Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I broke a mirror in D2, 7 years of bad (MF)luck...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Bop, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

I broke a mirror in D2, 7 years of bad (MF)luck...

Seriously,let me tell you a story like none other before, one of frustration and pain.

Ok a week ago I got up to Pindleskin hell with my now lvl88 summon necro so I decide to start MFing like crazy even with only 20-50MF and after about 20 runs or so I find Gheeds and another 30 I find Tals armor. I was such a noob and traded the Tals armor for a shako and io/hel. This was about 4 days ago.

Fast foward to today with my 450+MF necro, and here is where my problem begins. For the past 3 days I've been playing Diablo 2 for 6+ hours a day with an average pindle run of 1:30. This is my problem, after 3 days of straight pindleskin runs, the best item I found was M'avinas belt...(that is around 400-600 pindlskin runs)

Now its not this I am angry about, its just that it takes me around 30 PS runs to find ONE unique or set item, which %90 of the time is PURE crap. Is there something wrong with my game? It seems like lower MF is better or something as with 450 I barely find any set or unique items.

Can someone help me with this issue?

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

mf is pure luck. Im in a bit of a slump myself. maybe do some meph runs, he cant drop as high lvl items as pindle, but hes more consistant. also the pit in act 1 tamoe highlands has been kind to me in the past

3. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

If you get a good drop, kiss the next 3 weeks goodbye. I'd just take a break for a while, at least a week, then when you sign on again, within 20 runs you'll get a good drop. Trust me, it works.

4. London

London IncGamers Member

Heh, I'm the exact opposite, I've had great luck farming Meph in the past 2 days.

1st: Shako
    2nd: Russet Armor
    3rd: Grim Helm
    4th: Mesh Armor
    5th: Hyperion Spear

This was in 5 consecutive runs, I was amazed. The best thing I ever found from Pindy was IK Armor and Scissors Suwayyuh back in .09. Dorf, I look at it this way... You said, "Find 1 good item, kiss the next 3 weeks good bye". That may be true, but look at it this way. Lets say for some reason your going to find Stormsheild on your 100th run. Your at run 1, if you don't do anything for those 3 weeks, your still at run 1, getting no where.

No matter what anyone says, MF is all luck, period. It doesnt matter if you have 5837459832753% MF, its not going to increase the rate at which Uniques drop, well I take that back it will increase the rate, but they won't nessicarly be worth keeping. Keep at it kid, that Stormshield is waiting for you.

5. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

In the past few hours I found Atma's(eh ok) and Windhammer(another ok item) and a Kuko Shakaku(kinda bad but ok). Things are a little bit better as before I wasn't seeing ANY set or unique items after like 40 runs. Guess its because there is a 2.68% chance of one appearing on pindy with 455MF.

Are superuniques the only monsters that can drop stuff like windforce and stormshield?

I'm trying to find some items to trade for an soj or two before I close up my char and make a new one but nobody will trade an soj for what I have(3 7smfcs, bstar, LS,fal/lum/io) Seems much harder to trade for them these days as my last char when the exp came out could trade for sojs easily.

I've had the game for 4 years but never got into MFing, usually how long is it before you find an item worth an soj?(apparently the tals I found wasnt worth an soj in trade)

6. Second_Infinity

Second_Infinity IncGamers Member

I've just started doing Pin runs, he's dropping bout every 20 times or so for me. Set items mostly.

7. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

I've been hearing so many success stories about the pit, its the pit better than pindleskin runs or is it pure luck and crap? Also in pit runs it is only worth it to do lvl 2 runs or do you find the better items clearing out the entire pit?

I want to know as I might do pit runs but I cna do each pindle run in about 1 minute or less.

8. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

I've had great luck doing the entire pit, personally... I have actually found more/better items on Level 1 of the Pit than I have on Level 2... but that's just my experiences

9. toader

toader Banned

Its all pure luck. Just make sure your in an area that can drop what your looking for. If your only looking for shakos and occys...no need to waste time on the pit or pindle. Andy and Meph can drop those items, etc..

Example on luck. I was dinking around in a game where I had helped one of my freind kill the countess. I decided to go mess around in the crypt while we were chatting. Lo and behold, 2nd boss pack I get too a Tals Armor drops. Its all just luck. I ran the burial grounds (crypt and maso) about 20-30 more times that day, hardly anything at all dropped. Luck.

10. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

More MF is always better unless it inhibits your killing speed. It is not uncommon to find crap in 600 pindleskin runs.

Also, the pit level 1 and the pit level 2 are BOTH level 85 areas. All champion monsters and unique monsters/minions on both the Pit level 1 and 2 can drop from the highest TC.

Here's a few more areas that are alvl 85:
    Mausoleum
    Maggot Lair Level 3
    Ancient Tunnels
    Sewers Level 2 (Act 3)
    Forgotten Temple
    Ruined Fane
    Disused Reliquary
    River of Flame
    Chaos Sanctuary

And in act 5, all the way to baal (from Worldstone 1).

11. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

I'm trying to find stuff worth SoJs so I can trade for one as even at lvl ** I have only found 1 unique ring in my entire time playing(manald heal).

It pretty much boils down to the Mausoleum/Pit/Pindleskin as summon necros aren't quick killing machines so I need a place that it really quick.

Would I be able to find stuff worth an soj in the pit easier than pindleskin?

12. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

u might wanna shorten that run time...1:30 on a pindle run is really steep..mine take like 15 seconds

13. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

did you think about possibly mfing somewhere else...? Perhaps your luck is with Mephi

14. Nemertes

Nemertes IncGamers Member

15. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

Meph and Andy runs take about 15 minutes each... remember I'm just a summon necro, I don't kill enemies like crazy, even with my killing gear on.(full trangs + marrowalks and +3 summon ammy with arm of leoric) And the fact that I don't use maphacks and that sort of stuff.

I've decided to just do pindle as I put some thought about it. The best items in the pit come from superuniques, which are spread out thoughout the pit and I have to kill alot of beotches to get to them, as after reading the pit run guide I discovered they actually can't drop ilvl87 items due to their mlvl being to low or something.

So I figure if I get right to the superunique and take him about quickly I'll actually have a higher chance of getting a really good item(like IK armor) compared to the pit.(hoping for a zod one day lol, hes only dropped a lum for me so far though and a bunch of el-thuls)

I've reduced my pindle run time to around 55 seconds, I have to run out to the yard and raise all the dead and then I rush in and if my merc actually follows I can take out pindle fast.

I really need stuff worth an soj though, are there any items in the pit worth an soj as I know more unique and set drops occur due to the amount of enemies. It seems that all my stuff combined isn't worth an soj though(Um, Fal,43 war travs, shako, +1 pally def aura charm,Bstar, 3 smfcs(7,6,4%)) People just look at those items and reply with ROFL and then they say 1 soj is worth enigma and then I start to laugh back at them...

UPDATE: oh crap I'm so pissed off now, I see people trading griffons for Bers and sojs, I traded mine for something crappy but I can't remember... damn first tals then this, I SUCK at trading.

16. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

Hmm I've decided to just screw it and try some pit runs and see if my luck changes or anything. Each run takes about 7-10 minutes to clear the whole pit out, is that good time?

Is there a chance of just regular monsters dropping Bers or Jahs or an SoJ?

Also on a side note is there something really unlucky about me only finding ONE unique ring in my entire D2 carrer(since day ONE in 6 or 7/26/00)? But then again my first char only got to lvl 40 until the exp then my next was only 69 in 2002. I've also never found a unique amulet either, close to lvl 89 in my first 1.10 char and I've been playing for a month.

17. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

If you want some unique jewelery i would suggest doing andy runs. I've found highlords ammy, 2/2 seraph's hymn and a SOJ from hell andy, along with numerous ravenfrosts, manalds, nagels, and dwarfstars. I've also heard that nm andy has the best chance to drop a soj. Be patient, I've only found 2 soj's myself.

18. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

I think I have that one glitch where andy doesnt drop any potions or jewlery. My last run gave me ONE rare axe...

19. Bop

Bop IncGamers Member

Nevermind, Andy does drop jewlery for me but her drops are really sucky for me, really low end set items, sometimes nothing at all, I only got cathans ring from her jewlery wise.

Well on the good side I traded 1 SS for Tals armor with a Ptopaz in it(850 def though). Was that a good trade or what?

20. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Hmm, I might wana wait like 1 month or so before I go mfin again.

2 days ago..Found 1 SS of meph, the very next run drops a Facet, and the 2 runs after that I get another SS.....

Yesterday...Got an Ist rune running baal...

Mabey I should stop?