Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I ate healthly and. . .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by {KOW}Spazed, Mar 31, 2004.

1. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I ate healthly and. . .

I decided to eat 100% healthy for one month and work out more vigorously, here are the results.

I gained 24lb(I am five seven and started out at 114lb)
    My acne cleared up almost completly
    My endurance went up(gogo wrestling 6 hours on saturday!)
    I can squat 30lb more( I know shame on me for moving up too fast)
    I can also see a bit better too, as in I don't need my glasses to read font 12 and still see the letters perfectly.

I mainly followed the updated food pyramid, but I ate a bit more meat/breads than I should have. I stopped drinking pop, although I had maybe one every two weeks anyway. . . I also gave up store-bought chips, cookies, etc. No candy bars or other junkfood. I have got to say I am liking the whole healthy scene, I feel absolutly great. I am more alert and awake at school and I don't want to sleep in quite as much. I think I am going to stick to the plan as I have been going for a bit longer. Just thought I would share the results of my "good food month" . JFYI I didn't do this for Lent, I'm not Catholic.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Did you gain 24 pounds of fat or muscle?

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Muscle :strong: I wrestle at 135 now do you really think there is that much fat on me?

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I'd bet a little bit of both. Probably some water weight too, if he dropped the pop.

Congrats KOW. We don't want you dying from malnourishment or lack of body mass. I remember when I used to weigh more than I do now. It was after freshman year of college. My parents were getting divorced, I had no job, no car, and no motivation. I sat around and ate a lot. I got up to 176 right before I started my sophomore year at school. I did my BMI and it put me barely into the overweight category (by like 0.2 or something). I've got a pretty skinny frame, and I used to play soccer in the fall and spring and swim in the summer, so I used to be really fit.

I decided to change my diet. I got rid of all pop with calories (I'm a diet soda fiend though :(), I decided that I would make much more health conscious decisions when it came go picking food, instead of whatever I thought would taste the best. It's odd, because now I actually like salad and some veggies and stuff (I used to eat only meat and fatty things). Now I'm 2/3 of the way through my junior year (thank God, almost there!) and I'm down to about 140 and I'm more muscly than I've been in a long time.

Just thought I'd like to share that with everyone, as it's one of the few things I feel I've done well in my life. And to say that slow and steady wins the race. Whether or not you can handle the will power involved if you choose to make a drastic change, just remember, that it's easier (I think) if you go slow. I figure I lost half a pound a week for a year and a half. If you try and rush things, you'll just get frustrated.

I'm rather surprised that you seem to see better. My eyes have done nothing but get worse and worse.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Good job Kow!

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I have a stigmitism(sp?) so I doubt diet helped, I was just stating some health issues that seemed to improve while I did this.

7. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

The "improved vission" probably came from the eating healthier, (Beta Carotene I think (sp?)) some sort of silly vitamin that helps your vission anyways.

I'm trying to motivate myself to start eating right and exercising again.

What kind of things did you do in a bit more detail if you don't mind?

8. GIR

GIR Banned

I keep telling myself I want to get in better shape. Then I go buy a package of Oreos. D'oh.

I'm still a sexy beast though, so it's all good.

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

Yeah thats what hapens to me.
    "Hmm, I think I should start getting into better shape"
    *an hour later*
    "These pringles and soda sure are good combos!"

10. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Sometimes I thought that I should exercise more, but then I went back to the computer. Now I got a job at UPS so I guess that kinda counts since I'm loading trucks for 4 hours a day.

11. Deadbolt'd

Deadbolt'd IncGamers Member

I remember reading somewhere( probably in a magazine), that eating a salad with a dressing is like 560 ~ calories. That's more than a cheeseburger from McDonald's, which is what they compared it to. What DID you eat? I can never find a reason/ motivation to stop eating **** all the time. My cabinet is messy, and it's filled to the brim with BS. :rant:
    Edit- I have nearly no acne besides a little bit at spots that are normally oily. The sides of my mouth and my nose are the main areas, but the dermatologist says that the new medicine I'm now on will bring up pimples under the skin, but clear my face in a short time. It's worked. I used to have acne everywhere.

-DB

12. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

that's because stupid people pour a cup of dressing on that has about 14 grams of fat/ per tablespoon, the solution is to choose light or low fat, and dip your fork in the dressing before you stab some salad, instead of dumping it all over it :)

i hate salad, bleh

13. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

I once drank unhealthy drinks for 10 years. I scoff at your 24 lbs :surprise: :lol:

Dutch

14. MalibuCA

MalibuCA Banned

isnt taht you dancing on the avater?

15. Akira

Akira Member

How would one go about eating 100% healthy?

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Eat natural foods, avoid starches, unnatural sugars, fatty foods, no white breads, white pastas or stuff with excess sweeteners. Pop is one of the worst things out there that you can consume, so ditch that.

17. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Today is tuesday, anyone up for some cheap kfc?

18. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

You gained 24 lb in 1 month?!, u gotta be kidding me, especially if you started eating healthy which would mean less fat, and more than 24 lb muscle gained, which is just abnormal for 1 month. Did you take any "dieatary supplements" or what?, because it just seems like too much from my perspective for only 1 month.

19. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

I've done that too for awile now and ive noticed changes too
    cept its harder to be more awake after you're surfing the forums at 1 in the mornin...

you just feel so much better after eating like that...though i would say to eat more poulty/fish than red meat and dont overdo it on breads...and stay away from the white ones that are bleached of nutrients (as Ankaha said) and stay away from the fake butters as best you can, for they have the saturated fats that are worse than normal ones...

20. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

Congrat on those of you that can do it. I was on a diet since last August and lost 10lbs. Just last 2-3 weeks, I felt the urge to snack on junkies and lifted myself back up 5lbs. :hanky: I really gotta watch those stupid chips. I guess I'll go back to my regular diet when my fridge and freezers are empty. Why is it so easy to gain but so hard to lose?