I doth hath returned-th (and I'm making a new strafer!) i

chipmc

Diabloii.Net Member
I doth hath returned-th (and I'm making a new strafer!)

Hi all. I took a little break from the game for a while to persue other interests. (i.e. games that are not D2) And now decided to come back for a while.

Sad to say, a bunch of my mules went and deleted themselves. Nothing of any major value was lost, except for my 170% up'ed dual shaeled WWS... :mad: I'm still in the process of kicking myself for letting that happen. I do have a spare WWS, though it's only 155% ED. :(

Right now I'm planning on making a new WF strafer that's going low str, no vit, and all dex. Between the Andy's helm, CoH, Nos Coil, War Travs, and anni she'll only need 52 str to wear everything. It'll be tricky to get up to level 83 with only that much str, but I think I can manage. And I've yet to try a no vit Dexazon since 1.10 came out, but I think with all of the life leach she'll have at the end she can manage.

Also, I'm in the process of planning a Spearazon build using lightning attacks. Which, when you think about it, is really just a CS javazon without the javas and shield, but should still be different enough to be fun. Also had an idea about a Witchyzon loaded up with Crushing Blow. Should be interesting...

Anyway, just here to say hi again. And to let you know I'm not dead. :lol:

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
hey chip glad to see you are back....try to trade that coh off and get a fort...you will not regret it! you will loose 20 strength and if you can't make it up in charms/equip i certainly wouldn't worry too much about investing a few points into strength

Ceinwyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back!
Yours was the very first guide I read on these forums. Started my witchy shorty there after and had lots of fun with her. Thx for posting that!
Just found a Windforce myself not too long ago but have been holding out on making a new bowie until I come to terms with the 134 str. Hehe!! Now looking at your post I see no fear of items popping and no adherance (sp?) to the ("scan order")? Does this mean I should not fret about these things? If so a new Windyzon is born tonight!! If all this is common knowlage I promise to crawl out from under my rock and pay more attention to what is being said on these here forums.
Anywho, once again welcome back and if you can manage the time I would love to hear about your Windy's progress in the game and any insights you may have on the build in general.
Cheers! Ceinwyn.

chipmc

Diabloii.Net Member
superdave said:
try to trade that coh off and get a fort...you will not regret it!
I've been considering doing that for a while, weighing the pros and cons. I'd lose 35 resists at best, but gain a whole bunch of damage against all enemy types, not to mention the scaling life and other goodies. But I don't know... I have a sentimental attachment to this CoH. Found all of the runes and the archon plate myself. It's like my baby. :lol: But if I could trade it for a Fort with no fuss, I may just have to do it.

Thank you Ceinwyn. Nice to know the Witchies are still around. I probably should've updated that guide for all of the new runewords, but I guess I've just been too busy (lazy) to do it. But as far as I can tell the only new runeword that would have any significant impact on the Witchyzon would be Fortitude. And any zon worth her arrows already knows the virtues of that thing. As far as body popping goes, never had it happen to me. Though there's been plenty of times where my zon couldn't pick up her body in one click because she didn't have the str to equip everything withouT some of the other equipment. I'm thinking of just forgetting the stat bonuses on my anni and using just my equipment's str bonuses. I'm getting tired of people in baal runs yelling at me in all caps "ZON!!111 Y U THROW ARROWZ?????". -_-

Ceinwyn

Diabloii.Net Member
"ZON!!111 Y U THROW ARROWZ?????". -_-[/QUOTE
HaHa! Seen and heard that on many occasions.
Ceinwyn

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back :) On your way to using that WF might I suggest trying a Harmony rw bow. This rune word has even replaced my beloved Witchy as my all time favorite bow. Your RW speed will be dizzying and taking out packs of wraiths, ichies and gloams in hell with strafe is just plain fun.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
YogiRat said:
Welcome back :) On your way to using that WF might I suggest trying a Harmony rw bow. This rune word has even replaced my beloved Witchy as my all time favorite bow. Your RW speed will be dizzying and taking out packs of wraiths, ichies and gloams in hell with strafe is just plain fun.
you might even want to keep the harmony on switch for pi's and the vig aura after you have leveled enough to equip a wf

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
I would also like to chime in here on the Harmony RW. You absolutely must get one of these, it's fantastic. I think it might be giving Duress and Lionheart a run for the money as the best bang-for-your-buck in the whole game.

You can also build a summoner-zon with this bow. Stick a Faith on your rogue and you can make one super-fast army with a couple of archers at the back and a Valk up front! ;) (Bonus: 10% Re-Animate on Faith.)