I don't understand how twinking works

diablonoobbowbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand how twinking works

How do you get those expensive items in the first place? Is it map haxing? Or do you transfer it from higher level characters? If so, how do you do this transfer??? Do you need two computers and two copies of the game? I'm sorry but I'm an extreme noob. As I understand, twinking doesnt work in ladder so I'm assuming it's some kind of hacking program used to get those top items.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: I don't understand how twinking works

People use ATMA (check the stickies) to mule items found by their high level characters to their low level ones. Definitely not hacking. :smiley:

diablonoobbowbarian

Diabloii.Net Member

so is that only for single player or does it work on Bnet? If I get caught do I get my CD key banned on Bnet? How do you not get banned using this?

Also is it pretty self explanatory once you install it?

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

This is Single Player Forum, so use Atma only at Single Player. Actually, you can't use Atma for Bnet characters.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

You need to post this in non SP area of forums...
See the stickys as well.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

On battle.net, people generally have level 1 "mule" characters that hold items. You transfer your items to and from mules by getting a friend to go afk in a game while you switch accounts back and forth.

I don't know where you can read about rushing...if you are playing Hardcore, either get a friend to do it or just quest on your own. It's not safe to play in public games with strangers. Softcore is a different matter, and I don't know much about it so I can't help you there.

This is, however, probably the wrong forum for you if you plan on playing on Bnet.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

Nope this is the single player section of the Forum, every other forum here is not SP but you posted this in the SP area. (the one at the very bottom of the list in the link below)
Try starting from here http://forums.diabloii.net/index.php and pick the area that fits with what you want information on, then look first (Read the stickys in say the community forum) then post questions in the area that best fits the question OK?
:wink2: