Hunter variation: Fissure/Grizzly/Bow

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Hunter variation: Fissure/Grizzly/Bow

First off, does it have a nice name? A fire druid with bear is shaman isnt it? But this one uses bow and should thereby have an own name.
Anyways. Im making one of these. Witchwild string as bow, grizzly and merc as a tank and fissure/cano for some more damage. But i cant decide my skill distribution.
20 grizzly, 20 how, 20 fissure, 20 volcano is the core. 86 points counting prereqs too. Level 74. If i go to 85 its 11 skills more.
But, my damage is teh suxxor! Should i dump maxing the how (making my bow pretty much useless) and synergize my bear with dire wolves which could come in handy? Or should i synergize my fissure or cano?
Really cant decide. Input appreciated.

Cppo-The-Wild

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd rather go with pure summon if you'll use a bow (hunter). With only cano and fissure maxed Hell won't be fun at all :/

So those 40 points should go to wolves and leftovers you could use in Cyclone armor if you want some more survivebility or even poison creeppes for stopping the monsters regen. That's what i'd do but of course if you want something even more non cookie-cut you might be able to pull it off with molten boulder maxed (physi dmg).

-Cppo

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
This is a huntermentalist which I created with Fenriswulf about 2-3 years ago. Fun to play, with a nice combination of physical and elemental damage.

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok. Ill definately use a bow. Im in love with the wws. I wont max the wolves that give def to the bear, not really useful in pvm in my opinion. Maybe the others. So 20 grizzly, 20 vita wolves, 20 how, 20 volcano (for fire and phys damage) and one synergy. Maybe fissure. Any definate no nos here?

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok. Ill definately use a bow. Im in love with the wws. I wont max the wolves that give def to the bear, not really useful in pvm in my opinion. Maybe the others. So 20 grizzly, 20 vita wolves, 20 how, 20 volcano (for fire and phys damage) and one synergy. Maybe fissure. Any definate no nos here?
Sounds like a fun idea, I like it:grin:

I don't see any reason to use volcano--unless its an uber high lvl it just plain sucks, take my word for it. Plus, you'd have grizzly and widowmaker er w/e u were planning on using for a bow. I'd suggest synergizing fissure all the way, so tossing 61 points into elemental, because at a high enough lvl and a few facets fissure owns:cool: ; then the remaining points I'd throw into maxing grizzly and dire, then throw one point into oak just to have it. Otherwise, maybe max Grizzly and HoW and just rely on high lvl +skillz to synergize it more life? I dunno, either way you can always resummon grizzly, but I'd say go with the damage

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
I think i need the how to make my bow do even some damage. So maybe 60 points into elemental and 20 grizzly and 20 how maxed last. Wouldnt that make my grizzly weak and my elemental attacks so strong that it wouldnt be good to use a bow at all?

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember Mr. Goth making one of these a while ago, it looked like his was pretty good. You might want to ask him, although I think he used exploding arrows and fire damage charms instead of Witchwild.

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll try and find my old setup and all that fun stuff and post it. I have one lvl 99 and another lvl 93 and they where fun as hell.