I can't believe I am asking this but....(Photoshop)

I can't believe I am asking this but....(Photoshop)

I have a copy of Photoshop 7, yes it is legal I got if through my school last year. So anywho I am trying to makethis but my Pen tool is acting up. When I make the path I get these wierd pieces of color to show up on either side of the "line" made between two near dots. It shows up whenever I bend the line to make it curvy like a wire. If it bows to the left of a straight line then I get color to the left. I will get pictures up tommarow if no one can figure this out.

I was wondering if any of you have had this happen or any of you know how to get rid of it. I can change the opacity but then it screws me over later in the process.

kplzthnx bye

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Check the tool settings and make sure your fill is set to transparent, rather than some color.

Silvermyst

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah sounds like your fill is using some kind of gradient or pattern. I don't use the pen tool much for anything other then selections, so I dunno if that's the problem.

Well I got the screen shot up. www.geocities.com/kow_spazed

Durf.....I looked and I couldn't find out how to set the fill to transparent.

This is just the universe trying to screw me over because I said I wanted to update my site..... *shakes fist at universe*

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
Well I got the screen shot up. www.geocities.com/kow_spazed

Durf.....I looked and I couldn't find out how to set the fill to transparent.

This is just the universe trying to screw me over because I said I wanted to update my site..... *shakes fist at universe*
Press the button i have highlighted in red.
Edit: Now that i have solved your problem, i'm going to derail this thread using the 1337 h4x0r picture made in Photoshop... No copying except for the girl, Ayumi. Comments?
Edit2: Oops, wrong pic ver. URL updated.

Kawaii said:
Press the button i have highlighted in red.
Edit: Now that i have solved your problem, i'm going to derail this thread using the 1337 h4x0r picture made in Photoshop... No copying except for the girl, Ayumi. Comments?
Edit2: Oops, wrong pic ver. URL updated.
WOOT!!!

I LOVE you! *Jumps on Kawaii and smothers with kisses* Well I can't believe I didn't try that sooner....hell I tried everything else known in PS.

*Gives Kawaii present* :xgift:

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
WOOT!!!

I LOVE you! *Jumps on Kawaii and smothers with kisses* Well I can't believe I didn't try that sooner....hell I tried everything else known in PS.

*Gives Kawaii present* :xgift:
Yay! *jumps up and down*
*shakes present violently in order to try to determine what's inside*
*thumping noises*
Huh.
*carefully opens present*
*holds up dead guinea pig with several crush wounds*
Ooops. :creep:

It WAS a Chinchilla but then again they are about the same thing.

Well now for the real test...doing the tut all the way through, before all I did was check to see if the color crap was gone....I will hopefully get through with no problems now. I will edit/post the results.

EDIT: GAH! I am now effectively stuck at step 5. I can't use lighting effects...it is just greyed out text. I can use it on other pictures just not in this tut.... I hate the rules of the universe. Always keeping you from doing what you want to do.

I will post another screen shot if you need one...