Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I bought Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vladicus, May 2, 2005.

1. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

I bought Guild Wars!

Well.
    I got this game on a whim, I wasn't planning on getting it for another few months.
    But a guy I know is getting it tommorow, so I thought why the hell not.
    I love the fact that I can be antisocial and still surivive. I am currently level 7, and I haven't partied or traded or even talked to anyone except to make fun of people.
    Anyhow, my point.
    Do any of you guys play?
    I want to get to know at least a few people online, and after [crowbar] I absolutely refuse to interact with the riffraff. Seriously, I am starting fresh. I will not trade or in any way deal with ******s found in the game world. I assume I can get trading done on forums and stuff.
    Goddamnit, another tangent. I am sorry.
    Back to the point, I want to find some people to play with because this game is hard. I am not familiar with the mechanics or anything yet, but as far as I know I am still stalking the newbie zones. The people I have met from the forums round here in [crowbar] have been consitently awesome, and I don't see why that should change for Guild Wars.
    Anyhow, I am not even sure how the contacting works, but I signed up at vladicus11 @ gmail.com (no spaces), and my character's name is Vladicus Odadjian (+1 if you get the reference).

2. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

I havent played the game but i was interested and i like the idea of not having to pay monthly fees. If you are interested there is also a GuildWars forums associated with RGPforums.net. Try there

3. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

I am waiting for reviews before I take the plunge and purchase this game, though it looks enticing.

What is the gameplay like?

4. Vladicus

I found that site just after I refreshed this page, haha.
    I will check it out.
    But I still <3 the OTF peoples, so my question stands.

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I'm going to pick it up *after* finals. This is to prevent me from failing out of school.

6. Vladicus

Well, the only MMORPGish thing I have played before this was that silly free anime thing that I don't remember the name of. It was apparently the game peolpe went to after they were bored with Gunbound. Whatever, I played for 2 weeks, it sucked, yadda yadda.

The gameplay vaguely reminds me of that, if only due to the skill bar at the bottom and large amount of running around the world.

If I were to compare the gameplay of both on a 1-10 scale, the unnamed thing would be a 2 or 3, this business gets an 8 or 9.

7. Vladicus

Nice!
    Don't be a stranger.
    When are finals done?

8. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

I've read some reviews, as well as talked to people that have been playing since beta, and the resounding opinion is that the game is simply fantastic. Might not be too long before I pick it up, but I'm not sure whether I want to throw away my social life just yet. :p

9. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

wuss

10 chars

10. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

It's fantastic. Make sure you have at least 512 RAM though; I had 256 and decided to switch out for a gig.

11. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Yeah, I may get it after graduation. I have too much work to start any new games (after Jade Empire).

12. Necrophilous

Necrophilous IncGamers Member

this game is pretty fun even though i've only played for 50 min. : (

i have 8 days of IB testing and 2 days of AP testing .. then i gotta take a week of finals.

ima be goin through hell ... just bought the game and i cant play cause i have work right afterschool then i have ot study right after i get home and i have to tend ot my girlfreind on weekends... *sigh*... i think i waste dmy $50 no matter how good the game is... :/

13. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well I love this game..plain and simple. Its the reason I've been slipping away from active forum chit-chat. I'm to busy reading and trying to learn more about Guild Wars!
    Got my brother to buy it also..thinking of making a Guild..hmm who knows. I just dont want a online leadership thang I used to be into. I just want matching capes..and our own place to hang out, or meet up. Some of these people got websites and huge member output..whew. I just want matching capes..lol
    But yes, its awesome...and sucking my life away. :cool:

14. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

I have an un-opened, still in shrinkwrap GW for sale.

$45+shipping.

15. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Yo Cyber, you get around to making a guild, let me know. In the meantime, this game is great. I can't get crazy involved in it, but to have fun and play with decent folks is a good idea.

16. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

What a coincidence! So does ebgames and amazon and bestbuy and gamespy!

17. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Will do man. Me and my bro are like you..families are invloved, and a game has to be played only when time lets us. But at least we all understand that. Thats why if I do make a Guild..it will be small with prob not to many people. Casual players if possible. Of course those young guns would be ok..just so they understand I dont plan on making like the top 5 ranking Guilds..just more like a team, group...thing.
    I just gotta learn more about this stuff..I hear it cost mucho to make a Guild..like 2k or so...well see.

18. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

When/if I get the game, I am in if you decide to create a casual guild like that. Sounds like my kind of gaming. I might pick it up later this week if the fancy strikes me.

19. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

And they're all over $45. :rolleyes:

Not to mention no tax and they basically need the key only-- not the box. Figure that one out... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

So far I love it been playing since the first beta weekend and it has been amazing. My computer is over a year old and need some updating so I do not lag so much, especially in town, but once that fixed it will even be better.