I did it!

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
I did it!

Some of you may remember that one of the reasons I took time off was to train for an Ironman, which I did this weekend...thank god that is over! Just wanted to take a second to toot my horn, and see if there are any other triathletes here...speak up!!!

Now, to work on my tattoo design... :grin:

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
alexzed said:
Some of you may remember that one of the reasons I took time off was to train for an Ironman, which I did this weekend...thank god that is over!

Ironman eh... I used to help run one of the aid stations, for the bike section, during one held in the BC interior(the okanagan)

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Keldaris said:
Ironman eh... I used to help run one of the aid stations, for the bike section, during one held in the BC interior(the okanagan)
Yeah - the penticiton IM...friends did that one last year...I'd like to - but it costs so much to fly over there! And you guys at the rest stations are the unsung heroes...not possible without you!

And yes - it cut into my beer drinking time this summer - but I will try to make up for that now! :thumbsup:

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
Amra said:
Only if you can do it in record time.
damn...i thought i might be able to win a ribbon at something...i can go on for days and still not cross the finish line. :laugh:

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
alexzed said:
Some of you may remember that one of the reasons I took time off was to train for an Ironman
Is that where you play through all 16 levels of the first *Crowbar Swings* by putting on the worst gear you can find, and without ever visiting town?

Man, you're hardcore. ^_^

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided to switch gears, and my new tri is Beer. poker and food. Much more enjoyable!

Um...Viagara doesn't help you 'cross the line' so much as 'toe the line'...if you can't finish...that's called too much beer! :grin:

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
Beer, poker and food. Dammit why do you have to be so much like be me other than politics??? :rant:
Smeg...he’s the snake to my mongoose…or the mongoose to my snake…(pause) Either way it’s bad. I don’t know animals.

Guess that's what makes the world go 'round...yin & yang and all that. Once you realize how wrong your political views are, it'll all be much easier. :cloud9:

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'll die before I change my politics.
What if, sometime in the future, you figure out a new angle on something that contradicts your previous viewpoint on the subject? Do you change your views, or cling to what you have?

(Not a troll, just a question.)

EDIT:

Just a personal note. I think everyone here knows that I have an opinion on just about every subject and that I think I'm right, but I would never say that I can guarantee my views on a subject will never change. To do that would almost require me to guarantee that I will never learn anything knew, and/or never contemplate an issue again.

SaroDarksbane said:
What if, sometime in the future, you figure out a new angle on something that contradicts your previous viewpoint on the subject? Do you change your views, or cling to what you have?

(Not a troll, just a question.)
A fair question. On the rare occasion where I find myself to have been wrong, I change immediately. Thankfully that only happens about once a year.

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Thankfully that only happens about once a year.
I'm willing to go along with that....but what you perhpas have failed to mention is that the period of time in which you are mistaken lasts about 364 days? :jig: