I am a freshman trapped in a junior body

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
I am a freshman trapped in a junior body

It is scheduling time for school. I am stuck taking 12 credit hours next semester because the classes I need are not offered.

I have my second sequence of bio and my first sequence of chem. Chem is a 5 credit hour class. Both bio and chem are only offered at one time slot for the semester. Funny thing, the other classes I need are either not offered or conflict with my science classes, lab and recitation. I can't even take my math class because it conflicts with my bio. I have to take these science classes NOW. They are pre-requisites for my upper division classes. The one bio prof I have won't let me in molecular genetics yet. I pleaded my case and he turned me down since all I have is the first sequence of bio.

I do get to take Healthy Lifestyles..web based. That will bring me to 12 credit hours next semester. There is not another damned class I can take that does not conflict with my science classes.

I knew there was a reason that I hated college.

Just take it one step at a time. You'll get your degree one way or another. You've made it to this point, what's one more hurdle?

That said :banghead:

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Just take it one step at a time. You'll get your degree one way or another. You've made it to this point, what's one more hurdle?

That said :banghead:
NO..I am not going to take 4 years to get my degree when I have all the crap classes done.

In all honesty, I should graduate in 2 years..I only have core classes to take.

The gods are not smiling on me.

Gertlex

Banned
This morning I got an email telling me that I'll apparently be able to register for classes earlier than 99% of people... Thanks to the Services for Student Disabilities.:prop:

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
What about winter semester? Can you take one of your classes then? I doubt that they can compress your chem down, but maybe you can take your math class then.

Most schools offer the basic courses over Winter/Summer. My summer chem class was going to be 6 hours a day, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Ugh.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Dross, I complained about taking that yesterday. I guess the reasoning I gave worked because now I don't have to take it.

I am going to be stuck taking 2 night classes. As my schedule is now, I have no days off at all.

Nessy, we don't have winter classes. We have fall, spring and summer. Winter break is only a month and the uni shuts down pretty much during that time.

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
This morning I got an email telling me that I'll apparently be able to register for classes earlier than 99% of people... Thanks to the Services for Student Disabilities.:prop:
Well, you know what they say. You may have won the special olympics, but you're still special.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
college/university = those with better knowledge retention + studying habits win, not "intelligence"

Bortaz

Banned
If you think college sucks the first time, try going back 10 years after you graduate, for a 2nd degree.