Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hurricane Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by tankunit, May 29, 2008.

1. tankunit

tankunit IncGamers Member

Hurricane Druid

Im trying to make a hurricane druid and ive found a few guides and tried to put them together but im not completely sure of everything so im posting here to get some help on my equips

Skill Points
    20 Tornado
    20 Hurricane
    20 Cyclone Armor
    20 Twister
    Rest in to Oak Sage??

Equipment
    Weapon - Hoto vs Spirit
    Hoto gives +3 All Skill, 40FCR, 30-40 All Res, and some Mana while the Spirit sword gives +2 All Skills, 25-35FCR, 55%FHR, Vit and Mana.

Sheild - Umed SS vs Sanc vs Spirit
    The Umed SS would give me small res to all, but good to light and cold, 35%DR, and Max Block. Whats more is since is plan on wearing a DS Enigma, STR req isnt a factor. The Sanctuary would give me more evened out Res, Max Block, 20FHR, and +20Dex for Max Block. Spirit shield is mainly for 25-35%FCR, +skills, and the 55%FHR, but the Vit, Mana, and Res are nice additions. The only reason this doesnt auto-win is because I wont be able to get max block with it ( i dont think ).

Armor - Enigma
    +skills, 45%FR/W, DR, STR, and of course, Tele

Helm - Umed Jalals?
    There is a question mark here because I read in one guide that this is on the lower end of helms and there are better ones with +skills and fcr < http://realmgaming.net/index.php?act=content&CODE=post&id=186938&nav=19 > but i like the FHR, +skill, and Res. Or should i go for the Ravenlore?

Belt - Arach
    +skill and FCR unless someone has a better suggestion I welcome it.

Gloves - Frostburns vs Magefist
    This is just mana vs FCR depeding on which i need.

Rings - Soj/Rf
    Taking suggestions here; this is for +skill,mana,dex for max block, and CBF

Boots - Silkweaves vs WW vs Treks
    This is up for debate, i like WW for the FR/W and the Dex, but thats only if im going for Max Block with either SS or Sanc for shield. I like Treks for the FHR, Psn res, FR/W and Vit. The Silkweaves are mainly for the Mana if need but the FR/W is always nice.

Overall, when considering the possible best combinations my build should overall be the about the same strength. My goals are set by breakpoints rather than damage/res which is another reason for my discrepancies. Im looking for 6 Frames Per Hit Recovery ( 86% ) and 10 Frames per Cast ( 99% ). If another level of break points can be reached that would be nice but not completely necessary. I know theres a combination above that will work < both?? < 2 i think > will require the spirit runeword > but im just trying to figure out which will give me more dmg.

Actually, i was wrong; theres only one combination ( speaking on weapon and sheild using arach, and magefist. Also note that FCR was harder to achieve for me ) using the above equipment to achieve both my goals ( unless i miss-calculated somewhere ):

Weapon - Hoto
    Sheild - Spirit shield
    Armor - Enigma
    Helm - Umed Jalals
    Belt - Arachnids Mesh
    Gloves - Magefist
    Amulet - Maras
    Rings - Soj/Rf
    Boots - Treks

Going with the above will give me 105FCR and 105FHR. Should i go with this build or should i sacrifice for Max Block or DR? Should i attempt to invest in FHR scs to allow different equips? Any and all constructive input is appreciated.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Re: Hurricane Druid

ALL of these questions have been answered previously. Search please :).

Oh, and PvM or PvP?

3. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

For pvm, that setup will work, you might even switch out the rf for a bk/soj/rare with str ring because you wont need the dex for max block, the ar, nor the cbf since your a caster/

For pvp, you will need more gear, to switch in and out of depending on the situation.

Take a look through the druid forums and you can figure everything you need to know out easily, if there is still something that you would like explained more then ask away.

4. tankunit

tankunit IncGamers Member

This character is strictly pvm, and not for mfing, just for fun/rushing because i like druids. Also, i have used much GoogleMagic along with a few guides on this site as well however i have found some conflicting results which is another reason im making this thread. For example, most guides/questions ive read here suggest jalals where as in the site i posted, the guy suggest a helm with skills and fcr. So in essence each situation is circumstantial; i would just like added verification of my findings. Im pretty sure that those are all my questions and that that equipment setup will be my final, but again id like to be sure before i go and waste my time getting stuff that wont even work the way i want it to.

5. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

If he's strictly pvm, that gear setup will work, actually just about anything that does get you 99 fcr and 99 fhr with swinging weapons like a flail will work. You can easily get away without block going mostly all vit in pvm as you will have minionstack even if it is just a merc and grizzly. The reason there are so many different gear suggestions is there are many different setups that'll get you to the aforementioned breakpoints.

p.s. try using tornadoes on occasion, they'll drop monsters a lot faster than hurricane alone.

6. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Yeah, hurricane lasts 50 seconds, so you might as well do something in between.

7. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

hurricane druids died with the release of the 1.10 patch.

what you have is a windy druid.

8. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's always a hoot to see wind druids running around with a Nightwing's on for the cold damage boost...