Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I don't know where to begin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Ash Housewares, May 21, 2005.

1. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't know where to begin

I haven't played a MA assassin in 1.10, it depressed me the awful things that happened to Dragon Claw, but now, I'd really love to make one, I just don't know where to go with it

I was never really into the elementals or kicking, but what would work PvM?
    There are a ton of guides but it's hard to figure which is which or where right now, and some seem outdated, just point me in a good direction, tell me which guide I should read, I'll check it out, then come back with more questions, thanks for helpin'

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

If you still like DC and don't mind a big challenge, try this.

Besides that, just take a gander through here. None of the guides there are outdated, though some are more difficult/expensive than others(they usually come with a warning beforehand).

3. Ash Housewares

I had a look at that one, didn't quite understand it, venom and DC without a charge-up sounds more pvp than pvm to me, why not use tiger strike or something?

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

just grab tiger strike venom, shadow mastery, fade or BoS and death sentry.

then grab something big and hurty. and go hurt things.

5. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

It sounds PvP, but it still works. The complete PvM build includes lots of Crushing Blow and a healthy dose of Death Sentry. The idea is to kill monsters one at a time, while using Death Sentry to take care of the mindless hordes. Aim for the biggest beast, and let loose a sentry.

--edit--
    Tiger Strike does not work well with Dragon Claw because you get little to no improvement on overall damage. Sure, you get one big burst every time you release, but this is at the cost of spending the time charging with very low damage. Pure Dragon Claw reduces complexity without removing effectiveness. :thumbsup:

6. Ash Housewares

ok, I saw a DC sin in action and I just miss DC too much not to try it

how would a DC sin like this work with aura damage like holy shock and such?

7. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

I tried Dragon Claw and was disappointed in it, although I didn't have top notch equipment, it wasn't enough to be killing at a speed that I would like. I maxed Venom (and wearing Trang gloves) and it still didn't deal enough damage to kill because of the resistance they have in hell, I personally felt like it was a waste of my points since I was using the assassin for PvM.

The reason why Tiger Strike isn't used is mainly because that is more focused towards Dragon Tail instead. When it is combined with Dragon Tail, the damage is just enormous and it's an area effect. Dragon Claw on the other hand will only release it onto one enemy.

The main reason why there isn't any charge up is because Dragon Claw would only release the charges once and not twice, and more often than not, it's just better off to use Dragon Tail for the finish. So unless you could give Dragon Claw an advantage to using charges over Dragon Tail, it wouldn't make much sense to use it for the finish (main advantage is that it doesn't use boots, but that could easily be offset).

As for your question on Holy Shock, I'm pretty sure it works normally, it gives out damage per strike, so you would give out a lightning damage each hit.