Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I cannot believe this.....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kor, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Kor

Kor IncGamers Member

I cannot believe this.....

I quit Diablo II because I pretty much had everything I wanted and accomplished everything I wanted to. So I finally log back on to see what's up with the new ladder season.

Ladder STILL never resetted????

Am I missing out on anything here, such as any information Blizzard posted before? Or no?

How do you guys feel about this?

EDIT :: Sorry I just found the ladder thread, but it seems to stray off topic a little. I would like to hear some of you guys and whatcha think.

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The ladder will problably never be resetted.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Can I have your stuff? :D

4. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

blizzard added some new runewords a few months ago. but that's about it.

5. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

*snicker snicker* er... I mean the ladder may reset in July (better not, because I will be gone for a bit) or may reset at the realease of LoDIII (which could be sometime in the next eon).

6. Kor

Kor IncGamers Member

July is my final guess too, of which month will be the new season. If it doesn't reset in July, then I don't know what to say.

Majority of the players were looking forward to the new season, yet still never arrived. I guess D2 has powerful addiction, since they still play.

Yeah, and they were pretty cool. I have about 3-5 of each of the new runewords, but still wasn't enough to keep me from playing D2.

If official word came out from blizzard, stating that they will not reset the new ladder, would you continue to play? I'm curious.

These questions go out to everybody else:

1.) If Blizzard made it official that there will be no new season, would you still play?

2.) How addicted are you to Diablo II? Be Honest!

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

If one is wealthy there are MANY viable hell difficulty variants one can try, otherwise no i would not play.

8. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

addicted enough to say to my gf that i lost the bus and couldn´t meet her at some place ( a mistake ill never commit again :lol: )

9. Useratuaer

Useratuaer IncGamers Member

1. Id be pissed, but then again I dont play ladder now, and if it didnt reset I would probably never play ladder.

2. I used to be addicted but that addiction is fading somewhat, but once the new season starts (if it starts) I think that addiction will be back! And with a VENGENCE! :thumbsup:

10. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i like ladder, generally speaking. if there was no ladder, i wouldn't play, but if this ladder never reset, i would probably keep going. if there was a reset, i would do what i did last time: let these chars expire and start all over.

11. ImMaClone

ImMaClone IncGamers Member

I pretty much did the same thing. I've acquired many items that I dreamed of...quit for awhile...wait for new ladder :sleep: ...lost everything :( ...THEN back to D2 again (what a long wait for new ladder...).

If it's going to be July, we'll be hearing something from Bliz real soon. :thumbsup:

12. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

I play offline.

Yep.

Let's see, I know more about Diablo than just about anything else.

13. BigAl

BigAl IncGamers Member

no new ladder season: I would continue to play.. it's free, have several builds I am working on.. my computer is certainly not state of the art anymore, but it works just fine.. don't want to spend the money on a new computer, when I still enjoy this game

addicted: hmm I play 4 hrs a day on average, I have 18 non-ladder characters and 4 ladder characters that I play on rotation (don't get bored with a build when you don't play it ever day as easily) I am thinking about creating a couple more ladder characters, but have been holding out in case ladder does reset in the next few months. and, I am not rich in diabloII. on non-ladder, I had to trade for IK boots, years of playing, and have never found them.. just not lucky :) highest rune.. gul (and only one).. so much more to find.... yes.. will continue to play and search for zod

14. phool

phool IncGamers Member

1) 90% I play single player, would make little difference to me. I play all my online chars untwinked - if u don't trade with yourself this is FAR MORE SATISFYING, even if some people are pretty abusive they are looosers anyway. When I first used ATMA, suddenly I could make all runewords. Is nice to have uber chars on single for about a week, then it just goes downhill. So now I trade stuff of approx value between my chars but don't give myself stuff. I often have good luck (most recent polar bear has found jade talon, leviathian, 4/4 fire facet (duriel!), shadow killer, 1/2 of m'avina and all but armour of IK w/o mf runs oh yeah and my first skullcollector ever) and have made many medium/high runewords w/o trading at all, including a BotD (yes i actually found a zod but i don't expect ne1 to believe me...), stone, gloom, bramble CoH, crescent moon, kingslayer and delirium. (Getting an um off the nm hellforge helps)

2) Diablo 2: the only game that gets better and better the more you play it :D . 1.10 made the game 2x as good IMO, now there are way more builds, there is always something new to do. Sometimes I play 8 hours a day maybe, more usually 1 or 2.

There are mods out there for people who want something different from diablo. I won't name any (not sure if against forum rules), I tried a couple, one didn't worek and the other was VERY amateurish, just threw in some monsters from baldur's gate, added some new items, all way too good and made the original stuff obsolete... :rolleyes:

15. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

Friend of mine made statement it would be at december 31 2005.
    He was referring to a post made by blizzard long time ago saying something about a "ladder competition" wich would end on dec 31th.

16. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

I would say that it MUST restart this summer, otherwise i would say summer 2010 sounds about right.

17. Kor

Kor IncGamers Member

lmao! thats hilarious man

hah! Just imagine if you told her this one

----

You : Sorry hunny, I just have things more important to do right nwo

G/f : Like what??

You : Well I'm trading 4 ists + Gul for a Near perf CoH dusk + 2 sojs

G/F : And THIS is more important than me?!?

You : Well the sojs aren't, but if you add in the CoH, hell yea!

Yea you are pretty much like me. I even acquired stuff I didn't dream of. I guess you could say my goal was to collect every single item in the game , (even like Btals) and I pretty much accomplished that. Now I'm trying to sell my items on Ebay or Dbay or etc. I never made any effort to sell yet but I will soon. Untill then I just keep reactivating my mules and stuff. I lost 2 mule accounts (expired) so far with about 4 enigmas, 5 griefs, 1 eth zod valor, etc etc. Basically stuff worth alot of high runes. But when i found out they expired i just laughed and said to myself "thats 2 less accounts to sell! :lol: "

18. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

:lol: id never do that to her (she doesn´t know that i didn´t go that day coz of the game :lol: if she did...omg i think i wouldn´t be writing anything here---id be dead!! :p )

19. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

probably but a bit dissapointed for a while

Let me put it this way... It was only yesterday that I went searching for diablo seals in church...

20. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

1) TBH, would the current season ever end or keep going on then? If the current ladder stays forever, I'd go ladder, if it dies, I'd stay on nonladder

2) How addicted? Jeez, I play every spare minute I have :D When we had dinner and my mother is running the water to do the dishes, I'm doing a quick mfrun. When I get up too early for work or school, I play a few mfruns, heck, I even have had dreams about the game. And at my highest moment I played an average of 16 hours per day :clap: