HyperSpeed Character

Flipper405

Diabloii.Net Member
HyperSpeed Character

I've been playing with a frenzy barb lately and I find the high run/walk speed incredibly fun. Now I have the idea of making a character solely to run as fast as possible...

What character would allow for the fastest run/walk speed?

Some ideas I have are a frenzy barbarian with maxed increased speed, charge/vigor paladin, burst of speed with assassin...

Also, what would be the best run/walk equipment? I don't really care much about being able to kill anything.

smaug_806

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, let's see. You could either do frenzybarb, or vigorpal, or burstsin. Or you could just cheat and teleport.

ondergetekende

Diabloii.Net Member
40% frw boots, frw ammy (crafted), peasants crown has 15% frw, stealth runeword has 25%, frw charms.
For a char I think frenzy barb would be best. Too bad they cannot use titans. Well you could dualwield fury (+5 frenzy x2). You should figure out what is better: +skills (+frenzy / increased speed) or frw.

EDIT: I just realized a circlet can have 30 frw and +skills

warding

Banned
SCaVeNGeR said:
Hi,

I would use Merman's Sprocket (Unique Whyrmhide Boots) it has 65% faster run/walk

SCaVeNGeR
I actually had a asn in 1.09 with burst of speed that went 200 frw, she could give a tele sorc a good race :)

ondergetekende

Diabloii.Net Member
Considering skills only, all at lvl 20:
frenzy gives 171 frw and increased speed 43 frw.
BoS gives 61 frw
Vigor gives 43 frw

They all have about the same diminishing returns from lvl 16-20.
I think the barb is the winner (as I said before :))

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
ondergetekende said:
Considering skills only, all at lvl 20:
frenzy gives 171 frw and increased speed 43 frw.
BoS gives 61 frw
Vigor gives 43 frw

They all have about the same diminishing returns from lvl 16-20.
I think the barb is the winner (as I said before :))
That is the maximum FRW from Frenzy at level 20. I don't know how the Min and Max works for this skill, but the Min is always 47.

ondergetekende

Diabloii.Net Member
assmuffin said:
That is the maximum FRW from Frenzy at level 20. I don't know how the Min and Max works for this skill, but the Min is always 47.
I dont know how this skill works either, but anyway you must be able to get 171 frw, otherwise it wouldnt have been stated.

As for gear: mavs belt has 20% frw :)

Stealth77

Diabloii.Net Member
mavs belt (20), enigma (45), rare helm (30), boots (40), cats eye (30), 40x 5% frw charms (i saved some in 1.09 :) ), BoS assn (61)= 426 frw. id like to see that....

frenzy barb would get 536. my zon on open bnet has some hacked gear that gives -frw to the point where for some reason, she becomes as fast as possible (i think it works like that bugged eye of etlich worked with the -energy). she is damn fast, although, the running gets a little glitchy at that speed.

Azonian

Diabloii.Net Member
the variation of frw from frenzy comes from each additional hit you get using frenzy. The more hits you get...the more you climb up to the high end of the frw spectrum of the frenzy skill. Thats why i like my sorc better. Just teleport with faster cast :) Does anyone know the hit increments though for frenzy and for how fast you go?