I cured cancer and solved world hunger!

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
I cured cancer and solved world hunger!

Thats right Gaile! Heh just a little joke from dave's drunken thread. Anyhoo, I'm in class and bored and wondering what new fantasy books to download. Anyone give me an idea on some good series? I've read the following.
Sword of truth
Darksword triology
Wheel of time
Dragonlance
Dune
And a few more, can't remember. So any suggestions? I heard the dark elf series is good.
 

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
The Dark Elf books, the one with Drizzt, are not too great. He's a whiney, angst filled teenager. RA Salvatore gets lamer and lamer as his story goes on, which is kind of sad. My advice, read the Cleric Quintet. Same author, less crap.

And on a side note: Why haven't I been banned yet? What's a guy have to do around here to get banned! :grrr:
 

toader

Banned
Hmmm...you gotta do more than that.

I love it when people try to get banned, they do smoe funny things.

Whatever you do, dont spam a bunch of ******** threads...that wont get you banned.


edit:

Oh yea...the Drittz books are really really good.

I would reccomend reading them in this order:

Dark Elf Triology
Icewind Dale Trilogy
Legacy of the Drow Series
Paths of Darkness Series
And finally his most recent: Hunters Blades Trilogy

Oh yea....same author...doesnt matter when you read it: Cleric Quintet.

Along the same line of forgotten realms:
Check out the Avatar Series
 

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
toader said:
Hmmm...you gotta do more than that.

I love it when people try to get banned, they do smoe funny things.

Whatever you do, dont spam a bunch of ******** threads...that wont get you banned.


edit:

Oh yea...the Drittz books are really really good.

I would reccomend reading them in this order:

Dark Elf Triology
Icewind Dale Trilogy
Legacy of the Drow Series
Paths of Darkness Series
And finally his most recent: Hunters Blades Trilogy

Oh yea....same author...doesnt matter when you read it: Cleric Quintet.

Along the same line of forgotten realms:
Check out the Avatar Series
??? Maybe I missed something...

Anyway, Piers Anthony's books about the land of Xanth are pretty cool. I suggest Demons Don't Dream as the first one you read, since they don't ahve to be read in any order, they all connect, but it's nothing big if you don't understand the connection. Such as a major character beoming a minor one in a different book.
 

toader

Banned
Sorry Piff...

Smelly has been trying to get himself banned lately, I was just suggesting some ideas.

Then I realized I better post something on-topic as well...heh.
 

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a book somewhere around here, lemme see... A yes, there it is; Swords and Deviltry by Fritz Leiher. The Vanishing Tower by Michael Moorcock is also pretty good.
 

Akira

Member
toader said:
Sorry Piff...

Smelly has been trying to get himself banned lately, I was just suggesting some ideas.

Then I realized I better post something on-topic as well...heh.

if he wants to be banned so badly why doesn't he just leave? No on is going to pity him if he does get banned.

It's like sitting in a bar, and deciding that you want to go, but instead of getting up and leaving you try to piss off the owner until she throws you out.
 

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
here's a cure for cancer: kill every living thing that has it

cure for hunger: kill every other hungry person, feed that one to the one that lived
 

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
If you have a hunger for an excellent series that may not be . . .err . . . uplifting . . . at times, try the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

I would go so far as to call it the best series I've ever read.
 

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
SaroDarksbane said:
If you have a hunger for an excellent series that may not be . . .err . . . uplifting . . . at times, try the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

I would go so far as to call it the best series I've ever read.
I really love that series....so far... i have yet to finish it though...

To stay on Topic, how about the Crown of the Stars Series (hope i spelled it right)
 

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Akira said:
if he wants to be banned so badly why doesn't he just leave? No on is going to pity him if he does get banned.

It's like sitting in a bar, and deciding that you want to go, but instead of getting up and leaving you try to piss off the owner until she throws you out.
I'm not looking for pity or to piss off the "owner of the bar". I'm just seeing how much I have to do, without going completely overboard, to get banned. Asking didn't help, so I have to try something else. Oh well, if it matters, I love you Akira. Kiss meh.
 

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
LOTR is a given.I didn't mention that because every fantasy fan has to have read that. I've heard good things about Fire and Ice..so I'll probably check that out next. Thanks for the suggestions. And dave, if you're reading this...you're pathetic. Stop pming me.
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Proof that DJ_Otaku was drunk in the other thread, in IM form no less!

Dj Otaku560: heri
Dj Otaku560: hii *
Dj Otaku560: oru foing
Dj Otaku560: so i'[ll ta;l to upi asyer

As to fantasy, I agree that if you haven't read LotR yet, you should. It's excellent. Other than that, I got nothing, except the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis. Sure, they're kids books, but the beauty of that is you can read the whole series in a day or two.
 

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
P2blr said:
here's a cure for cancer: kill every living thing that has it

cure for hunger: kill every other hungry person, feed that one to the one that lived
No no.

Feed the people with cancer to the hungry people!

BAM!

:D
 

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
No no.

Feed the people with cancer to the hungry people!

BAM!

:D
your idea intrigues me

but... what if the hungry people get cancer from the food.. if that's possible. It'd eventually work though, if the hungry person gets cancer from the person they ate, feed him to the next guy and so on until they were both gone
 
Top