Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hunter Bow Help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by BigMadDrongo, May 19, 2005.

1. BigMadDrongo

BigMadDrongo IncGamers Member

Hunter Bow Help

Hey, I recently started playing again after a looong break, and after some MFing NM Meph I've found a Witchwild String and traded a couple Cathan's rings for a Buriza.

I played Zons a lot in .09, so this time I'm trying a Hunter druid with these bows. My question is, which bow would be better? I'm very poor, so any other bows would be out of the question, unless they can be had for cheap.

The resists and Amp damage on Witchwild are nice, and the sockets could be Shael'd for IAS, to help the Amp go off more.

Buriza does high damage and pierces, and is the n00b cannon everyone knows and loves.

I've also heard good things about explosive arrows, so should I try to get my hands on a Demon Machine or that Kuko-whatever bow?

For my build, I'm playing with maxed Grizzly and Dire Wolves, maxed HoW, and using Fissure/Volcanoe for some elemental damage when needed.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

To me, the best mid level bow by far is a kuko. If you are on west ladder, I will give you one for free. In any event, you should be able to get one for a few pgems.

Another good choice if you have runes is a harmony double bow. The vigor and minions are a lot of fun, even if the pack killing speed is lower than kuko.

Garbad

3. BigMadDrongo

Thanks for the help. I'm on East Non-ladder, but thanks anyway for offering the bow. I've got a few p-gems, I'll see if anyone has one up for trade.

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

My cheap mid level hunter ideal gear would be:

kuko
    anglics rings + ammy
    deaths gloves + belt
    goblin toe (crushing really helps with kuko)
    twitchthrow
    jalals mane

You should be able to get all that for 20 pgems and be well on your way thru hell before you need an upgrade.

Garbad

5. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Huntermentalist, good choice and alot of fun. Kuko is simply awesome from the moment you can use it till about NM Act 4 where alot of fire immune/high resist monsters appear. Also by this point your fissure damage may be higher than your Kuko. If your fissure damage is low and you want to increase your fire damage, try spirit forge and lava gouts.

Garbads gear recommendations are really good and cheap, but don't be afraid to use that WWS. WWS combined with razortail is nice.

Ravenclaw is my favorite starting bow if you are going to twink that early, combined with a biggon's bonnet. An underrated armor is Crow Caw with its Open Wounds to help bring down bosses.

2 cheap end-game bows are an Elite Harmony and Widowmaker.

6. BigMadDrongo

Interestingly enough, a sorceress just gave me a Razortail for no apparent reason right before I read your post. Thanks for the advice.