I cant belive anyone hasnt though of this...

xlodtraderx

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant belive anyone hasnt though of this...

I was thinkin...about a sacrafice pally?? That would be amazing....

20 sacrafice
20 fanta
20 redemption
5 holy sheild
rest conviction

With +8 skills and 7 combat charms...sacrafice add 1100% dmg!!! So assuming ur weapon does 300 dmg:
11 x 300 = 3300 x 5.09 (+509% from fanta) = 16797 + 3300 = around 20k dmg...now use a whole ton of % leach items and sacrafice 8% life will be no disadvantage....and u'll do 20k DMG PER HIT WITH ZEAL??!!! Any thoughts plz!!

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
xlodtraderx said:

20 sacrafice
20 fanta
20 redemption
5 holy sheild
rest conviction

With +8 skills and 7 combat charms...sacrafice add 1100% dmg!!! So assuming ur weapon does 300 dmg:
11 x 300 = 3300 x 5.09 (+509% from fanta) = 16797 + 3300 = around 20k dmg...now use a whole ton of % leach items and sacrafice 8% life will be no disadvantage....and u'll do 20k DMG PER HIT WITH ZEAL??!!! Any thoughts plz!!
Yes i can think of one problem. Sacrifice takes life from you even if you miss your swing. So 8 % of 20k damage = 1600 damage to you. Damage reduction won't save you so unless you have 95% chance to hit and a hell of a lot of life, you will kill yourself over and over with such damage.

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
xlodtraderx said:

20 sacrafice
20 fanta
20 redemption
5 holy sheild
rest conviction

Umm...how are you going to do that much damage with Zeal if none of your points go into Zeal. Also, it would be 12 x 300, not 11 since 1100% is being
added. If you mean that you are using +8 to skills and 7 combat charms to get the synergy then you must notknow that + skills, no matter where they are from, do not add to the synergy.

Any1

Banned
You're calculation of synergies is wrong. Fanaticism + Redemption will add 20% more damage to Sacrifice, per slvl in each skill. Both skills at slvl 20 will add a 400% synergy to Sacrifice (+ skills don't work for synergies).

Synergies for Sacrifice only effect that skill, they don't carry over to Zeal. The most Zeal can be synergized by Sacrifice is (12% * 20) 240% added on top of the Zeal damage.

xlodtraderx

Diabloii.Net Member
who said i was gonna use zeal to attack??? the point of putting points into sacrafice is to use it? And i was only thinking about using it against monsters that really give u trouble...or pking..oh well just a thought.

paradigm720

Diabloii.Net Member
He's saying sarcastically that you couldn't possibly do that much with Zeal. The phrasing is a little odd, but no need to jump all over him people.

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
paradigm720 said:
He's saying sarcastically that you couldn't possibly do that much with Zeal. The phrasing is a little odd, but no need to jump all over him people.
Guess we should "jump all over him" for not knowing how to use grammar.

xlodtraderx

Diabloii.Net Member
sry...my bad its a typo i meant to say sacrafice instead of zeal...jeeze no need to flame or w/e, it was just an idea that i had...

Any1

Banned
xlodtraderx said:
sry...my bad its a typo i meant to say sacrafice instead of zeal...jeeze no need to flame or w/e, it was just an idea that i had...

I don't think I flamed anyone. If I gave offense, I apologize. :howdy:

gods_pawn

Banned
yeah so anyways

doesn't sacrifice take 8% of your life bulb, not 8% of the damage you're dealing? that would sound like a major drawback - and i don't think even blizzard is THAT cruel....

i mean if they give you the potential to do tons of damage and give almost a 10th of it back to you realizing that average paladins only have around 1000 life....

Sac does 8% of dmg you do back at you.

This has been thought of, better too, and its called a Martyr.

Your calculations are... at the least... wrong.

In pvp its not that good as you would have a 9 fps attack at fastest. Zeal is 8/4/4/4/4 fps (first swing is 8, 4 after are 4 fps). And Zeal is uninterrupt now, so good luck with that one.

fonis toastes said:
Sac does 8% of dmg you do back at you.

This has been thought of, better too, and its called a Martyr.

Your calculations are... at the least... wrong.

In pvp its not that good as you would have a 9 fps attack at fastest. Zeal is 8/4/4/4/4 fps (first swing is 8, 4 after are 4 fps). And Zeal is uninterrupt now, so good luck with that one.

Zealot with Sacrifice bonus is better than using Sacrifice alone, and they swing super fast.