Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I can't find any builds... where did they all go?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by DarK_EnforceR, Feb 3, 2004.

1. DarK_EnforceR

DarK_EnforceR IncGamers Member

I can't find any builds... where did they all go?

I searched the whole forum first by entering key words, then searching page by page!

What happen to the sticky threads which had the builds and pointers in how to make a barb?? Can someone please post me a link! I want to find a strategy for my barb which has full ik set. His lvl 20 at the moment and not very strong cause he has hardly any skill points used and 0 stats points.

Can someone pls help me.... i will greatly appreciate it! Any links will be helpful. Thankyou

2. Raging_Zealot

Raging_Zealot Diablo: IncGamers Member

The forum ate them. Look in the Strategy Compendium, although many of the guides are for 1.09, theres some 1.10 ones up you might find useful.

3. DarK_EnforceR

i did but there is only a concentrate barb in 1.10 forum and some barbs suited for 1.09! I prefer to have a build for 1.10 and it's uses becuase something has changed and i don't want to build a barb that has some weaknesses!

4. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Come on Hal, surely you got that Concentrate build in a notepad somewheres, that you can just copy/paste it...plz! ..pretty plz!.

edit;
    nvm my post..I just found it. I forgot about the stradegy comp....*hits self in head*

Also that concentrate barb dont have many weaknesses, try him. I think you'll like it.

5. DarK_EnforceR

Really...? What about whirlwind barb and is concetrate barb suited for ik gear?

Ok i took a good look at it and ur rigth it is quite nice... but some questions i am using ik maul and it says i should keep dex base so do u use the dex from his points and put it in strength instead so i can use maul? Also i am not as rich to afford a doom eth pole arm for my merc ... is might merc still the best way to go?

6. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

well, I've never played a 2hander concentrate barb..and from my experience, I think a shield is a must..but I dont want to be one of those who is like, "use a shield, you'll suck without it, na na, na na nana", you may work fine with it, but with IK set up, a zerker build would rock, as well as a WW i'm guessing.
    But the max block thing, with a shield is awesome.:)

but back to the merc question, yes a might merc works good with any decent to high damage weapon, and also witha concentrate barb. I used a hone sudan for a loong time, and inserted 2 amn's and a ith? I think, the one that lower targets def...its cheap, easy and fairly effective. Otherwise, I find lots of rares with pretty good high damage, and some with cool stats.

7. DarK_EnforceR

Ok in that case what is the zerker/ww build any one know or just a plain ww barb one???

I wana start adding skill and stat points asap plz anyone

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Cyber:

Yeah, it's over in the compendium now, though I suppose I'll take the forum wipe as a sign and post an updated version of the guide on the forum in the next few days and try to get Zo to sticky it. No pvp update yet, just altered to make the guide a bit clearer, and provide multiple options to people who want to try different things.

I've been meaning to post it for awhile now, just been busy with some C# scripting I've been doing for a PR UO server and life in general. I'll give it the look over to make sure it's clean and toss it up for yall later.

-Hal

9. DarK_EnforceR

ok so as is aid i went to the Strat Comp and i only found .09 builds and 1.10 concentrate builds. I sure thats omeone must have a 1.10 ww or ww/zerk build somewhere. If someone can direct me to it i will greatly appreciate it.

10. LorD4rk

LorD4rk IncGamers Member

hi.
    this is my current lvl81 ww/zerk barb status:

skills
    lvl20 ww
    lvl20 mace (ik set)
    lvl20 bo
    lvl01 bc
    lvl18 shout (maxing)
    lvl10 zerk (trying to get lvl15 at least)
    prereqs

stats
    str 270
    dxt base
    vit 215
    ene base

im doing 3,8k - 4,5k dmg (not to much yet), and got 2,7k life.
    i do not use ani of the socks from ik set. hope i can get some ed/ias jewels soon.

socks
    40% ed on armor
    2x40% ed on helm
    2x 40/15ias on maul (almost impossible to get...)

itens
    ik set
    2x raven frost rings (250 AR, cannot be frozen, cold absorb 20% each)
    metalgrid ammy (450 AR, all resistances 35)

---------------------------------------
    hope it could help ya....

11. DarK_EnforceR

Nice is he effective in the depths of hell and does he die often?? Also killing Act bosses does he take a while or does he beat them to a bloody pulp and still have time for a snack after?

12. LorD4rk

LorD4rk IncGamers Member

Got an act2 [hell] def merc, all itens i´ve told, some brain and strat then ya should be fine. WW for Crowd Control and Zerk for Unics. There´ll be only one way to make ya die: Iron Maiden Aura. On an 8 players game [hell] against baal minion, perhaps ya suffer a little bit.
    Cya.

13. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

Well...

My Conc Barb solo's hell with absolutely no difficulty. He is lvl ** and currently all I do is Baal runs for leveling. Nothing can touch him it seems.

I am the meatsheild for 8 player Baal runs too with him. I was curious and asked the rest of the party to step back and let me do the killing. My life orb never dropped below 9/10ths full. Lister was gravy.

So, this is one powerful build. I highly recommend it. Hal's guide nails it 100%.

'shed

14. LorD4rk

LorD4rk IncGamers Member

Some question for ya Shed:

1) describe your stat points distribution
    2) how much dmg per hit, and how life leech is working in your building, perhaps tha point should be your high defense from shout+conc+merc...
    3) itens? if ik set, already socketed ani of the 5 free sockets?
    4) are ya using WW for back-up/crowd control?

15. thewoodshed

Sure bro- and here are the answers:

1) Stats

Str: Just as much points needed for my Archon (maybe I went 5 over). With equipment I am around 220.

Dex: 200 with items ATM, but will take to 222 for max block using my SS.

Vita: Everything else. I have 100 unused point. Afer dex, I'll dump it all here. I am at 4K life after cries and am currently at 350 vita. With another 100 vita pumped in here and some item tweaking, I should make 5k life easy

Ener: nothing at all. With cried I have 350 mana and that's all I ever need

As far as skills, follow Hal's guide. For one point wonders I choose Leap Attack, Taunt, Howl, Beserk, Iron skin and nat res. At lvl 99 (ha!) this still gives me enough skill to max the last Concentrate synergy- Bash. I can not emphasize enough how this build taught me to use more "finesse" based skills for a barb. Sure, I can probably power through anything, but it is fun to go straight to the boss and clear the way with howl, or lure a monster into my merc's reach with taunt.

2) Damage at this point, after my Merc and cries is about 7500 at 10 FPS. Once I get Steelrends this will increase and even more so as my merc and I level- probably to arounf 8 or 9k.

Lifeleech=44%. It works well, just remeber LL is a different animal now.
    Def is arounf 23K with Conc

3) Items:
    Arreats with 39/15
    CoH Archon
    BotD CB
    Stormsheild with 40/14 max (I hear these don't work for some reason?)
    Verdungo'
    Drac's Grasp (to be replaced with Steelrends)
    Goreriders
    Highlord's Wrath
    Ravenfrost
    Crafted ring

I do admit I have very good stuff (ima horse trader and MF addict) but you can accompish a lot with much less.

4) No- I don't use WW at all. If I need crowd control, I use taunt or howl.

'shed

16. Louisifier

Louisifier IncGamers Member

Could someone plz post the link to the guide??!! :D

I am rebuilding my barb after he played dead to a bunch of knights and their IM...but for some reason I cannot get to the guide....

Thanks in advance

17. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Here you go.

That's a copy of it I posted on my own space, so I can update/correct it whenever I feel like it. Saves the board some room as well.

-Hal

18. thewoodshed

As soon as I see Oblivion nights I think Iron Maiden and immediately hotkey Berserk.

'shed

19. DarK_EnforceR

Ok i know conentrate barb is good..... but i do not have the items for it!

I do however have the ik set... ppl in heer keep telling me it's good, and i believe them but no one tells me if it's suited for ik set, thats my problem!!!

I want to know the best build for Ik set plz....!