Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hybrid build

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Hardcore_Virus, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Hardcore_Virus

Hardcore_Virus IncGamers Member

Hybrid build

Hi ! i m new to 1.10 and i used to play with amazons in 1.09 but a lot has changed (guided arrow sux ?) So i would like to make a Hybrid for PvP
    What are best skills / equip for my build?

2. MarkRenton

MarkRenton IncGamers Member

i dont what to tell ya mate. hybrid dont works well in this patch
    aim for 460+ dex, enought strg for item.
    Aim for dmg with decent health.

3. jren

jren IncGamers Member

uhh, what do u mean hybrids aren't good????????? :rant: :lol:

anyways, use the search function and search for 'hybridzon' this topic has been asked many times already so u will get alot of info from the existing threads.

As for a quick guide:
    do not get 400+ dex unless you are a pure bowazon (even then i wouldn't get that much).

if you are a hybridzon, there are 2 popular stat point allocations: 1) get enough dex for max block, the rest in vitality and minimal str for equipment 2) vitazon (yup, guess where a majority of points go into?? :lol: )

4. MarkRenton

MarkRenton IncGamers Member

for pvm ...it works. Like I said, bowazon got nerfted, so to aim for high dmg and 7 fps, you definately need more dex.

5. Hardcore_Virus

Hardcore_Virus IncGamers Member

But a hybrid wont work for PvP anymore ? so whats a good build for ama PvP than?
    thanks for the help guys

6. MhUser

MhUser IncGamers Member

if u want a hybrid go
    eth titans and shael wf on swith
    lots of +skill sequipement like maras, shako etc, soj, 2+ rare gloves etc.
    skills:
    19 jab
    20 poison and plague javelin
    20 cold and frezing arrow
    1 in pasives except valk

u get 3 fully synergized sources of atack (jab - physical, plague - poison, freezing - cold) and a all around char that can solo hell and kill all imunes

no other char in the game (except venegance pala) can achieve this :D
    think of a 3 elemental sorc she would suck bad :evil:

7. mgill1772

mgill1772 IncGamers Member

my hybird

i just posted my thoughts on hybrid in the wf and ias thread, check it out, best char ive ever made

8. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

That is one heck of a build. I was looking at something similar, but I was worried about my Passives being too low. Not enough pierce? Not enough D/A/E not enough Valk.

Do you think WF is the best bow for this build? If so why? What about the ballista for the extra freeze time and 100% Pierce.

I think you also would have the option of doing LF? Obviously not on the same build. But without either Poison or Jab.

9. mgill1772

mgill1772 IncGamers Member

imo charge strike (cs) and lf are much more powerful and i think too many points are used for the bow skills and if u wanna be pvp zon u must use high ias guided or cs w/ tstroke and griffon eye to stand a chance, that build might work well with monster but i think yer passive are neglected.

10. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

Set-Up 1

Weapon: BotD Crusader (just as good average as a Hydra, lower max, but less reqs.
    Switch: Eth. Titan's and Shield (Blackoak is good for Life/Dex bonus, block won't be an issue)
    Headgear: Jeweler's Helm of the Mammoth (3 x ED/IAS jewel)
    Body: Engima Breast Plate
    Amulet: Cat's Eye
    Gloves: Sigon's Gloves (for partial set bonus of 30% IAS)
    Belt: Verdungo's
    Boots: Sigon's Boots (look above)
    Rings: Raven + another one of your choice

Gives us the ever so popular teleport, somewhat slow but still. 155% IAS let's us meet the 8-frame breakpoint. And if we don't want to tele it gives us loads of FR/W from gear. Saves up tons of charms (IE more life). This variant can also use Death's Gloves and Sash for the 30% IAS and CBF mod. Opens up for a cooler pair of boots, and one more ring slot (+skills perhaps?)

Set-Up 2

Weapon: BotD Crusader
    Switch: Eth. Titan's and Shield (Blackoak is good for Life/Dex bonus, block won't be an issue)
    Headgear: Harlequin Crest (ED/IAS)
    Body: Jeweler's of the whale (preferably light, 4 x ED/IAS)
    Amulet: Cat's Eye
    Gloves: Dracul's
    Belt: Verdungo's / String
    Boots: War Trav's
    Rings: Raven + another one of your choice

Also 155% IAS. 8-frames. Slightly higher ED. Same amount of +skills. This however adds more life and mana. Since leech been cut down, that also means that we can fire more Guideds.

My idea of skills would be following:
    Dodge 1 (yep, you read it right).
    Evade 20 (for avoiding pesky bone spirits/spears and other guided arrows)
    Avoid ~12 (roughly 50% chance)
    Critical 20 (with some +skills you can get about 67-69% quite easily)
    Guided Arrow 20
    Multishot 10+ (aim for full spread, every other skill point just increases density. Max spread is like 16 or something)
    Jab 1
    Lightning Bolt 1
    Valkyrie 1+
    Slow Missile 1+
    Penetrate Pump it if you like (Helps multi shot)

Stats should be:
    Enough Strength to carry all items
    Vitality to 100-150 (your base life with gear should be able to get to at least 1,5K life)
    Dexterity Rest (300+ for damage and max block with any shield)

This is basicly some off shoots of the 1.09 hybrids. Can't tell if they would work because I haven't pulled anyone off. I just hate playing Zons...

Ooh and regarding Dodge. The thing is that Dodge only affects melee and area based attacks. While it's reason enough to push it to 50% or so you will soon learn that a Zon is basicly a Caster but with Physical Gear. With enough FR/W and some practice you'll probably be able to avoid most melee attacks. It's also a huge drawback when a druid comes up to you and fires off a fury and you start doing "the dance" and can't get loose. Another reason not to max it :p. Better off taking a hit and just don't get caught again.

A beginner should probably take it to 50% but later on I have hands down experience and words from zon players that it ain't worth more than one point.

Avoid and Evade is necessary though, since you can't do anything against a homing missile like Guideds in a ama vs. ama duell unless you keep your shield up at all times. And it proves a better defense vs. bone spirits and alikes than a shield...