Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hunger Bear question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jary, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Hunger Bear question

My FC Bears to lvl 90 and I've sorta almost polished him up (unless I decide to waste time/money, etc on expensive charms <thumbs down>) but I've decided I want to try another type of bear... and I keep coming back to that Hunger Bear idea, so I think I wanna do something more along those lines now that I'm going strong on East.

I wanna' ask Stoutewolf and any1 else who tried it:

1) Does it work? I mean, I dont care if it owns pubs, just if its something that I wont start crying at night 'cause I can't kill carvers in hell, lol
    2) What's best weapon for build?
    - 6os PB(maybe 6 15ias/30-40eds?) --but still not enough damage imo, or lack of +ele damage. This would be sorta expensive to do, but at 4 frames seems like ok idea
    - Azurewrath is tite, but 7 frames is sorta on the slower end. I was hoping more the 4-6 frame range
    - Grief is sweet, at 6 frames its gotta kill pretty well with PB, but with such low phys damage on weap I might as well not even use hunger : /
    -I dont have etombreaver, but I dont see point of using 2 handed...nor do I wanna set down my ss really... I like damage reduct ^^

Maybe I'm just picky or expect too much : / but if u guys with experience had any advice i'll deffinitely appreciate it. 'Cause i love the bear I have now but I sorta wanna try something new for a change.

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

actually I just thought, maybe Griswalds caddy is a much better option than PB, its already got great damage...hmmmmm

Also, Scepters aren't listed under the IAS calculator! Okay, but if I use a Caddy and socket with, lets say, 3 15ias/35-40ed Jewlels, would that reach 4 frames with Hunger? (I hope so :grin: )

3. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

The people that have them swear on a Griz Caddy with 3 ed/ias jewels and one shael (I think) for a bear. Grief will have the best one handed damage possible, so I'm not really sure what you meant on the low damage part. Griz is more desirable with its super fast speed and good damage.

4. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

I meant just the "weapon damage", just for the leeching aspect for Grief... 'cause I think the "added" damage doesn't affect Hunger... right? I think so, 'cause if it did it'd make your char' pretty much immortal hehe :D

Okee, cool...that's a great start :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So Caddy, 15ias/ed, 15ias/ed, shael....is the way to go, ty

5. OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow Banned

you need a 4 socketed caddy with 3x 15 ias jewels and a shael to hit 5 frame maul/fc and 4 frame hunger.

6. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

i better not post then

7. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

ahhhhhhh, shoooat. I forgot 4soc caddy existed lol, how nub of me ^^
    kk, that makes sense thanks

Oh yeah... and I take it hunger wasn't your cup of tea Point... : /
    mmm, I'm nervous lol. Well, I have nigma and if it just means I tele through a lot or use for bosses and ubers so be it. Well, I also usually play with my friends and others, so, yeah... i'm not expecting it to play like my 16-17k fc.

8. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Does Caddy come in any other damage range besides 102-121?

Arreats site sorta confused me there...

9. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

my point is you dont have to have tried it or be called stoute (who is known for wolves ratehr than bears anyway) to know about things :)

10. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Dude I'm anything but a suck up, I know my way around d2. I do have a pretty desc memory though and if u recall back to the Hunger Bear build, Stoute was one of the ones I remembered who had tried the build (using Azurewrath, I believe)...

It has nothing with me namedropping--he just happens to know a lot and I remember he was one of the ones I remembered who had tried the build, so I was curious w/e their opinions were.

--and No, u could be called RagingNewb...... but I'm not gonna ask someone who hasn't tried it silly, otherwise It'd be no different than just using my own judgement. What'd be the point be of me going "it'd pollllly work" and someone else going "it prollllllly wouldn't work" lol when neither of us have even tried it anyways hehe.

Since I'll probably be using Guilliames anyways, I've been throwing around the idea of dracs, bloodfists, ss, dungos, etc.... and I'm just not getting the resists and #'s that I need, so I think this is what I may just do:

Equipment:
    -Orphans set (put Um rune in shield)
    -Armor: Enigma/Guardian Angel
    -Weap: Griswalds caddy/cta+spirit
    -boots: Gore Riders (hopefully I can up them)
    -ammy/rings: Anghellics, +raven

Yeah, I thought about it and I do lose all the damage reduction but then I realized, heck, Im a hunger bear who the hell cares i pretty much wont die anyways ^^. I'm basically trying to like use almost no strength or barely any dext at all and just tank tank tank. Wut ya think?

11. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Hunger struggles vs. undead or anything else that can't be leeched off, even with high CB I found this build slow at killing, it was one of the weakest sub-builds I’ve tried sadly.

Dracs on any other build beats it.