Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid wind/summoner build?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by underpantgnome, Jul 9, 2008.

1. underpantgnome

underpantgnome IncGamers Member

Hybrid wind/summoner build?

Hi everyone

I just joined this site because I have a question that I simply cannot decide on. So I figured I'd ask the more knowledgeable folk 'round these parts :thumbup: .

I'm making a traditional wind build with max cyclone armor, twister, tornado and hurricane. But I've been thinking of taking twister to only 1, and maxing Dire Wolves and HoW to make him more of a hybrid summoner ele. Is this build viable? I haven't really locked down much equipment. Heart of the Oak, plus that battle orders runeword for my switch weapon. I'll probably stick with equipment used on Frater's wind build, actually.

PS If I go this hybrid route, I'm also thinking of putting bramble and a doom polearm on a defiance merc to pump up the summons even more. Is this a retarded idea?

2. Grimey

Grimey Banned

Re: Hybrid wind/summoner build?

There are already topics like this. Use search.

3. underpantgnome

underpantgnome IncGamers Member

I've honestly scoured the internet and gone back 30 pages on this forum alone and I really have yet to see a definitive answer on the subject. My searches turn up a small amount of speculation, but that is it. I'll keep looking though.

4. Elyxthaxzus

Elyxthaxzus IncGamers Member

Hay pants,

straight up, it is tough to try to pull from one tree to vamp another with teh druid at least, largely due to the huge synergies in each tree that really add to their ability to survive at later stages of the game. doing a hybrid could be a blast, but also expect some frustration with survivability and killing speed in Hell.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to play a certain gnome in Nacho ninja's would you?
    :whistling: