Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hydra/orb sorc viable in pvp?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MastaLocust, Mar 24, 2004.

1. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

hydra/orb sorc viable in pvp?

was thinkin about maxin hydra with synergies and fire mastery and then maxing frozen orb with 1 in cold mastery will this be sufficient or is it better just maxing frozen orb with synergy and cold mastery

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

its your choice. a lot of ppl don't like hydra because of the mechanics of it. if anything it will be a little variation on the standard cold sorcs that are common in pvp.

3. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

I dunno about pvp but..

that WILL rock in pvm... I use a chain hydra sorc :thumbsup: she wasn't so great until lvl 80 I suspect that a orb sorc will start to "rip" at an earlier level...

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

It's pretty cool, make your opponent run from hydra's and teleport behind him casting an orb in the direction he's running. That whipes the floor a lot. Also hydra's are real nice for teleporting opponents.

5. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

with just 1 to coldmastery your opponent wouldn't take much damage since even with +skill item the best u can go to is around 25-27. And its not enought to bring some one with high resis. So Generally pump it up to 10 or max it would be alot better then just leave it at 1.

6. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

One problem with using Hydra and Orb is the timer. Once you cast a Hydra, you cannot cast again for couple of seconds. In PVP, you can be meat in less time. Also in PVP, players have high level of FWR and they can run around the Hydra to get to you. personally, I would not use 2 spells with times as the 2 main attacks.

Ulric

7. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

You can still teleport while the timer wears off so i don't see the problem there :spy:

8. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

orb

My orb is level 30 and does 500-520 damage. I can't really do very well with it though. Seems like the pvp sorcs I see all use blizzard. Oh well. I still love my sorcy!!! ~psy