Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid Runewords?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by reddude, Jul 5, 2010.

1. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

Hybrid Runewords?

Has anyone here heard of these yet? Some people in a pvp game I was in were talking about how they were going to ruin everything, and directed me to a certain site charging 500$ for this axe: http://i45.tinypic.com/2e1zjhi.jpg . It is on useast nonladder, but apparantly some are also on ladder? No one was very sure on this and I didn't stay long. However, I hope these are somehow fake.. reminds me of those "ith" words and definatly cannot be good for the game.

Don't die diablo, I just started loving you again this ladder D:

2. Deepstrike

Deepstrike Banned

Re: Hybrid Runewords?

....**** just got real...

If that exists... wow lol

3. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

4. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

... If that is real goodbye public low dueling.. I'd like to know some more about these, to be able to tell real shots from fake. Like how it picks what mods of each runeword/rune to carry over to the "hybrid". I hope to god no one leaks how to do this :(

5. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones IncGamers Member

It looks like atleast on that Grief Doom BA, the "base" is a Grief. And then the individual bonuses from Hel + Ohm + Um + Lo + Cham are added on top of that. Here's a comment from some site (I doubt I can link it here :p):

"Anonymous said...

ive done some research...it appears to me the owner over these multiple sites has paid big $ to programmers to create a program/hack that transfers items from open battle net to closed battle net.
    July 4, 2010 6:22 PM "

6. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

That would have to be quite the program to be unnoticed by blizzard, wouldn't it? Though I guess people were going crazy about all of those "imported" circlets as well. I always thought it was bs, and there magic finding resources were huge enough to stock up on those.. They must be at least semi-legit, I can't see an item site charging 500$ for an item that's gonna poof.

7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

It's like 1.09 Iths and Quarks all over again.

8. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Hilarious... :D

9. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Same with that PeaceNigma, it seems you get all the mods from the first RW, and then the name, reqs, and individual rune mods from the second RW.

Also, from those two it seems that you might only be able to hybridize two RWs that have the same number of runes (Doom+Grief, Enigma+Peace). So I guess if its true, it wont be long till we see our first eth LW-BotD zerk...

10. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

How about honor + any 5 rune elite runeword.. XD

11. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

bleagh.

i hope this is BS.

12. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Actually I dont think this would be that big of a deal, even if it was true, which it almost certainly isnt. Really, all you're getting to do is put one, maybe two more decent mods on an existing runeword. Your choices would be limited by what runes are in runewords that are compatible with the item you're trying to "hybridize". There's usually only one or two runes in a RW that provide decent mods on their own...I really think for weapons, only Amn Shael Um Ohm Lo and Ber are of any real utility on their own.

I think the biggest impact of this would be in LLD, since it would let you drastically lower the level of high level RWs, as one of the above posters intimated...Grief+Honor would yield a Grief CS with a req level of 27! You could get an Auradin with dual Dragon, HoJ, and dual Dreams before you're L30...yikes

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  13. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

Exactly. Imagine a barb, with a grief "honor" and a bneast "honor", along with the enigma "peace". Combine that with some smart rings ammyd and other gear, and your barb is going to be king

ANd as for it being true or night, I can't believe an item site would make this up. There reputations are questionable as it is, then wouldnt risk a blow like this.

14. gurnison

gurnison IncGamers Member

these are all real, i know people who sell these, and these aren't real iths. they just sold sell the runes in the runeword and make another one, you need proper sockets, notice how you don't get the runeword for the second one only the rune bonuses.

diablo 2 is dead, theres already a semi public rollback dupe method out already.

practically all realms are all full of bots running games and bnet trading is nearly none existent.

15. reddude

reddude IncGamers Member

There's always sites like this for trading though, bnet is a pain. And about the roll back, sure it's public but it's not "that" easy to do. i know what it is, and it does require at least a little smarts.. which most of bnet doesn't have. (I would never even try to do it). And like they did at the beginning of ladder, this method will be patched. Servers are already alot more stable. i haven't had a problem all day.

Also, we only compared them to iths, never said they were :) But, are your friends selling on ladder? That is what I am curious about. Whether or not they have made it onto there.

16. gurnison

gurnison IncGamers Member

its sell for 500$,on east non ladder, but i assume it will be on ladder sooner or later.

as for trades, you rare ever get a trade going on the trade forums.

modern d2 hack methods are so dumb proof any idiot can do it.

even if its patch, there is still always the elusive dupe that have been existed for who knows how long.

17. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

not really useful, still miss the days of meph rolldowns

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Eh what? Grief or Enigma aren't useful in L30 dueling? It's not just about adding mods from runes, but also lowering level reqs by adding a low-level runeword.

19. JsTc

JsTc IncGamers Member

just googled a bit, they are on ladder already. The same three websites selling it also had runes El - Zod for sell with 40+ quantity of each, within 5 hours after ladder reset. A few days later, 390/70 LW, 400/400/21/15 Pheonix ST, 15/30/150/2 CoA, 40/400/25/15 Grief...etc. all there with 40+ quantity. There must be someone from the inside generating the items for them right? I've always find it hard to believe that botting + duping can provide the huge product range they have...and this new Grief of Doom BA they're now selling kind of confirms the doubts at last.

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

One of the two numbers is wrong. And yes, a weapon like that would be incredibly valuable.