Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid Cold/Fire skillpoints?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by sbn, Nov 13, 2006.

1. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Hybrid Cold/Fire skillpoints?

I just made a hybrid cold/fire sorc who is not at lvl 56. I have not put any skill points as of yet. Back when I last played in 1.09 this wasnt as big of a deal since there were no synergies. Basically in order to do runs on my own in Hell I need to have at least 2 different methods of dealing with immunes.

Now here is where I am somewhat lost. Which should I max out? Would 20 to Frozen orb and 20 to Firball with the rest skill points spread evenly to synergise be enough?

Couldnt something like Death Fathom make up for the lost skill points I would have added to synergise orb and fireball?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Start here, then come back with questions.

:tongue:

3. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Well how about this, I think this might work good. At level 65, I can max out Frozen orb and Ice Bolt. Then max out Firewall.

Level 11 Firewall does 1125-1171, where Fireball does 220-226. So I could on some use FO to slow them down while I cast Firewall. I read though the guide and while helpfull I disagree that meteor is of any use. It just takes too long for it to begin (like does it really need that long to fall from the freaking sky?)

So, since Firewall doesnt use synergy, would a lvl 31 Firewall be enough for hell?

4. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Fire Wall (One of my favorite spells.) is viable in Hell. Just make sure you put points into it's mastery and with +skills it will do a lot of damage. Just remember if you cast it above or below the sorceress it will spawn east-west. If you cast it to the left or right of the sorceress it will spawn north-south.

I've never made a Meteorb before but from what I've read, it seems that people actually use fireball more than meteor. With 105% fcr, you can spam fireballs at enemies very quickly. If you synergize it properly, it will do major damage to monsters that aren't fire immune. Meteor seems more like a synergy for the build which you can cast once in a while. Also, no need to max out icebolt really. Just get CM to level 17 with +skills.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The way most people build and play a Meteorb Sorc makes it somewhat of a misnomer. Fire Ball tends to be the primary spell used, with Orb used as a second elemental damage and Meteor for special situations (bosses, slow-moving tightly-packed monsters, clipping around corners and through doorways, etc.).

Also, that Ice Bolt synergy is pretty much a waste of 20 skill points. If you want cold to be your primary spell you're generally better off going with Blizzard since you actually see a bit of a return on synergy investment.