Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I...Am...So...Pissed...Off...Right...Now

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lithan, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

I...Am...So...Pissed...Off...Right...Now

My rebuilt WW's corpse went bye bye. Gotta love this games dumbass fix to corpse spamming. Word's can't express just how pissed off I am. The only thing of value I lost was a godly +mana +life +res all +AR +abunchofothercrap Ring. Everything else was of moderate value which I can easily replace from my mules but here is what really pisses me off.

I had JUST found a 2% from perfect Jalals. This morning. Not worth much... but damn it I LIKED IT. Let's see what else.

8/13 SOE
    5%Manald
    Atmas scarab
    187%Duriels
    IK guants
    Marrowalks
    310% Bonehew with Ias and ED jewels
    Shaeled Bstar
    Some exceptional shield

By no means a big loss, and most of the stuff I have extras of on mules... but it was all my best % items. Cause this was my pride and joy. A WW that didn't suck like my failed rabies wolf did. Now he will take a decent hit to power as I go through the hassel of muleing lower quality items onto him. Damnit this is something that pisses me off. You'd think with the following D2 has, they could put in some code that says you save the corpse with exactly one item for every slot on a character and NOT the one wearing a 4 socket plain dusk shroud.

Goddamn, I hate inept game designers. And it more and more seems like Blizzard put it's black sheep onto Diablo 2.

2. Smith

Smith Banned

If you're on ladder I have some items you may have, just PM me your account name.

3. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Possibly when you die.... leave game and come back? thus not risking trying to get your corpse and picking up junk on the way?

or, use the command /nopickup which will make it so you cant pick items up without pressing the alt key.

Ive never had a problem with the corpse system personally, and i like that you dont risk popping your single corpse anymore.

4. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

About the free items, dont worry about it. I've got tons of stuff. Unless you have a 200% ED duriel shell. ;)

And I usually do leave game and come back, but at the time I died there was nothing at the steps to Viper level 1. Then the guy I was grouping with led them there and died himself. So when I went back down, I died before I could move.

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I don't get it how Blizzard could have come up with such an inept system.

Why the heck not give priority to unique, set and rare items (giving each a value, instead of straight up money value), then whatever corpse with the greatest value stays.

Noone picks up a full inventory of uniques, sets and rares "accidently" when going for their corpses.

(and no it wouldn't solve *all* problems, but it would solve most)

6. djmilhaus

djmilhaus IncGamers Member

Even better, why not leave your items actually ON YOUR BODY (novel concept), but "redded out" so they can't be used until you've reclaimed all your corpses. Thereby NEVER popping or having your items vanish. The only problem may be in +stat items, but I'm sure Blizz could think of something rediculously stupid so they'd never work again... sometimes I wonder who thinks of this crap.

7. th5418

th5418 Banned

Or even better, leave when you die.

8. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Actually, this very thing happened to me yesterday.

After a meph run where I got an Ali Baba and some other unique I can't remember, I died at a point later on in the game. Now, for some time, I was always getting 2 corpses because my inv. was filled with charms & pots (when I died) and because I didn't have the STR to autoequip my upped HoZ, it would sit on the second body until I cleared space for it in my inv.

For ages, if I died, I would leave, come back and get both corpses.. but I think something to do with the Ali Baba (which I had on switch) and the other item I picked up changed this because when I did the ol' "quit & create new game" tactic.. I only had one body. *gasp*

Welp, after that, decided to just strip my Hammerdin, do a LOT of giveaways, deleted some old chars. and down-sized my char selection by a large margin.

As soon as I stop being a lazy arse, I'm gonna xfer what's left to one single char. and delete the others (the others being my old sorc & hammerdin, prolly).

I didn't have anything worth trading for another HoZ and without a shield, eh.. better to have started fresh.

9. BipolarTemp

BipolarTemp IncGamers Member

This is actually incredibly easy to fix. Just play hardcore! :thumbsup: Then you die and lose, not only all your hard earned gear, but your character as well! No body popping there!

Honestly, I think the corpse system isn't that great either. The idea of having the items red and unusable, but still on your person, was a good one though. Who knows why they write the code this way...?