Hulk’s PvP Smiter Guide

asdfghjkl

Diabloii.Net Member
Could somebody confirm if the "Damage +XX-XX" mod on items such as The Redeemer, Astreon's Iron Ward, War Traverlers, etc. add on top of smite damage. I understand that it does not get listed, but is it actually applied in-game? If so, how does it add up? Is it just added right on top of the listed smite damage? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, after some searching, I've answered some of my own questions. So the damage is applied straight, bypassing PVP penalties and such. My question now is if War Travelers works the same as The Redeemer or Astreon's. The +damage mod is listed differently.

FoodPoisoning said:
eh Casey you bloody fool :p
1. Beast - nt!?
2. Best Gloves are Bloodfists (I have done the math!?)

beast is nt i agree. But it could be ok with the right build if the person is dead set on using it.

I disagree with you on the gloves. With FHR on your boots and belt leave no need for fhr on your gloves or anywhere else?

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfghjkl said:
Could somebody confirm if the "Damage +XX-XX" mod on items such as The Redeemer, Astreon's Iron Ward, War Traverlers, etc. add on top of smite damage. I understand that it does not get listed, but is it actually applied in-game? If so, how does it add up? Is it just added right on top of the listed smite damage? Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, after some searching, I've answered some of my own questions. So the damage is applied straight, bypassing PVP penalties and such. My question now is if War Travelers works the same as The Redeemer or Astreon's. The +damage mod is listed differently.
What I got from Rags one day was that only the Redeemer and Astreon add directly to smite, the other items don't.

do teh math casey
30 fhr from boot + belt right? that means you need 18 more fhr for 48. So 2 gcs, and for me the fhr wasted on 2 gcs is roughly 70 life, + the origional 40 from bloodfists.
so 110 life for bloodfists.
now for the crafted gloves, with perfect mods you get 24 stats, meaning 72 life, + the 20. thats 92 life max. And that's PERFECT mods. Maybe if you had ias/perfect cb/perfect life/perfect stats/perfect LR... However I doubt those gloves even exist.

breez said:
No it is not. It is 6fpa or 6 Frames Per Attack. Diablo game mechanics run at 25 Frames Per Second so a 6fpa Smite will attack 25/6 times Per Second ( = 4.1 attacks per second )
yet that is attacks per second, not frames per attack?
hmm....

6fpa is fastest smite -_-;

FoodPoisoning said:
do teh math casey
30 fhr from boot + belt right? that means you need 18 more fhr for 48. So 2 gcs, and for me the fhr wasted on 2 gcs is roughly 70 life, + the origional 40 from bloodfists.
so 110 life for bloodfists.
now for the crafted gloves, with perfect mods you get 24 stats, meaning 72 life, + the 20. thats 92 life max. And that's PERFECT mods. Maybe if you had ias/perfect cb/perfect life/perfect stats/perfect LR... However I doubt those gloves even exist.

well you have seen my gloves right? You crafted them! :p

10% CB +21 stats, +15 life, +24% light resist

I would/do personally take the CB/light resist/stats/life over fhr/life from bloodfists.

Any1

Banned
Jackson said:
What the heck? ED does not work with smite?

Yes, it does (except from weapon). There is a display bug that prevents the boost to be seen on your character screen. This was extensively tested and proven (by myself and many others) in 1.09D. I suspect it is still true.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
That's what I thought too (same with strength), except in his Guide, under the heading of what "does not work with smite", he put "ED" there.