Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I am looking for a wand.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by nimby, Oct 4, 2006.

1. nimby

nimby IncGamers Member

I am looking for a wand.

I know I am in the Barb forum. It is actually for my barb. I keep a life tap wand from time to time in my cube and throw it into my weapon switch cast, and go. I am wondering if there is a wand that has decrep. on it. not the +skill kind that us useless to me, but decrep charges. I realize you may think I am crazy, but when I solo the best crowd control is decrep IMO. I love runing with a good necro, because Hell is pretty easy with his curses and my strength.
    Also if you think I am completely crazy for not having 2 echoing weapons switch I have this to say: I used to keep them, but I use an IK ww barb (fairly cookie cutter, with find item also used since I use him as an easy Hell MF'er). Now with 2 echoing weapons on switch I get a total bonus based on the switch of +2. Yes that helps, but if could lose those last +2 to warcry's then I could have life tap and decrep to use. All it ends up doing is giving me about 200 more life, 300-400 more def (when you are near 12,000 def that isnt much in hell), and lets these skills last 20 more seconds (again worthless).
    I understand this is not an option to everyone, but it will help me in the few situations that I can die in; too many clusters of enemies with 2 or more uniques, especially if anyone has mana burn.
    So is there such a wand?

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

There isn't.

Decrepify cannot spawn as a charge.

The closest would be using a Gavel of Pain for Amplify damage charges or using a Reaper's Toll on a merc (it has Chance to cast decrepify)

3. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Not entirely true.

Spellsteel (unique bearded axe) has charges of decrepify (and telecharges as well).

4. Imbecile

Imbecile IncGamers Member

Those decrepify charges last for 5.2 seconds which is annoying, whereas Amp from Gavel of Pain last for whole 29 seconds.....

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

5 seconds might look long when you look at the time it takes from you to execute a teleport (0.44 seconds with 20% FCR), but it's actually damn short, as you will spend some time pursuing your target anyways. Kinda like playing defensive vs. a Summonmancer only to whirl and to have your Life Tap exceed mid-whirl.

6. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

a bvc with amp charge is very nasty, in conjuction with fortitude you can easily flatten most classes in 1 connecting whirl.

7. nimby

nimby IncGamers Member

thanks for the help. I may have to look for that Gavel. So let me ask you this. If I have amp dmg on them and they cast Iron Maiden half way through my whirly does that mean that I am killing myself even faster? Right now I will take 60-100% of my own life per hit once Iron Maiden is cast on me. I am just trying to figure out how the curses act toward one another.

8. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Yes, it WILL make you kill yourself quicker, as you will deal more damage, thus more damage will also be returned.

Versus Iron Maiden, Life Tap>anything else.

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

BTW... Reaper's is cheap, has most of the mods a Merc needs (besides resists and a little FHR/IAS), and is pretty much the best Merc weapon for any character that deals primarily physical damage (accept a Summon Necro, of course). Basically, getting a Might Merc (or Holy Freeze Merc if you need some added safety) and giving him Reaper's would make your life a whole lot easier.

10. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Err.. last time i checked, the damage YOU deal is the same for Amp Damage, its the cursed that has its physical resists reduced by 100%, which means they will receive double damage.
    Your damage output (that leaves your weapon) is unaltered

11. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Yes, but as far as I know, IM is based on the damage inflicted, not the damage listed on the character screen.

12. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

IM is based on the damage you DEAL, after all multipliers.

After calculating all the multipliers (possible DR% (minions do not have this), PvP penalty (Again, minions do not have this), Amp or decrepify, and whatever is multiplying your damage that your weapon deals (skill ed, off weapon ed, str), it then proceeds to check if there's a penalty on IM, and in this case, there is.

It then cuts down the IM percentage according to the penalty. After this, it multiplies the damage received by the IM percentage and returns it to the attacker.

It's like a massive attacker damages of X, just that the X is more complicated than a simple number.

If IM would depend purely on the damage you DEAL, everyone would be using AMP on boners and zerking. As that would kill the minions even too-fast.