Hunters Guide to NK-ing v1.1

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
zeiris said:
I see a lot of people here have never dueled seriously in hell mode. I'm thinking of the pk1/pk2/pk3/pk4/pk5/pk6... games in particular.
I think you've mistaken "seriously" for "acting like a cockhead". Nking is in no way dueling.

zeiris said:
It's a dog eat dog world
Hope you don't go through life with this motto Zeiris.

ImaBobbleHeadPandaBearLoL

Diabloii.Net Member
LOLL omg seriously if I could afford the gear I would totally make this build. Wow I laughed all the way through the guide because I could just picture the mayhem and laughter that would follow the continuous nking. I have so much fun nking sorcies and necros with my smiter (name lock + charge).

P.s. wow "Dont forget to call him a nub and if he rejoins call him a nub and leave. job well done" LOL seriously comedy gold. I love making people mad when they take this game way to seriously.

p.p.s. gj on saying nub instead of noob. nub sounds funnier. I say it anyways

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Want to know what I think is most sad?
The fact that people read the thread, come to the word NK, and get furious.
What if we for once tried to be constructive? Not only say "waste of time", "crap", "stupid" etc.

Also, this isn't the first time this has happened. Calm down! When browsing a thread, and reading the replies, you must have noticed that someone already wrote "waste of time", right? If that is your opinion, why not let it stop there? Why go all the way to re-write the same thing again, and again, and again?

Sure, call me a whiner, but at least I'm constructive and face the problem.

Furthermore, since this has turned to a flamewar, the best would probably be if it was closed.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
Want to know what I think is most sad?
The fact that people read the thread, come to the word NK, and get furious.
What if we for once tried to be constructive? Not only say "waste of time", "crap", "stupid" etc.

Also, this isn't the first time this has happened. Calm down! When browsing a thread, and reading the replies, you must have noticed that someone already wrote "waste of time", right? If that is your opinion, why not let it stop there? Why go all the way to re-write the same thing again, and again, and again?

Sure, call me a whiner, but at least I'm constructive and face the problem.

Furthermore, since this has turned to a flamewar, the best would probably be if it was closed.

zomg wtf waste of time!!!?!?!??!??

Anyway. Constructive criticism, eh? Fair enough. Why worry about widowmaker? Your build will have pathetically low defensive capabilities, and a druid with a bow is quite slow. I think the best you can manage with pure ias gear is like 10 frames? And you don't appear to have ANY ias gear outside of the widow itself. That's some seriously slow rate of fire. If you're going to be a knob about things, then sit in town and let your bear attack people, don't pretend that you can actually do damage. This guide is essentially suggesting you act like the rest of the idiot pubs that sit in town with a bear killing people, except that you step outside of town to get your *** handed to you every once in a while. Good job weakening the idea of being a pubcake.

ilovesoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary said:
I. Introduction

Welcome all, this is the Hunters/Summoners guide to proper nk-ing techiques and abilities that've taken me years of honorable dueling to master (lolly). This guide is setup mainly for serious duelers who wish to take "naked killing" to the next level of unfairness...and maybe even share a cheap laugh or two, who knows. This guide first came to mind from a friend of mine who used several of these techniques to rune, I mean "competetively disadvantage", duelz all over East. The basic strategy involves using Uber Grizzly tank in front of town and widowmaker with plenty of damage+slow to capitalize on tg-ers, respawners,... or players u just plain dont like, heh. First I'll go over some of the suggested stat placement for the build, then cover equipment, and end with some dueling strategies and uses for the build.

II. Skill Placement

The skillz should be placed not much different than your average hunter/summoner. However, since your actual "combat" is going to be minimal in this build, we're able to max both oak and HoW for extra versatility/situations.

placement: @lvl 90 = 102 points with quests
-1 raven (used just as distraction to slow people down from town)
-16 spirit wolves (privide defensive and ar bonuses for bear/dire)
-20 Dire wolves (provide life for all your summons)
-20 Grizzly (increases the damage for each of your summons)
-20 Oak (life)
-20 HoW (damage/ar)
-1 lycanthropy
-1 werebear
-1 shockwave (Bear form used only in certain situations for tanking; shockwave can be helpful for stunning with your bear too ^^ )

III. Equipment

As you may already know, the summons for druids are actually synergized beyond your standard lvl 20 stat points for each bonus +skill added from your inventory. Therefore, the life/ar/damage of each of your pets will dramatically increase exponentially for each extra level added, which is much different than any other spell in this game; therefore for this build we'll need to get as many skill points as possible. Also, since this build doesn't require you to leave town if necessary, you wont have to worry about proper resists/breakpoints etc, so its sorta a relief. :p
This is the gear that you'll need to pwn:

Helmet
rare druid pelt- any valuable druid pelt with +3 summon/resists/etc is probably the best you can probably do here.

Jalals- probably the easiest and most accessable and most well rounded of all the helmets. Offeres great all around attributes for this build.

Blackhorns Face- slows target 20%; great for picking players off with bow.

Weapons/Shields
Primary:
Call to Arms/Hoto- get a 4-6 bo cta to boost your summons life, it'll make a big difference for tanking with Bramble. Hoto isn't all that necessary but is helpful for xtra +skills and fast-casting grizzly at players.
Spirit- helpful booster used alongside hoto & cta

Secondary:
Widowmaker 'shael'- +5 guided arrow....enough said, lol. This, used alongside slow and poison, is your "btch killer". You may have the tendency to feel guilty at first, but the first time u light some pally up running back to his body, it'll be replaced with a smug sense of satisfaction >< hehe

Armor
Two must have choices:
Enigma- what can I say... low strength requirements, beautiful +2skillz for pets, and teleport/frw in case where you'd have to escape. This is your primary armor for summoning and pecking off duelists.

Bramble (lvl 21 Thorns!)- for once, poison doesn't matter here- as long as you have great thorns damage. The thorns combined with werebear+Bear+oak offers great returns for any barb/zealer who oops kills themself ^^

Belt
Arachnids- +1 skillz, 10% slow... what more u want?

Gloves
Glegclaws- only choice here... with 25% slow and knockback they'll have no shot of getting away...even if they get to their body they'll practically be a statue for your entertainment = )

Boots
Marrowalks- for really one reason only...lvl 31 bone prison :D I know, this is getting pretty dirty, sry. This build isn't for the light of heart lol. Nonetheless, if they try to get away... lvl 31 prison + grizzly/widow will finish them off really quick. Prison isn't necessarily a major player in the build, but it is there just in case u slip up and dont get the kill off... I know, sad.

Rings/Ammy:
+3summoning ammy- pretty self explanatory
2 sojs or 1soj/raven- extra +skillz are always a good thing, and mana if you'll be quick casting a lot. Raven in case you're afraid of taking cold damage, its always a nice thing to have for safety.

Stash
1 Dtorch
1 anni
7-8 Summon GC's
10-12 poison sc's... lotsa poison if u can, if u can't just fill in with lifeys or something :azn:

Tactical Strategies

There are many uses for this build where... actually, nawww... there's really only one-- pissing people off! = ) However, if you're going to be able to do this the most effective way, you'll have to understand how to use the build properly. But once it works, the look and anger on peoples faces is priceless
note: I'm not actually able to see their faces but if I could it prolly wouldn't be too happy methinks.
These are some helpful Hints and Suggestions for NK-ing/BM-ing/all around pissing them off to the maximum of your ability: :thumbsup:

"Hunter vs. ___":

Sorceress-
Since sorcs are one of the few builds that are still a threat while "naked", you'll have to be cautious. The key here is to catch them off guard... while they're playing its ok to spam arrows here and there as long as u keep your heels in town. However, when they die and return to their body the first time... wait till they get about half way there, then fire a volley of arrows and take them out. Note: when using the widowmaker, you'll wanna use HoW for xtra damage/ar. When they respawn, there's a good chance they'll not be too happy with you (I know, can u believe it?)...but this is just what u want. When they come back they'll probably be a little cautious and aggravated... The best thing to do in this situation is to comfort them; phrases like these are pretty effective:
"sry, I was just messin'... go ahead get body"
"my 13 year old cousin was at keyboard... go ahead, my bad"
At this point, wait till he leaves and gets about half way there, prison him (at this point he'll be befuddled and wont tele right away) and finish him with a volley of more shots. Dont forget to call him a nub and if he rejoins call him a nub and leave. job well done :thumbsup:

Zons-
zons are a little bit trickier to nk using widowmaker and slow, simply because they have the ability to dodge. Your best bet here is to use my favorite strategy: Prison + quick cast lvl 40-45 grizzly! One swift bite or swipe will give her the biggest b+itch smack of her life (and she prolly wont get up). Plus... sry, its just so funny to watch them have to duke in out in the ring--try to think of it as gladiator... except Russel Crowe is unarmed and doesn't stand a chance = )

Barbarians-
If the barbs are naked, you'll be able to drop them just as you did using the widow/grizzly techniques. However, once the barb comes back with their body... they may not enjoy your company anymore... in fact, they'll prolly try to kick your a$$ and taunt you. For this situation you'll need to swap nigma with your high lvl thorn brammble, maybe even keep in your inventory for quick swap at the bridge. Your best bet is to cast your Grizzly+HoW to make him think you're actually trying to kill him with your pet (however, if built right your grizzly will, in fact, inflict a lot of damage, in the 8-12k range if he gets a hit off). Anyways, when your opponent gets the hang of it, quickly cast an Oak way beyond him in the distance and drop a bear right behind him. As soon as he goes to ww it, quickly step outside with your bramble and let him eat the thorns damage with his ebotd. >< Make sure you call him a newb when he dies, I can't stress this enough. If he doesn't seek vengeance just keep doing your thang. If he gets ticked and asks for a 1v1, tell him you dont have time for newbs and quit and find a different game. ^^ Its all connected to the great circle of ego and gayness that we call pub duels

I know I wasn't able to cover all the characters but this basically covers the jist of it. It's easy to point at this and go "wow, that is the most idiotic guide on the planet" (maybe true lol), but in the end of the day, its just a game and everyone has a different way of playing it. Some people like to mf, some people like to pvm just for the good of the team, some people like to duel hardcore, and some palyers just like to ruin it for the rest of the players that take this 6 year old game way too seriously :D
Either way, If I reached out and touched the heart of a gamer somewhere, that's all that matters... a little boy gamer... I like little boys (jk), peace. ^^
Excellent! You took my favorite build to a new level. I might wanna eqp my old summoner now:)

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Constructive criticism? Fine then.

Even with all those poison charms (assuming that you don't get a stash full of 451's) You're not going to be doing much killing with Widowmaker. Wouldn't it be easier to simply load up on FRW charms so that when you go for Bramble instead of Nigma you may actually get away?

Also, the censor bypassing is annoying. Whip out the thesaurus and use more creative words. That'll make your guide look a lot cleaner and won't make you sound (any moreso) like some who didn't graduate high school.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the Widow Maker. As stated before you won't be doing enough dmage to kill anyone. So wouldn't it be more worthwhile to use, say Doom, instead? I'm pretty sure the slow will be around the same and since you're NKing you can camp outside once they die.

Oh, and use Spellcheck. "Skillz" makes you seem ignorant, therefore the audience you're trying to target will think less of you. If they think less of you then they'll think less of your guide.

Also, when NKing, in't it easier to telebomb them? The way your build looks it seems more like the only person you'll consistently NK is someone like a druid who has no Avoid or Faster Movement skills.

In closing: Write this better that way people may actually not think you're stupid, clean it up, and consider going for tactical BM over damage BM. Oh, and don't post a guide until it's finished.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally...you would have been better off writing a true hunter guide. You would have gotten respect from it. FYI, you wont Nk as ez as you think. What about pally's with charge? I wrote a guide for Daydream (foh/hfire) and is still IMO the king of BM's. I am back playing him again, and I try to play as fair as I can, but with auras, charge desync and FoH, there isnt much fair. I'm tellin you this, because try watching me in town, I've yet to be successfully nked/tged even by a bonewall/pris/spirit mancer and mb trapper combo (what beats that eh?). Nothing can stop a pally with charge comming out of town. You wouldnt bonepris me, I'll outrun your guideds and your bear too slow. Also, what happens when a WW barb RJ's and gets his body? I can tell youd write a good/intresting hunter guide. Just a thought, hope you do!

IMC :grin:

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
Valvolux said:
I think you've mistaken "seriously" for "acting like a cockhead". Nking is in no way dueling.

Hope you don't go through life with this motto Zeiris.
Just trust me. It'll save you the long and painful journey of realising it's all true, a journey I travelled in my unending quest to make a powerful yet fun hell dueler.

Regardless of what you believe, what is is. You can not change it. This isn't life, you can't hit people who take things too far, all you can do... Is realise you're here to have fun. Accept the game as it is. Don't become like the worst of them, but don't try to convert the pub masses either. Just get what you can out of D2, then leave :)

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting enough.

You've shoveled a portion of the pub essence from BNet and dumped it onto the forums. I can honestly say I laughed a bit when I read this. Despite what anyone says it was fairly witty - or maybe I am overtired again?

The use of Marrows for the BP capabilities was inventive enough - you aren't the first of course to suggest it though. Telebombing would probably be more efficacious than Widow - which really lacks intense offensive capabilities.

BP and the bomb would probably increase your chances of getting the kill. Of course you run the risk of getting deeds yourself when you step out of town. Additionally I wouldn't expect this build of sorts to be able to stay in a game for long. From what I have seen TG/NKers usually get TG'ed themselves.

Another nubbie NKer is that fier drooood posting just up the page a bit. I suppose this is effective if you get your jolies waiting for a kill - patience. I like playing the game a little more actively - but good on you all the same. I expect now to see some more towning druids on BNet shortly.

You've made an impact! :unimpressed: :grin:

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
IMCanadian said:
Personally...you would have been better off writing a true hunter guide. You would have gotten respect from it. FYI, you wont Nk as ez as you think. What about pally's with charge? I wrote a guide for Daydream (foh/hfire) and is still IMO the king of BM's. I am back playing him again, and I try to play as fair as I can, but with auras, charge desync and FoH, there isnt much fair. I'm tellin you this, because try watching me in town, I've yet to be successfully nked/tged even by a bonewall/pris/spirit mancer and mb trapper combo (what beats that eh?). Nothing can stop a pally with charge comming out of town. You wouldnt bonepris me, I'll outrun your guideds and your bear too slow. Also, what happens when a WW barb RJ's and gets his body? I can tell youd write a good/intresting hunter guide. Just a thought, hope you do!

IMC :grin:

rofl

:p you may have posted the guide for daydreamers, but I perfected the build sir ;)

btw, hop on bnet, I feel like bm'ing a few pubbies together again

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Verashiden said:
Constructive criticism? Fine then.

Even with all those poison charms (assuming that you don't get a stash full of 451's) You're not going to be doing much killing with Widowmaker. Wouldn't it be easier to simply load up on FRW charms so that when you go for Bramble instead of Nigma you may actually get away?

Also, the censor bypassing is annoying. Whip out the thesaurus and use more creative words. That'll make your guide look a lot cleaner and won't make you sound (any moreso) like some who didn't graduate high school.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the Widow Maker. As stated before you won't be doing enough dmage to kill anyone. So wouldn't it be more worthwhile to use, say Doom, instead? I'm pretty sure the slow will be around the same and since you're NKing you can camp outside once they die.

Oh, and use Spellcheck. "Skillz" makes you seem ignorant, therefore the audience you're trying to target will think less of you. If they think less of you then they'll think less of your guide.

Also, when NKing, in't it easier to telebomb them? The way your build looks it seems more like the only person you'll consistently NK is someone like a druid who has no Avoid or Faster Movement skills.

In closing: Write this better that way people may actually not think you're stupid, clean it up, and consider going for tactical BM over damage BM. Oh, and don't post a guide until it's finished.
LOL. Did you just ge back from catholic church? "well Jesus says do onto others...", ..."but you say...bleh bleh bleh"--lolly. Don't sensor me kid, I can say whatever I say however I wanna say it, k. I've taken higher level college english (at U of M-Duluth) than you've prolly ever taken so don't even pull that --"LOLz?"its called a personality kid, maybe one time you'll develop one as soon as you remove your whitey titeys and find some tangible friends. And what is this a formal lab report? who said it has to be written a certain way? Okay, let me get my thesaurus...<cough>... you heinous nefarious malevolent sycophant you...

It's kids like you that make me want to nk = ) straight up squares who can't take a joke, who take the game not for what it is....just a game, but as a personal anecdote or metaphor to human behavior like we can all just hold hands and get along in harmony. Only problem is, if you've ever pub-ed, mercy doesn't exist most of the time. So you can sit and wait for the hammerdins to reason with you to stop nk-ing you so u can get your body back... or u can push back at them and make a character just to F% with people ><
.... those are all great ideas, btw. A doom is also an excellent choice if you have the budget. Widowmaker will do damage but its mainly for the slow...if Ar is a problem u can always prebuff and use anghellics or fleshrender, k, its np. Tele-dropping is a good idea, if you're using hoto/wiz where u can drop then quickly go bearform to shield yourself from dying right away. Just.... to me... its tough, but trying to be just a PURE SUMMONER, without playing dirty, yet still trying to win... is sorta an oxymoron. This build is supposed to be funny too, its more about just having fun and getting even :D
Otherwise stick to pvm or you'll just lose bad playing legit...

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary said:
Widowmaker will do damage but its mainly for the slow...if Ar is a problem u can always prebuff and use anghellics or fleshrender, k, its np.
Isn't the whole point of using Widowmaker, the guided arrow....no AR needed.

It’s mistakes like this that make you look stupid more than writing a nk’in "guide".

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Valvolux said:
Isn't the whole point of using Widowmaker, the guided arrow....no AR needed.

It’s mistakes like this that make you look stupid more than writing a nk’in "guide".
nobody cares what you think though Valvoux, 'cause you're just a hater and nobody values your opinion 'cause you think you're better than everyone and the game itself. Maybe try playing the game for fun, wutever that be...not just for best stats/breakpoints

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary said:
LOL. Did you just ge back from catholic church? "well Jesus says do onto others...", ..."but you say...bleh bleh bleh"--lolly. Don't sensor me kid, I can say whatever I say however I wanna say it, k. I've taken higher level college english (at U of M-Duluth) than you've prolly ever taken so don't even pull that --"LOLz?"its called a personality kid, maybe one time you'll develop one as soon as you remove your whitey titeys and find some tangible friends. And what is this a formal lab report? who said it has to be written a certain way? Okay, let me get my thesaurus...<cough>... you heinous nefarious malevolent sycophant you...

It's kids like you that make me want to nk = ) straight up squares who can't take a joke, who take the game not for what it is....just a game, but as a personal anecdote or metaphor to human behavior like we can all just hold hands and get along in harmony. Only problem is, if you've ever pub-ed, mercy doesn't exist most of the time. So you can sit and wait for the hammerdins to reason with you to stop nk-ing you so u can get your body back... or u can push back at them and make a character just to F% with people ><
.... those are all great ideas, btw. A doom is also an excellent choice if you have the budget. Widowmaker will do damage but its mainly for the slow...if Ar is a problem u can always prebuff and use anghellics or fleshrender, k, its np. Tele-dropping is a good idea, if you're using hoto/wiz where u can drop then quickly go bearform to shield yourself from dying right away. Just.... to me... its tough, but trying to be just a PURE SUMMONER, without playing dirty, yet still trying to win... is sorta an oxymoron. This build is supposed to be funny too, its more about just having fun and getting even :D
Otherwise stick to pvm or you'll just lose bad playing legit...
L...M...F...A...O

So... you're basically saying that:

A) If I was indeed Catholic my points would be pointless since it's all about "damnation".

B) You've taken English Classes yet still wrote like a four year old.

C) That you created a guide and posted it on a forum, meaning it's up for grabs to critique, yet when someone does they're "square".

D) Because I never mentioned NKing being "evil" I said it : /.

E) "Tighty Whiteys" not whatever the hell you said :).

F) Oh, and never said how you wrote it was wrong. I merely stated that you sound a lot less intelligent when you write it that way. To each his own though ^_^.

G) And because I, you know, speak like I have some intellect I have no friends? Oooo that means oh so many people are losers with no lives. The shame... *walks off with head down*.

Now that that's out of the way...

You don't need to shift to bear to "survive". The cast delay between casting it and actually shifting would kill you all the same. 75% block with nice FBR should be enough to keep you alive long enough to slow + stun. Hence why I'm not sugggesting Widow Maker for this build.

Of course, if you are still bent on using Widow Maker I'd suggest Cham ing it rather than Shaeling it. Freezes Target will probably be more worth while to you than speed since you won't be dealing a large amount of damage in the first place. So you would do something like: Shoot, shoot, telebomb. Of course, I'm not too sure how this'll work since I have no hardcore facts t go by (haven't test this build :p). So I could be wrong.

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary said:
nobody cares what you think though Valvoux, 'cause you're just a hater and nobody values your opinion 'cause you think you're better than everyone and the game itself. Maybe try playing the game for fun, wutever that be...not just for best stats/breakpoints
Now, now - why is this turning into a childish flame war. Val was absoluletly and completely correct in his statement. Believe it or not, Guided doesn't take any AR - thus rendering an AR pre-buff useless, no?

Verashiden has touched on something important as well - having cold damage is critical. Nobody has CBF naked. You did mention wearing a raven, but not for that reason. That seems to be something (cold damage) that should at least be approached in a NKing guide.

NKing is controversial it appears. You have to keep in mind that when you write up something like this - joke or not - people are not all going to laugh at your 'supposed' wit. Everyone plays the game differently. If you wanna be a nub pub then make the fluffy teddy or fissure druid - it's just a game. Just don't expect everyone to be impressed by your 'poweress'...

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary said:
Ah dear, it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong....

Forgot the forums are not about posting correct info, its all about posting gibberish and having "attitude" and "personality" isn't that right Jary?

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
It doesnt matter one anyone says on here, nobody listens to anyone else. Nobodys minds get changed, it's pointless to flame, yet every thread that is not fury druid related turns into one these days. Jary, nk is a part of pubs, so you do have a right to persue that part of it. It seems to me, a hater of gear switches, along with character switches, that you would be better to make a build that BM pwnt pubbies, along with nk them. Believe it or not, nking isnt as easy as some GM privi's may think. NK is also highly nessessary when cocky 12 yr olds ruin you perfectly fine public dueling game. It's not to give yourself satisfaction, it's to crush the 12 yr olds confidence and self esteem. They come in with their trapper, hosti everyone, tg and nk. You kill them they try to get their body a few times, you nk, they rj, rinse and repeat. Probably after two or three rejoins they'll go somewheres else, returning the sanctity of a civilized pub. My two cents, oh and the flame seem to be comming from the much more excepting westies, what happened to "we use grief, its just we are more prepared to take on different parts of the game and except players then you easties". Sorry to say it, but it's true!

Ps. Bunns, you only perfected that because your rich! I own it!

IMC :grin: - Stop the Flames, love all our children!

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the advice all, and the helpful suggestions. Believe it or not, Valvaox, thanks for the tip on guided arrow 'cause it'll save me a lot of dext in the long run. Sry but its been a long time since I made a bowazon :[
Yes, this forum is about advice... I never have a problem taking a hint, just getting spat at for the concept of being boorish and inane and the grammatical corrections irritate me...gd, spell check? come on dude. Look at the target audience of this game too, tshhh... just kids, nobody cares about my pervasive vocab u tard
Some of the suggestions were pretty good, i like the one about using Doom--maybe if I get the income some day I'll try that out. Cham is a good idea for those who can afford those sorta runes ^^. I'll try different strategies with my summoner and maybe someday even come up with a way to win legit... but I doubt it (but its just so much funnier laughing from the safety of town ><)
Thanks for the ideas. It'd be fun to see more summoners too, I always like seeing unique builds... keep trying new ideas all
Lates.:tongue: