Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I call for a revolution ~!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lenny, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Lenny

Lenny IncGamers Member

I call for a revolution ~!

Lets make a patition, about 'blizzard please do somthing about those stupid bots spamming in are games, selling virtual items that are annoying'. Who agrees with me? Im tired of it...

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

If you're so tired of it, go play some other game or go offline.

Blizzard would just ignore that small petition, and the hacks would still run rampant.

3. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

I'll join in on the virtual picket line!!!

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Bots...

You can make a game with level limitations.

You can also press "N" to clear the messages from the screen. Still annoying, but a little less so. That was a godsend when someone told me ...

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I'd actually prefer that Blizzard remove their crappy "bot protection." The annoyance of clearing the messages in a baal run is no where near as bad as the annoyance of a 30 minute temp ban for switching characters too fast when muling, or joining games too quickly.

But petitioning Blizzard to do anything, especially with D2 is incredibly futile.

6. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Remember it's "free"

I think Blizz's BNet is doing great, considering I only paid $40 for this game and BNet is free.

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Viva la Revolution!

8. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Quickly squelching cuts down on the bots entering games. Just keep your players box open at start of game and squelch all lvl 2 characters. After that figure out if that character is/was a bot and unsquelch if they are "real". It works for me to cut them down a bit. If you miss the bot, many of the most annoying game bots will re-enter in about thirty seconds or so.

9. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

yeah, the most annoying ones are the ones in the chat channels..they say the dumbest garbage, and advertise for xxx-xxx.BE sites (belgium?) so they will probably **** your computer if you DL anything from them sites. And yes, the N thing does work, but it gets annoying..especially if you miss someone saying something

10. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

i'm down for this, they ruin my dueling somethings

11. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

why would it affect dueling? i've only encountered them damn things in the very beginning of a game

12. triqui

triqui IncGamers Member

Im getting quite good in botsquelching :thumbsup: when i see a message of "player Isellstupidthings" or "player cgñaoitañlf" or player "wwwsellstupidthingscom" entering the game, i press p and squelch them quite fast. Only sometimes ONE sentence appear in the screen, and most time i squelch them before they talk. BUT i hate it when I AM the one telporting/running to the throne. ussually you dont have time to squlech while dodging the f.......g bugged souls, and the spamming hurt a lot in those cases.

13. rockboy888

rockboy888 IncGamers Member

I am sick of it too, esp in normal games where lvl 1 bots mainly appear. And the fxxkin "your connection was disconnected" pisses me off too. Oh yea, if you whisper and spam someone, you get kick out once you leave the game. :rant:

14. alsetzer

alsetzer IncGamers Member

Oh I don't know, I think a petition will be REALLY effective. In fact, while where at it, let's Demand a free Vex rune for everyone who has ever had a problem with spam! :lol:

Seriously though, make friends, play passworded games, and for those nasty whisperbots, there is always /dnd mode.

I'm with RTB on this one, Bots are a way of life, sucks, but deal. :howdy:

15. Anidem

Anidem Banned

From what I experienced in trying to reason with blizzard is that if you question them somthing bad will happen to you. be it coincidence or not the last time I fired off a bad e-mail to blizz tech-support I had 2 mules expire on the account i named even though they were only 1 month old.