Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid Zon Still Viable?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Oblivion, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Oblivion

Oblivion IncGamers Member

Hybrid Zon Still Viable?

I've been trying to make a Hybrid zon and wondered if anyone has any exp with these in 1.10?

I was thinking:

10 Magic Arrow
    5 Multishot
    20 Lightning Fury
    20 Valk
    1 in all passive

1 in prereq

I assume the rest will go in dodge skills

For stats I thought the only way to do enough damage would be to get:

Str: enough
    Vit: None
    Energy: None
    Dex: Everything else

would that work?

anyone who has played one, do you have any suggestions?

Oh and for equipment, I've got anything needed for the build (except WF)

Thanks

2. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Lightning Fury is still as effective as it ever was. As low players settings my javazon can clear the non-LIs from the second level of the Pit in seconds. I'd recommend a Razortail to save a bunch of skill points in Pierce.

I'm not so sure about the best complementary skill however. My javazon went the all-lightning route. Charged Strike may be great for Meph runs, but it doesn't help me much when dealing with archers in the pit. (I'm relying on Valk, Might merc and Jab at the moment).

Some options:

- The physical damage route: Multishot or Strafe. Would need a highish damage weapon though, and I wonder if AR would be an issue?

-The poisoner route: Max Plague and Poison Javelin. No need for extra equipment, but does it do enough damage.

- The chiller route: Max Cold Arrow and Freezing Arrow, and freeze those annoying LIs. Pros: Lycanders is easier to find than a Windy. Frozen monsters are harmless monsters. Cons: Again, does it do enough damage?

Input from those who have experimented with these skills would be welcomed.

Chris

3. Oblivion

I dont think i would have enough skills to put another 20 in another lightning jav skill

any suggestions for surviving with base vit?

thanks

4. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

The way I figure it, you max LF, and max or nearly max Valk. 1 point in all the other passives and you probably have enough to max 2 other skills. In my case I chose Charged Strike and Lightning Strike - possibly not the most versatile combo around. :)

Most of my suggestions were based on invested in another attacking skill, plus a synergy.

Chris

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

My hybrid uses Strafe and LF. She makes it quite well on /players 4 hell. Given she's only in Act 2 it'll probably get harder, but that's ok.

I'm going;

20 LF
    20 Strafe
    20 Valk
    20 Penetrate
    1 in all Pre Req
    Rest into Critical Strike/Pierce

6. Oblivion

Is 20 in penetrate that nescissary?

I thought with almost all points in Dex I would have very good AR?

7. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I thought I would bump my build up to add a little variation to the hybrid amazon. :)

8. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Interesting reading Tekka. I wouldn't have thought you'd have enough skill points to invest that heavily in 5 different skills. In gloam-free areas I think you might get more value out of Razortail than a T-Gods. Your pierce would be pretty low with only 1 point +skills, and Pierce helps both Lightning Fury and Freezing Arrow a lot.

Chris

9. TekkaZeroX

You are right that razortail is very good. The pierce then becomes much better. This fact alone makes it probably better than thundergod's vigor. However, I have a soft spot for Thundergod's Vigor and all of its mods. I do not think you can go wrong with either unless you happen to go into the World Stone Keep a lot like I do. :)

On a side note, I want to touch on piercing and how much is need for the frost/fury maiden. It is true that more piercing is always good for any amazon build, but the frost/fury maiden is not hampered with lower amounts of it. I find lvl. 10 pierce to be just fine with a 71% chance to pass through a target. If I were to invest all my points into it, pierce would only be around 90% chance to activate. That gain is just not that noticeable. It is important to have a higher pierce rate with strafe, but not that much with freezing arrow.

The Frost/Fury Maiden does really well. I have not noticed her struggle at all. The key is to have +skill levels. It is tough otherwise to have a very strong build utilizing five different skills. The + skill levels makes her a force to be reckoned.

10. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

You certainly don't have to sell me on the benefits of T-Gods - almost all my melee characters wear it in 1.09. I've found Level 1 Pierce + skills from equipment + Razortail to be enough Pierce for effective LF. I miss the Freezing Arrow when doing Pit runs though.

Chris

11. TekkaZeroX

That would be very accurate. :)

That skill is helpful and allows my Frost/Fury Maiden to do pit runs very fast (and even Baal runs on /players 1). However, she really cannot tank at players 8 setting very well (with all her mf equipment). I am sure other people will find really good results with a Frost/Fury Maiden. :)