Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I did something stupid with my merc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Dr.G, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

I did something stupid with my merc

I had flux a act3 fire merc at levl 37 and I decided to get a Neeras an act 2 offensive mighty merc. and I decided that I didnt like him and I tried to get my old guy back and now hes gone.

:rant: Now I am stuck with a crappy low level merc and I want to go and fight diablo..argh.

How do you know mighy merc work do they are auras like some of the defensive ones?

I am a skellie master and I thought that a mighty mers would help them kick ***...but by the looks of him my merc just stabs..

2. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

a might merc is good fer skelemancers, maybe ur merc has to fight a monster first to activate the aura. they do activate them though it can be a bit slow.

3. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

An Act2 nm offensive merc is awesome for skelliemancers, Mine uses one. If he isnt turning on his aura, which is Might btw, it's just because your skeletons are strong and he isnt doing much fighting. Just give him a chance, he will kick his aura on eventually, and it will increase your skellies damage greatly!
    :drool:
    If you still arent happy with him, you could try an Act2 Defensive merc, which uses the Holy Freeze aura. Or, if you just out right hate act 2 mercs, you can go back to act3 normal, or wait til you get to act 3 nightmare and hire another act3 merc.
    Hope that helps
    Sin

4. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

well I just kinda hate hime because for one i was used to flux he was part of the family and he was such a high level and I gave him kick *** gear.

Now I have to start all over again. Also my old merc had a good amount of life and now my lonely guy dies a lot.

Oh well he does increase my attack rating thought.

I have another question. Does my attack rating effect the attack rating of my army?? How do I know the attack rating of my army??

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Your AR doesnt affect the AR of your minions. How to tell what their AR is .... I dunno...
    Umm...
    Where's Alain!

6. mecca_punchy

mecca_punchy IncGamers Member

The arreat summit has all those answers and more. The skeles life and ar depends on the level your skill tree is at.

7. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Skellies have high enough attack rating, that's basically enough to know. They hit things most of the time if they just aren't interrupted while attacking. I still suggest you to go get that might merc as he increase´s the damage of your whole army by a lot. None of the other mercs is even close to that value for skelliemancer. Sometimes when he gets killed and you revive him it might take a while for the aura to start working but once it does you should see the aura under him and your other minions and notice a clear increase in your killing speed.

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

If he says "increases my AR", didn't he buy a normal difficulty offensive merc?
    That aura also has very small graphics (red stripes around his feet iirc) so he might have just bought a blessed aim merc. I didn't see him mentioning nm anywhere, unless I missed that when I read through the posts :)

9. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

well he gave me and my guys alittle red aura thing which increased my AR. After he dies and I revive him, it take a while for it to come back....

I guess that I just used to having a higher level merc and he rarely died.... Iguess I just do some runs and let my crew clear out the baddies so I can level him. What sucks with leveling is that he takes a longer time to attack because by the time he gets into the fight my skellies have taken care of most of the baddies.

10. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

That red aura is blessed aim, which you get from normal and hell act2 offensive merc. You get might from nightmare act2 offensive merc and it's a yellow aura.

11. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

1. You think you got a might merc, but its a blessed aim merc. You gotta wait for Nightmare act 2 to get might merc.

2. If you need to level your merc, you need to go somewhere suitable for his level, because his experience gaining is subject to the same (or similar) modifiers as yours. He gets exp from your skeles killing too, but if you're in an high level area, he'll get less exp. You'll need to bear with the boredom of going to a lower area and helping him out.

3.BUT I don't recommend this cos blessed aim isn't necessary for skeles, just leave him be and get a might merc when you reach act 2 of nightmare

Act II Hirelings: Desert Mercenaries
    The Hirelings of Act II are available from Greiz in Lut Gholein. They specialize in Melee Attacks. If Hirelings have any special abilities, they will be listed in the recruitment window.

Skills:

Combat/Normal Difficulty: Jab/Prayer
    Combat/Nightmare Difficulty: Jab/Thorns
    Combat/Hell Difficulty: Jab/Prayer
    Defense/Normal Difficulty: Jab/Defiance
    Defense/Nightmare Difficulty: Jab/Holy Freeze
    Defense/Hell Difficulty: Jab/Defiance
    Offense/Normal Difficulty: Jab/Blessed Aim
    Offense/Nightmare Difficulty: Jab/Might
    Offense/Hell Difficulty: Jab/Blessed Aim

From Arreat Summit.

12. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

if my merc is a blesid aim merc than why does my AR go way up??

13. cronoe3

cronoe3 IncGamers Member

because a blessed aim merc makes ur AR go up, ur looking for a might merc which increases dmg... but u can only get that one in nightmare, u seem to be in normal, so just wait till u get there

14. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Well if I wait and use another merc, I will be at a fairly high level when I hit nightmare. So wouldnt that make lvling him up hard???

15. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Depending on what level you are, there's an increase in level that you can buy mercs at in nightmare. So my guess is once you hit nightmare if you're not that high a level, it shouldn't be too many levels he'll need to catch up to you.

16. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

The equipment for your merc is very important. Melee mercs CANNOT survive without a good amount of life leech.

-AnQ

17. Project

Project IncGamers Member

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but I had a quick question on mercs seeing as we were on that subject.

Is there a way to find out what level aura your merc is giving off? I have a NM Might merc at lvl 82 now, but I don't know what level might he is giving off and would like to know.

--Project