Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hunting Pgems, Ber, Jah and Vex.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Muay Thai Warrior, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Muay Thai Warrior

Muay Thai Warrior Diabloii.Net Member

Hunting Pgems, Ber, Jah and Vex.

I'm building a pure lightning sorc to kill hell cows in the maximun /players that she can kill.
    The runes are for make enigma and hoto. Pgems are for rerolling charms.

So, killing hell cows is worth it?
    Only worth it in /players 8?
    Someone here have a pure lightning sorc who can kill hell cows in /players 8?

2. Sleepless

Sleepless Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm, I have a pure light sorc with HotO, griffon's, lidless, arachnids, mara's with 1-28k lightning dmg and she stills kill slower than my lf zon. If you to run cows, go LF zon or Bliz sorc.

3. jjscud

jjscud Diabloii.Net Member

Ditto on the javazon.

Here are the rough numbers, lets assume you can reasonably line up 5 cows when there are a bunch on the screen.

Sorc lightning, avg 14k * 5 cows = 70 k damage
    Sorc CL, avg 3k, 11 hits (my stats) = 33 k damage
    Javazon, avg 1k, 35 hits (nice lvl javazon) and enough pierce to hit 5 cows = 1K * 5 * 35 = 175K damage

I've also heard that a blizz sorc is quit fast.

4. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

LF zon for sure
    Ber, Jah, and Vex...
    I sense too much greed here...
    Careful you must be young Padwan... greed is a path to the Dark Side...
    May the Force be with you!

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

The odds are you will never see the runes for enigma, IIRC only 1 person in the SPF has a confirmed legit engima. They are just very rare and trading runes is banned here.
    For the build itself, I say a pure lit sorc will be great fun, but getting to hell cows will be very hard. Using CL would be more effective on herds than lightning, but you'll need to build up your mana, since those cows wont go down ina couple of hits. luckily you'll have teleport, this does wonders in stopping you from ebing surrounded by hundreds of beefy monsters.

6. Muay Thai Warrior

Muay Thai Warrior Diabloii.Net Member

Well, snce my sorc is now level 75, i'll finish hell with her and see how she kills hell cows(i don't have uber gear, like griffons or a shield with 4 facets).

I have a hammerdin who does 9k damage, i think killing hell cows for him is easy.
    So, my question is, cow king always respawn in the same place?
    Because, the reason to built a pure lightning sorc is to avoid the danger of killing cow king(he is lightning imune).
    How do you guys avoid cow king?

Thanks for the help.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

He always starts in the large wooden corned pen. Basically just clear everything else and when you come across the pen, give it a wide birth. no need to kill absoltely all cows except the king, leave his minions alone just in case.

8. kabal

kabal Diabloii.Net Member

str00j might be the only one who could assemble a self-found enigma, but there are a handful of other "beyond doubt" SPF'ers with enigmas (Sincere, the dearly departed Milamber, and most recently Mankey) as well as a lot of other people who at one point or another had the runes but used them elsewhere.

Luck plays a big part in getting the expensive runewords, but don't underestimate the value of having the right friends and connections.

9. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

You're completely right. Self find them might be difficult but if you trade with friends that might be possible. I have friends that have these runes, but they don't trade them anyway...
    I had a ber once... i lost it when i bought a new computer and didn't make any backups... my highest rune now is a Lo.

Anyway... good luck!
    May the force be with you!