Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hybrid strats

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by reincarnationxt, Jun 11, 2008.

1. reincarnationxt

reincarnationxt IncGamers Member

hybrid strats

i read the strats but i still have trouble killing faith bow zons java zons and really strong fire sorcs. any suggestions?

2. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Re: hybrid strats

Bowazons are fun... I have had a lot of practice messing with a very good bowie one of my friends uses. Tricks, be highly aggressive, and try to never lose that namelock once you get it. Spam traps, MB and even recast Shadow Master from that namelock. They will wsg out. I mix up kicks in my play against them (since I can keep the namelock more effectively), but good short whirls are more effective. The most dangerous part of the duel is when you are closing with the Bowie, get a shadow up and drop a trap on the zon at the first opportunity, that usually causes them to run, and when they are running they are not shooting. Lock from there and keep the pressure up. I know bowazons are supposedly a walk over for Hybrids and Ghosts, but I only go 1:1 with the better ones (The wsg, constant desyncing, 85LR, tgods wearing ones...)

Really strong fire sorcs? The only problems I have with them is if I get cocky and jump on them before I drop a Mind Blast and/or traps. Ones that stay off screen and spam are annoying, but you really shouldn't be at a high risk of being hit, the fireballs are highly visible and fairly easy to dodge. Constantly have a few scattered traps up and try to get a mind blast on the sorc. Against some sorcs, once I see they have MB swirlies, I tele-talon them, which can lock them up fairly well, but you risk teleing into spammed fireballs and getting locked up yourself. Whirl past them, hopefully get one trap down, try not to die is the best option in that case.

Trap lock is still wonderful.

Laz

3. Burn-X

Burn-X IncGamers Member

If you are using C/S, then you might want try using Sanctuary runeword. Cast Slow Missile when hostile player is within range. Might be considered bad manners, so you'll have to check if its allowed in the first place...

Maybe not that great in duels, but it was funny when I messed around with duels with my Sin years ago on ladder.

4. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

With bowas they can be easy if they don't wsg, they can stay in dodge lock for awhile with the traps. If they do wsg out, try spreading out your traps so that they will get hit from all over awhile you and your shadow are spamming mb. Once they have the swirly I usually make a short whirl and if they are still within range try for a dragon claw and then tele away to start applying pressure with traps/mb again.

5. reincarnationxt

thanks for all the tips.

is dragonflight very useful against bow zons and sorcs?

6. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Tele>dflight

7. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

Both matchups would be easier for a pure wwsin but hybrid should do the job anyways.

Does your ww do sufficient damage or do you need to rely on traps? Zons can be tricky to get with traps if they are good and wsg, if you need to trap them try trapping ahead after namelock stomping them and try to get them into an evade/dodge lock with whirl. If your whirl has decent damage it can be used as the primary source of damage to kill bowzons, just stack shadow master while teleporting in on them, catch a namelock and stomp, whirl whirl dead zon. If they escape re-establish namelock and try to trap/stomp again.

Fire sorcs shouldn't be a problem at all.. vita sorcs die pretty fast to whirl, block/es sorcs get their mana depleted very quickly to elemental damage, that being your traps. Try getting a fire immune shadow master, may take a few casts, be cautious when you first cast master until you know if it's immune or not, once you get an immune one it can be used as a very effective shield against fireball.

I recommend playing very aggressive in both matchups, as its the best way to get your opponent locked down and trapped, both fb sorcs and bowzons outrange you so dont play the distance/defense game against them. Tight whirls are strong against both opponents.

8. reincarnationxt

thank you! it really helped alot

9. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

I have some recorded duels with hybrid against bowzon .. might help. I claim that you basically cannot lose to any zon if your build/items are good and if you practise a bit.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQ0iIiw_aQ

against sorcs, the most important thing is to chase properly. many people forget that you can actually do a lot of mistakes while chasing and keep practising triwhirls/namelocks but die by randomly spammed missiles.
    When you chase a caster, do not follow him in a straight line. Choose parallel ways and cut corners to stay on their heels. By doing so, your opponent's spamming attacks (like fireballs, bone spears, lightning etc) will most likely fail you. If you die against casters, it is often because you teleported carelessly. Choose ways of which you think he won't expect.
    Pretty much any caster has faster cast rate frames than you have, so you have to cut corners and teleport intelligently in order to stay close.

very defensive sorcs can be hard to catch, but actually they cannot hurt you at all since it's so easy to avoid FBs if they just go pure def.
    you will still win in the end, be patient and keep chasing carefully and suddenly shredder them down in one triwhirl :pancake:

ps. you might want to try a 102fc cc setup against def casters, but make sure you still hti 75% FR.