Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I am a fool. Just got stolen

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by whathappen, Mar 8, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

I am a fool. Just got stolen

I was trading my occy and mavinas belt for a war travelers. When I hit the accept button my stuffs came back to my inventory. The other guy said wut happened? I said I dun't know. I put my stuff, he put the bootds we trade, he left and I found that I have magical bpopots no war travs. ARGGGHHHHHH. I can't believe how stupid I was. I assume that what happened is that the first time he show warT then the second time he switch to others and I didn't checked. Gues thta April'sfools day came earlier this year

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Always check the item before you hit the button, that is the oldest trick in the book he pulled, and it still works...

3. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

One of the oldest tricks, but sad anyway. Always check before hitting the accept button. I hope you did not loose all you wealth here.
    Best regards.

4. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

I was giving some monkey free boots this weekend and he tried pulling some crap like this on me. I was going to give him the item for free ... and clearly said so ... but he felt the need to offer me some stupid rare glaive or something. Just as I was hitting the accept button, the boots kicked back into my inventory.
    I threw them back up and aclicked accept ... once done, I noticed he put up a cracked glaive or something like that.
    How stupid is that?

Has to be an assclown when I was offering something for free.

5. con_drag1

con_drag1 IncGamers Member

Yeah, I hate that. One time, before the patch, I was trading this guy my 09 valor for his 09 ss. :p When all of a sudden he did the full scam and put up a set shield Milebregas (don't know how to spell it). I was so mad! Another time, I offered some cheap stuff for a shaft because I didn't have much. He said he would trade me and he says, "You have to be fast." When I put my items up he showed it and clicked accept really fast. Not really thinking he would do it, I looked at the armor before he closed the screen off and it was a magic mesh armor. I was laughing so hard at his scam that he defended with, "It was a shaft. You should have been quicker."

6. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

some guy tried the same switch with stormshield to unique kite shield to me before the patch. when i noticed he'd switched it before i went to click the check button, he was so mad he called me "noob" and told me to do something that isn't humanly possible.

7. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Oh well. At least I a not alone. I had done dozens of trades and this is the first time this happened to me. I guess I was very lucky. The worst part is that I still have not foudn the war travelers.Q!

8. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

True...a very old trick...should stick with the forums here, that wont happen here (atleast I hope). Nevertheless, really sucks for you.

-Backdoor Bandit

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

What realm are you guys playing?

I play europe HCL, and almost all trades i have done this far are done on the ground.
    Also do i dayly get stuff offered for free.

Hearing your stories it sounds like im on the right realm.....

10. xPkxSumox

xPkxSumox IncGamers Member

Yup, oldest trick in the book but hey, whathappened... if u need war travs, i have an extra pair you can have...

11. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I recently traded Angelic set for a Pally Combat GC, and after the trade was over and I had already left, I realized I never looked at the charm at all. I was scared he had scammed me without even trying, but I got the charm.

....I don't know what I was thinking....