Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hunting for Ruby Jewels of Fervor (31-40/15s)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jaimes, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jaimes

Jaimes Diabloii.Net Member

Hunting for Ruby Jewels of Fervor (31-40/15s)

I don't play SP but I figured this would be the best place to ask because you guys work for what you have instead of taking the easy way out and trading ;)

I prefer to get/make all my endgame items for myself by myself w/o trading, so we are alike in that respect.

Anyway, I was wondering where the best place to hunt for these jewels would be. AS lists the Ruby prefix as a ilvl 66 requirement. Fervor is much lower. As we all know from GC skiller hunting in NM flayer jungle, the best place to look for a specific mod is to hunt in a zone with the TC class same as the ilvl. At least, that is how I understand it.

So since the ilvl, or whatever, is min. 66 for a Ruby prefix, it follows that the best place to hunt for that prefix is a level 66 area. So from the Strat Compendium, I figure that running Blood Moor, Cold Plains and Stony Field is the best place since they have 67, 68 and 68 respectively, close to 66 and a good density/monster difficulty scale.

At least, that is what I've figured based upon my rudimentary understanding of how these things work. Could someone please enlighten me!

It's too bad cow level is only 64 in NM, otherwise that place would be truly ideal.

2. Darkwell

Darkwell Diabloii.Net Member

Hell Countess and Tower are where I have found most of mine. And good runes also. Kill everything in your way, as you go down. But I've only found 1, so who am I to give advice. You'll find these extremely rare. To get one soon you might have to trade, but few are willing to give them up.

3. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano Diabloii.Net Member

The best I have are 27/15 and 24/15. i don't remember if I rolled em or found em anymore. Have a few 37%ed but they are all hard to come by. Good luck.
    Cheers K

4. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

well 40/15 j00lz! are rare because they have the highest level prefix IIRC and then you have to mnatch it to a suffix.
    IMO running cows for blue jewels and pgems so you can re-roll would be your best bet.

5. Jaimes

Alright, say I want to just find one jewel to roll over and over again. Where should I hunt to find a jewel that will give me the best chances at producing a Ruby/Fervor when I reroll it?

I can run cow level then to produce pgems to roll with as well as extra jewel chances and other items which I can trade for pgems for more chances to roll.. :p

Or maybe I should just trade up the pgems for a rune and use the rune to buy a gem ;)

6. LprMan

LprMan Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC Ruby prefix requires ilvl 66. But it doesn't really matter if you use higher level jewel or not, because Ruby is highest level affix available on jewels. Just collect all jewels you find in hell difficulty, ID them, and start rerolling useless ones. It will take lots of time and gems to reroll one, so good luck :)

7. Jaimes

Ah, I see. So hell cows maybe IS the best place for jewels...

What's best cow-killing build? :p LF zon? CE Summonmancer? What about a blizzard sorc..? *ponders*

8. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

LF Zon is the best, pure Blizzard sorc is probably close 2nd.

9. shermo

shermo Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure I'd agree with that. It's not too hard to get a blizz sorc doing 10k dmg (really 20k with mastery).

I find with a lightning zon that you constantly run out of mana. And after you've killed a herd of cows you have to spend longer looking through the drops than it took you to kill them. With a sorc yuo don't have to worry too much about herding so everything's far more spread out.

The only down side with a blizz sorc is that you can kill the cow king (which I did with my first one :rolleyes: )

10. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say collect a few thousand gems and start rerolling. still chances are slim that you will find a few ed/ias jewels any time soon.

ps, good to see some b-netters do not see sp a great testing groud :p

11. Jaimes

A lot of B-netters like to have their information forcefed to them without knowing why :p So they head towards the nearest cookie-cutter guide, trade their junk for the gear listed on the guide, and voila instant successful character.

I don't like to trade so much though - I love the feeling of getting a nice unique I have never gotten before. Yesterday I got my first Reaper's Toll. Lemme tell ya, finding this weapon that I had heard so much good stuff about was extremely gratifying :p My future WW barbarian's merc is going to enjoy it.

I think I'll run hell cows with a necromancer friend with my Matriarch Blizz Sorc.. CE + tanks + blizz damage should clear the place out pretty good. He actually just got the game yesterday, but he's a good friend of mine and smart so I think he'll pick up speed quickly :) I've also amassed a few decent necro items to twink him if he desires, so his skellies won't suck.

The reason I want the jewels is because I'm getting really excited about a Tomb Reaver WW Barbarian... And socketing that polearm with a ed/IAS jewel would be very yummy :p

12. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

I have to try it. But my Blizzy is quite weak. Actually my lvl 75 pure Blizzard sorceress kills cows slower in NM than my lvl 93 LF zon in Hell. And the cows often go through the blizzard unharmed. Hmmm. But as I have said my Blizzy does only 3,5k listed damage. It's probably true that uber Blizzard sorc>uber LF zon. But all the zon needs for successful cowing is Titan's and razortail.

@shermo: My LF/CS zon has quite large mana pool - several mana charms, Harlequin's Crest and 7%manaleech ring are enough for constant LF. My mana is significantly decreasing only when I have to use CS on remaining bosses/champions.

EDIT: Jaimes - why do you play on BNET? Your style of playing is more like Single Player. We can MP too. No hacks, no bloody duped runes, no spammers, no stupids...

13. Darkwell

It would be alot easier and cheaper/time consuming, to socket % ed/any 2nd mod and put IAS/any second mod, into armor or helm. You'd be able to play that barb alot sooner.

14. Jaimes

It's a lot easier to get help for stuff, easier to MP, and if there's something you really need you can trade for it. Plus you can help other people out, make friends..

I'll admit there's a lot of terrible stuff with B-net. Some games can just be full of cutthroating. But I just hate playing all alone ;)

A year back when I decided to play D2 again (not even a year), I made the decision to play on B-net instead of SP. Playing with other people is a LOT of fun. When I reinstalled D2 and started a new pally on US East a few weeks back (old acct had expired), it was bliss :p So I really enjoy it.

Plus... I hate playing through some parts of the game :p Would rather go the easy way out and play the game the way I want.. Act 3 for instance. I hate playing through that place.

And Darkwell - I'm close to getting some sturdy medium-level gear. It's not end-game gear (like steelrends, soul drainers, etc) but good enough to dink around until I find better stuff. I am nowhere CLOSE to getting the endgame stuff though, since I want to try and find it first before I trade for it.

120 Meph runs in the past two? maybe three days, and I'm gonna make a necromancer soon for the Pit :p

Edit: And maybe my blizz sorc isn't such a good idea. My blizzard is only 2800-3000. More than enough for running Mephisto, and I soloed my hellforge (rolled it without CIs), so IMO I should have too much trouble in cow level. We'll see.

Thanks for all the help guys :) I guess the only way to get an ED/IAS jewel is to pray for one.

15. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

Sacrificing a goat wouldn't be a bad idea either.

16. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas Diabloii.Net Member

Mil rolled one not too long ago :D just don't go hunting for one, pick up all the jewels you find and do some ocasionally rerolling and hope you have some luck on your side.. It's just like finding that tyrael's, you don't go hunting for it, since it's impossible to find.. however when you do your ocasional 20 baalruns a day and it suddenly drops.. $$

''Mil & Sam''

17. Darkwell

For a 40/15 I'm thinking a virgin....or 2.

Sint - didn't Mil say he got it on his ~10 roll?

18. nepeta

nepeta Diabloii.Net Member

Try some upped Eth Titan's with a good Manald Heal ring and level 36 LF :p

19. barren

barren Diabloii.Net Member

What's all this crazy talk about blizzard sorcs being better cowers then lightning fury zons? My lf zon clears cows 10 times faster then my blizz sorc any day of the week.

20. Masas

Masas Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe you don't herd enough cows? I usually try to get herdsat least 2-3 screens long, then throw a few LFs at them, and collect the loot.