Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I do a good deed, and this is the thanks I get :(

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mumba, Oct 18, 2006.

1. mumba

mumba Banned

I do a good deed, and this is the thanks I get :(

So I finally found a nice Zak Shield with 43 res :rolleyes:, get 4 sockets out of it and to thru the long ordeal of gettin all the necessary runes for a spirit (and god forbid anyone should want to trade a tal, thul, ort or amn). I had to do the act5 soldiers quest to get all the runes and slowly cube them up to the necessary ones.

Then all I needed was one lousy chipped topaz to make an amn out of 3 thuls, so for 2 hours of wandering around norm I couldnt get one. Till some low level comes in and asks for a rush. I tell him if he gives me a chip topaz he can have it for free. Of course he jumps on that and I go thru with the rush and to top if all off I end up dumping some 15 or so rares and uniques off of all my mules that were just gathering dust. All the while this kid was amazed at how good they were, even tho they were mediocre stuff.

So after all that I go ahead and make my spirit, and this is what I get:

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot011ed9.jpg :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

At least some kid is now happily swimming in uniques all for a chip gem.

2. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Eh, at least you didn't use a 45 res shield.

Next hell hellforge that gives me a hel, I am giving it to you. (I just got ist and um on my last two, so it is due soon).

3. darkwanderer666

darkwanderer666 IncGamers Member

hell id just reroll it. best thing to do in my opinion. but i tend to have decent rolls with runewords, 2 perfect spirits and a perfect hoto within like 2 mins of each other haha.. this was on the realm of course

4. bkwong

bkwong IncGamers Member

If you run hell countess, you'll get the Hel and the spirit runes quickly. On top of that you'll get tkeys.

5. mumba

mumba Banned

Yeah been doin that, plus I got a whole bunch of mules that I can do the a5 quests again. Been playing this game for 4 years and I just recently realized that saving the soldiers actually got you a reward. Up untill now I thought u just got to hire barbs as ur reward, so for all of my 15 or so chars I never did that quest.

So plenty of time to go thru all of those on 3 difficulties, on top of that the quest is nice enough to give u almost the perfect runes for spirits.

6. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Sucks on the roll man. Hel it, try again, and hope for the best.

OT - Anyone know where this quote's from? I probably have it wrong but it popped in my head while I was reading the thread title.
    "No good deed ever goes unpunished."

7. FinalBout

FinalBout IncGamers Member

The first spirit i rolled turned out to be an 25fcr monarch...
    Don't worry, I feel your pain. Just keep going at it.

I rolled an decent infinity a few days back...so I guess it cancels out..

8. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

According to Wikipedia, it's Anonymous:

9. moremayhem

moremayhem IncGamers Member

I know I'm still new, heck I was thrilled when I found a 104 def. Shako a week or so ago, but why is this not a good shield? Compared to the variables I see at Arreat Summit, it looks pretty good to me. Is it because FCR is off the max by several points?

10. xduckster

xduckster IncGamers Member

The FCR is really the most important thing on the shield. The rest of the variable stats you can easily get from other sources. Although, if you're trying to hit the 75 and 125 break points only a perfect one is really useful. Anything else is more or less equal.

11. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

If you can give away several uniques for free, I don't see how you can't afford rerolling the shield a few times. Keep up the good deeds!:thumbsup:

12. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Iirc it's from a movie (or tv show perhaps)

But it's been years since I saw (heard) it.

13. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

The Spirit runeword is so cheap for the mods it offers, that it's really not a problem rerolling it. I've always considered this runeword overpowered. Maybe if it was something like "Cham-Ist-Io-Um", it would be more decent :grin: !

14. ael

ael IncGamers Member

Op: roll roll roll and roll till you get 35. Otherwise it wont worth much more than the socketable itself.

Frosty: I dont think so. Think of how many times you have to roll it to get a 35 one. Sometimes you get 35 on a first roll, other times you dont get 35 in 50+ rolls. I didnt hesitate to buy my 35 non sup monarch for Mal back in the day(me and frosty on europe you see). Lets say a spirit pack is worth about 15 gems. So 4 rolls would be around Um, and chances are you wont get 35 in 4 rolls.

15. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Depends, if you're a lucky person :wink3:

16. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

It's the same for all runewords : you have a chance to get crappy stats, or godly stats :grin:. The question here is that the Spirit runeword is very, very powerful, whereas the runes are very, very cheap (run normal countess for 20 minutes and you can cube them up to the needed runes...). I won't complain of course, but it's not a "balanced" runeword IMHO :smiley:.

17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I did no good deed and I just found an eth 5 socket BA, hahahaha !!!

18. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Hmm... that's a dilemma. You admitted that you don't deserve the item at the moment, so you should give it away. Although if you do give it away, you'll be doing a good deed. Maybe you should give it to me and go to roll a few Spirit:wink3:

19. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

You NEVER know if your next grief is a 40/400 roll or not...:wink2:

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Of course I deserved the item. I killed a monster, it dropped that weapon and I took it. I think killing enemies to loot them is perfectly honorable and legit, isn't it ? Isn't it ? Hmm... well, OK, at least I didn't got it by horking with my barb. :grin:

I have good luck when I'm not doing good deeds, it seems, so I will better not start with that. :tongue: