Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I dueled this one godly druid...not a windy...who was that masked man?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by semisonic9, Mar 25, 2005.

1. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

I dueled this one godly druid...not a windy...who was that masked man?

He literally took on 6-7 other ppl in a pubby at once on ladder and did killer. I was with my poisoner, I think, just messing around, but this guy pwned hard.

He cast fissure a lot, used some kind of cyclone (probably not synergized) tele'd with good fcr, and used a lot of volcano too (kinda laughable attack). He also did some physical damage it seemed...what was this guy? I suspect he had killer res all charms, because his res was stacked so high no one could really damage him According to him, he had max pdr, and maxed res even after a full conviction. I kinda believed him, he pwned hard for awhile before he left....

who was that masked man? What's the build, and how do you beat it?

2. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

put on fire absorb ? how hard can it be.. :uhhuh:

3. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Amazon with Enigma, WF, Guided Arrow and 39 100 pdsc's. 6 socket PB and 4 socket Monarch on switch with 10 5/5 poison facets. This will lower his resist to poison by 50% after you shoot him....the knockback alone will be enough to irritate him.

Shoot him, switch weapons and tele around. Switch weapons, re-poison...tele...switch weapons, rinse and repeat.

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Looks like a well-made Fire Druid. You were probably seeing either Cyclone Armor or Twisters. Most likely Cyclone Armor, because that would explain his strong immunity to elemental attacks.

5. Euro-Crash

Poison will kill him. ;-)

Get enough FRW to catch him with a solid rabies druid and bite him. It will rock his world...as long as you don't eat a NADO.

6. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

volcano/geddon > you :p

7. Clan_Iraq

Clan_Iraq Banned

8. proudfoot

Call it a Geomancer, Shaman is an elemental/shockbear build Garbad_the_Weak wrote a guide for.

9. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

@Clan_Iraq

Every build can be beat.. period.
    It's a fact, there is no unbeatable build. I'm sure with enough study and the right items (preferably to get the psn res down into the negatives regardless of how much you got stacked) a rabies wolf can win. Provided he's got fire absorb and some good running skills, but that's kinda cheap :p

If it was you, then i say Congrats. Great build, my friend :)

10. Euro-Crash

Not even if the zon in question teleports away from you as you are trying to teleport on top of them to Griz-bomb them? I think that it might be possible to do that...

Guided tracks targets regardless of where they are...with 3900 poison skill damage, and -50% enemy resistance to poison, teleporting around and letting loose a couple arrows only to zip on out?

Understandable that a rabies druid would be dead meat, but something that is using a damage type that is ranged and not resisted by your cyclone armor (and manages to slip by the max resist (stacked 30 deep)), and that does not let you catch them might have a shot...

I did say might. ;-)

11. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

zons teleport at like, 29 frames . . . or so it seems. The druid will easily teleport faster and can lay down with a minor grizzly stack and some ravens and just eat your zon for dinner.

Also pdscs arent " skill damage " so facets wouldnt work that hot for +% daamage.

12. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Cast animation for amazons lasts 19 frames with no FCR.

That doesn't matter. They aren't boosted, because the mastery bug (thus +% elemental/poison dmg too) doesn't work with ranged attacks. A rabies Druid with pdscs would get the dmg from those charms boosted by +% poison dmg.

13. KillSwitcHR

KillSwitcHR IncGamers Member

1000 physical dmg from volcao isnt really much with pvp penalty and max dr

14. Clan_Iraq

Clan_Iraq Banned

No, but if you have less then 3.5k life it will stunlock you, meaning it will hit twice per second for 6 seconds.

1000 physical, 800 fire means 1800 * 2 * 6 = 21600.

Its not like it permastunlocks everyone, but I usually get 1-3 hits per time I cast it.

15. semisonic9

Yeah, that must have been it. Also, someone in the pvp forum said it was 90% chance to be them... <_<

Anywho, loked very interesting. I'm hardly a newb, and this guy honestly rocked hard. He was uncatchable, and was probably killing me with fissure/bear before I knew it. Anywho, thanks for the advice, I may build one now.

BTW, how do you handle BvC barbs with nice fhr, res, and DR? They can always throw on a shield vs. ur bear, but most would just ww through it and leach I would imagine...

16. proudfoot

Cast Fissure under yourself or behind yourself, run/teleport away. Grizzly didn't used to be blockable... Is it now?

17. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

I can't see how your build can win most duels after reading your guide :p. First after seeing the items I can't see how you can have max res in hell with so much that you can outstack a maxed conviction??? Secondly I would say that the damage you're dealing are very low. E.g. Fissure hitting 10 times dealing 3k fire damage each time = 30k fire damage. Pvp reduction = 1/6, 90% fire res = 1/10. This will give 30000/60 = 500 damage after 10 hits... that is not much versus a 5k barb. The volcano thingy that should hit, I think it was 3 times, with 1000 physical, and 1400 fire damage? This will give 3k physical, and 4200 fire damage. After pvp reduction, and fire resist this will be at 500 physical damage, and 70 fire damage, not even mentioning the chance to block... and this will in that way be versus a in my openion weak charachter. The grizlys 5k damage that I think is blocakble will then be 5000/6 = 833 damage.
    So in an attack versus a weak caster where I guess you will use volcano you will deal about 570 damage, and versus a good caster, with 75% block, and 50% dr, and maybe only 75% fire res, you will deal 195 damage, and even if you manage to cast a sorc with much faster tele the grizly damage would then only be 5000/(6*4*2) = 104 (laughable damage :p sorry the expression :))
    Btw. even if you could stack all kinds of res, and such how will you beat a bonemancer, with lots of revives, and 5k BS? His minions will take the damage, and if they are claw vipers :D they might even kill you in the first tele, and with his summon res, your damage will be very low + his bone armor will take the most physical damage from volcanos.
    Just to finish :) I can't see how you could be that mighty mysterius druid ;) since the person who wrote this thread said he had Cyclone armor, and lots of persons have said that it was due to Cyclone armor he was so almighty eventhough in your guide you're saying that you don't use cyclone armor :p
    (All wind skills at 45 will only give a cyclone armor with 6k absorb, that is high, but not enough to deal with the most powerfull casters :-()

18. Euro-Crash

Uh, DUH?

I believe the purpose of using 10 poison facets would be SOLELY to reduce your enemies resistance to poison.

19. Euro-Crash

You guys...you are missing the point of the facets. They not only BOOST damage (for poison SKILLS) but the REDUCE enemy resistance to poison. THAT is the purpose of the Poison Facets. Incidentally, this mod will take effect. The purpose is not to BOOST, but to REDUCE...

I'm not retarded...

20. semisonic9

Lazy has a god point...though some more punctuation and sentence structure would be nice.

This build surprised me because it would seem to be compromised by the dual-tree nature of the attacks and general weakness of all the specialized skills. Nevertheless, this guy was the most successfull dueler I had seen in some time.