he has this "chicken" thing that makes him leave when his health gets too low... example we were doing achients and out of no where he would leave. and want to rejoin meaing we'd have to start over again. at the 3rd time i just didnt even invite him i did them myself. also... he has this friend that i'm not very fond of... and for all i know it could have been him wanting to try my stuff. that and i've heard stories about people trusting friends for 3 months.. they asked to try on their stuff and then never hear from them again. i dont feel so bad now. but yeah i worked hard to get that sheild. not gonna give that up. i started from scratch on the ladder with no friends or help. i've never asked him if i could wear any of his gear... well there lack of lol. but still just another reason to steal from me... scammers can seem like the nicest people in the world.. i know this all to well.

- joe

ps thanks for replies.

8. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Anyone that uses mh is someone u should not trust.

All the friends ive made on bnet NOT forum about 40+ to the point of loseing contact or quiting have never stolen anything from me. NOn of the peoploe i made friends with used hacks etc.

Using hacks just shows that they dont care of consequences... But anyways when u make new friends find someone on forums.

What realm are you on? If you are on east go to useast trade forum and get to know the locals. Or europe, west go to the trade forum and post ur trades and isos and stuff and have fun!