Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid Summon Poison Necro PVP... check this idea and comment :P d

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Snarlin Stef, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

Hybrid Summon Poison Necro PVP... check this idea and comment :p

ok... the idea is to create a poison necro with a small army of skeles AND MAGES that can act as meat shield or deliver the "final death blow" (mages only need to do one dmg to enemy and they can do that pretty well dont you think ? ;) )

max the 3 poison skills - 60 points
    put 10 points or so in lower resist (i see this area as a great point saver... you just get huge diminishing returns after level 18 so i figure you you put 10 points in here and your gear bumps it to 19-20) - 10 pts

1 point fire goelm

now you can put one point into each skele skill and then dump the remaining points into skel mastery... then fill your inventory with summoning skillers. (again you already do lots of poison dmg with the synergies and the + skills gear)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!!! gear.!!!!
    deaths web
    enigma/bramble on necro (preferably enigma)
    bramble on merc
    (note on bramble that the poison helps your dmg and the aura helps your skeles... seems like a nice fit here)
    squeeze in the poison facets where you can.
    the rest of the gear you can figure out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!!!!! the mental picture in game !!!!!!!

1) you show up tele around with your army of skele mages (yes skele mages that usually suck.. but serve a very key purpose for this build)

2) you lower resist and and poison nova and tele some more

3) either fire golem aura or skel mage will get the "final death blow" and you win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    overall i like this idea because its unique and because you are using skele mages (a skill that is usually useless... VERY effectively)

can this work?
    im sorry but i see maxing lower resist as a waste and that is an opportunity to really play with some skill points.

the real problem is sacrificing the +10 pb charms for summoning charms... is poison nova still effective with no pb charms?

so what do yall think?

thnx
    stef

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't like the idea of dueling with summons and a merc, seems a bit off, most people aren't nuts about it, plus you have to go assemble an army someplace each time you die

also, if you have enough mana, and someone is on their last leg from massive poisoning then bomb them to death with fire golem spammage, I always wanted to do a fun poison bomber

3. Snarlin Stef

but the idea of teleing around blindly spamming without aiming guided spell that cannot be resisted and has a 30+ point bugged synergy doesnt piss people off either? i dont get your point ;)

thnx
    stef

4. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

point well taken :D

5. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Someone like that will get destroyed by anyone with half a brain and enigma.

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

why would you need mages or skellies??? A high level fire golem should have enough holy fire damage/radius to take the final hit point away easily. And if they for some odd reason are wearing a rising sun against you another nova will take them out.

IMO the build is lacking any defence. No bone armor/resists will get you killed before you can even cast your first nova... I see where you want a unique build and the thought is commendable but using corpse-dependant summons in pvp is a flaw in my book.

7. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Ur short on points.

I think you forgot something called pre-requisite skills. that means in order to place any points into "X" skill, you must first dump 1 into some not-so-useful skill.

So for instance.

Your simple 10 into Lower Resist doesn't take into account the 6 pre-req skills. So while yes 10, it's really 16.

Your simple Poison tree = 60, is really now 62.

So to just get your poison, and your curse, you have to be level 66 (taking into account all quest skill points).

Leaving you with (80 is a good estimate on clvl) 18 points.

minus 1ea Warrior / Mage / Golem / Gol. Mast. / Summon Res

at clvl 80, you'll end up with mastery @ slvl 9.
    Mages: 195 life / 100 defense (@ slvl 1 / mastery slvl 9)
    Warrior: 114 life / 19-20 dmg / 155 atk / 155 def

Now you don't have any bone armor...

god i sound like an azz. but no it wouldn't work. Your mages would get wasted by damn near anything. Your fcr would suck, unless you use darkforce, which then your blocking sucks. FHR is always an issue, and with a lot of time spent waiting for poison to kick in, you'll be getting smacked around (see either crappy tele'ing, or no blocking)

And you can talk crap on the pubby boner necro's, but those guys:
    1. would get eaten alive by a half-way decent dueler that knows what he/she is doing
    2. abuse a tried and true system.

Though your idea may be unique, it doesn't make it a winner.

Take care, and better luck in your next venture.

g

8. Snarlin Stef

yah.... sounds about right... just out of curiousity...

how powerfull does a skele mage have to be to survive in a pvp arena?

thnx
    stef

9. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

mages have low life / low defense, so they'd have to be obscenely high slvl. A summoner in pvp is only useful when tele'ing around with his ENTIRE pack of skel's following him. And still, good BA / 75% block / res are all a must.

g

10. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

I took my 80th lvl p/s hybrid for a duel test run. now i have max resist killing a sorc, barb , melee pally or even a hammerdin and zon was so easy after awhile it wasnt even fun any more until i ran into 2 chars:

1st one was a bone spear / spirit necromancer it was a 50/50 chance to kill him

2nd was FoH pally i was dead meat no matter what the only reason the above necro beat one of the foh pallys was because he switch to gear that had over 200 lighting resist. But when he faced the lvl 94 FoH pally he was dead meat even with all of those resist.

i dont know about a trapassin because none came in. But the best was going 3 barbs versus me... dumb barbs just had to keep trying to killing me but couldnt. my set wasnt really that great: just full trangs maxed posion skills no army and i used a black bog sharp to boost my skills and lr.