Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I don't even know my half sister.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ProjectHate, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ProjectHate

ProjectHate IncGamers Member

I don't even know my half sister.

Well , I'm 18 years old and when I was around 12 or something my friend told me I had a half sister.I thaught he was just bull****ting but then I went home that night and I asked my mother and I told her please don't lie to me.And then she started crying and she was like you deserve to know the truth you're dad has a daughter and she lives in Sweden, (I live in Canada)She was shocked that her best friend (my friends mother) told him this.I don't even know her name but I know shes around 20 -25? and has a kid so technically im someones uncle I guess..Also I have a brother, he's 15 and we live together but he has no idea about having a step sister somewhere in this world.Also in the 18 years I've been living with my father , he has never mentioned this.

Now my question is , if you guys were in my situation.. would you wan't to meet with her someday or maybe you wouldn't care? I mean we have the same dad..that kinda makes us close =/?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated because there aren't many people I can discuss this with...Have a nice day.

2. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I know about this situation more than you think. I met my biological family when I was 19. I knew I was adopted and met them by fluke. I met my half brothers at the same time. One was adopted by another family but had reunited two months earlier and was less than a year younger than me. My other brother was 10 years younger than me that my birth mom had kept. It's funny but even though I didn't know them for most of my life I feel closer to them than my (also adopted) sister who I grew up with my whole life.
    My one brother lives in Austria and the other one lives in my hometown and I continue to have rewarding relationships. It's probably the best thing that's ever happened to me.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Not having any siblings, and having always wanted some, yes, I would want to meet her. I would keep in mind most people don't have much of a relationship with their siblings at that age, and that you didn't grow up together, which isn't going to make two random strangers like each other any more.

4. Machina

Machina IncGamers Member

Not having any siblings, and having never wanted any, no, I would not want to meet her.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Curiosity would win out, for me... so yes.

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I definitely would, but then I'm curious about pretty much everything.

7. ProjectHate

Thanks for all your thaughts but I was thinking..there might be that possibility that she doesn't want anything to do with me.. heh. I wish I can get my hands on her email adress or something .I'm gonna try writing her,I think my mom knows her adress and stuff. She sent my dad pics of her kid and stuff and my dad didn't even call her or anything wtf...

8. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I would try to get in contact with her first...and then see if she's interested in meeting.

9. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

If it were me, I would want to meet her. In today's day and age, with the communication technologies, I would try to make contact that way first. If it seemed like it would be beneficial to both of us, I would definitely make contact.

Imo, nothing is more important in life than family.

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Yeah, I wouldn't want to make that first contact via email, it's abit impersonal.

The one you were born into or the one you make yourself?

11. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I got a half-brother, and I want to meet him.

He's Canahdian, and is supposedly loaded! Maybe he can take a private jet down here.....

12. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I have a half brother and half sister. Right now I have no interest to meet them since it would probably be a distraction to my life right now. I was never close to my biological father so it doesn't really matter that they are out there.

13. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I have a half sister that I havn't seen since she was five and a half brother I havn't seen since he was one. I don't know his name. I also have 3-4 other half brothers and sisters that I have never met. I have occasionally thought of my sister, but not much, more curiosity than anything. I never chat up women named Rebecca though...

I am the only member of my family for at least three generations that has not been divorced, disowned or having affairs and secret children. Meeting long lost half-siblings would just confuse the tangled mess further.

14. The Future now

The Future now Banned

I don't know if it'll make you feel any better, but I don't know your half sister either.

15. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

The one you call family.

16. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I am not! Psh... private jets... do you know how much fuel those things eat up?

Give me three years, I have my scientists working on an engine that runs on water.

17. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I would want to meet her but wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

18. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Born in a cult, huh? :grin:

Just don't design a brand new car for his company with tail fins, bubble domes, shag carpeting and three horns that all play La Cucaracha.

19. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Nice reference.

20. ProjectHate

After reading your responses I'm quite suprised at how many people are in my situation.Well I most definately want to meet her before I die ..shes my sister!Wow it feels really weird saying that hehe.