Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I am amusoyed.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lostprophet, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet Diabloii.Net Member

I am amusoyed.

For the past week or so, a man has come down my street (which is a dead end) riding on a Segway. For the uninitiated, a Segway is a fancy "human transport device," which is basically a platform on two wheels with a handle thing coming up out of it. I realize that was the worst description ever, but I'm tired. The idea of the thing is that you can ride around on it and it balances itself, which is, I guess, why is costs so damn much (several thousand).

At first, I was just kind of amused by this obviously nerdy guy riding his super-expensive toy around dead-end roads. But today, mainly because I'm exhausted and bitter, it kind of annoyed me. Yeah, you're rich. Big ****ing deal. The ONLY reason you would ride your Segway around the neighborhood instead of, you know, taking a walk is to show off and whore attention. Instead of maximizing its potential to save on gas or help people around who actually, y'know, can't walk, you're wasting its juice PARADING THE STUPID THING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T CARE LESS IN A PITIFUL ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOURSELF NOTICED.

Yeah, I know, I'm overreacting. Human nature, live and let live, etc. And normally, that is/would be my reaction, along with some cutting laughter. But today... meh. Bitterness.

I need a :drink:.

2. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead Diabloii.Net Member

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

If he's truly a perfectly healthy person, I agree ... lame.

... and here, have two on me. :drink: :drink:

4. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Well, it worked, apparently.

5. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe, you know, it's simply fun to ride for him. Is someone riding a motorized scooter or going for a fun motorcycle ride whoring for attention?

By the way, you don't need to be rich to buy one. I could buy one if I really wanted and I'm not rich.

6. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Here in KC we have a Segway store, they are so annoying. They zoom around the Plaza(Esp near the Mac Store) and hand out flyers. You also can't stand still on one, you move back and forth about a foot and a half.

The best part about it? There is a semi-steep hill(not too hard to walk up, a few degrees less than a flight of stairs) to the left of the store. Even the "Off-road" Segway can't go up it. Really it's just a normal Segway with a camouflage paint job and slightly bigger tires. As if it would even work out in the woods. . .

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i saw this guy riding one of those things. and yes, i thought he was a showoff as well. o_O

it was in a store and he was like going in circles. meh.

8. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

Awww, DPH beat me to it.

Seriously, though, as Maddox says, why not a third wheel in the front instead of gyroscopes?

Hearing about how poorly the Segway is selling always makes me happy. They deserve it for their stupid "This invention will revolutionize the world" crap.

9. Ev_

Ev_ Diabloii.Net Member

There was a kid at USC who rode a Segway around. I think everyone on campus made fun of him.

10. Lostprophet

Lostprophet Diabloii.Net Member

How dare you inject logic and reason into a situation like this?

And yes, I'd seen the Maddox thing. So funny.

11. piff

piff Diabloii.Net Member

There is a man on my street who owns a comic book shop. A very successful one for that matter. It's a lower-middle class neighborhood with your average Americans living on it, including a handful of kids of various ages. This man drives a Jaguar. And he drives it like he's God. He barely slows at stop signs on our street (it doesn't matter as cops don't actually patrol my street because it's a dead end) and on his way down the road, before he even reaches us, if a game of basketball or hockey is going on, he beeps the horn. I hate people like him.

BTW, I missed that article by Maddox, and that picture is among the mroe funny things I've seen all month.

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

yep, he's getting free advertisement

pix plz

13. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

wait till u see him driving down the street then hurl an open box of carpet tacks

14. Necrolestes

Necrolestes Diabloii.Net Member

Chick magnet...they get run over just as easily as squirrels.

Everytime I see one of those blasted vehicles, I remind myself: will it get them girls? The answer, thankfully, is no. If they want to look goofy and foolish, I say let them.

15. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Piano|------|wire across 2 lamp posts can save you alot of suffering. And get you a few free bicycles depending on how long time you wait before you take it down.

16. Eff

Eff Banned

i'd put a board on a stick, attach three wheels as suggested by maddox, wait for his ass, and ride alongside him. or throw stuff at him, get that prick out of your neighborhood.

17. piff

piff Diabloii.Net Member

By far the best solution to this problem. Ever.