Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Huh, wasan't expecting THAT!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Feetstench, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Huh, wasan't expecting THAT!

To make a short story long let me preface.

I am curently running a lev 83 Bone-mancer (Boner-Rama) on the East Ladder. Even though I started him untwinked I was really doing well untill I realized what my Mercs Equip was. Tals Mask (Found 3 In about a half hour the other day), Shaft (Thanks Meph) and the same Insight War scythe he has had since about lev 30.

Needless to say I deceded to dedicate some MF time to running Hell Cows and searching for the slippery Eth Cryptic Axe with 4os. After the second day of runnng the Farm I had found JACK F**KING SQUAT! I mean Isen armor would have been a pleasant diversion!

After exploding yet another seemingless inane Hoard O' Pissed-Off bovine, I Searched the ground for the familiar shaded polearm I noticed a name that didn't register at the first scan of the screen, ZOD.

Huh? WTF was that! I walked back and started to gather some gold to shift item names and there it was. 1 offical, honest to God, (No i'm not on smack because i left my needles at my friends house Fri night) ZOD. rune.

Well, now what? I wasan't expecting to find runes so I was kinda shocked. But what do I do with the damned thing? I was never lucky with runes and Lem is the only other relativly high rune I have. Is there anything of equal value item wise?

2. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

I would:

A) Save it and never ever use it. Just stare at it occasionally.

or

B) Save it until you can cube up to vex and make BotD.

For God's sake don't trade it though. For anything. Ever. Zod's are nearly worthless when they should be priceless.

3. Bhruic

Bhruic IncGamers Member

I had something similar happen. Was doing Meph runs, and killing some stuff along the way. Rune drops. I look, it's a Zod. I look again. Still a Zod.

Ended up doing nothing with it, and lost it when I didn't play for awhile. So getting it was kinda pointless. It was still nice to look at every now and then.

Bh

4. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

NEVER traded away your zod. It's a self-found. Self-found runes > 1000000000000 duped ones. Try to find a ethereal zerker or something, then cube a vex using self-found runes and you'll have a LEGIT, 100% LEGIT Ebotd, something 99.99% of bnetters dont have.

5. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

I think you forgot some more "9999" :D (Besides of that, I fully agree)

*stkrause

6. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Isn't it sad that smelly feet ;) should be richer than almost 99,99 % of the Bnetters but now, because of cheaters, he isn't anything with it?

What if he doesn't like melee chars? Using it for a Merc? A fully leggit, selve made BotD for a merc?

it's sad...

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I think u should go play the lottery, since u just have beat some unbelievable odds :clap:

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well, from 1 zod finder [brag] to another, congratulations! of course, on bnet, finding such a rare item sort of loses value when you see that evryone and there mothers have BoTD's, but remember, yours is teh gosu!

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I say stick it on a character that never enters public games, lest the gods of bliz think yours is a dupe and smite it. I just wouldn't take any chances.:thumbsup:

GG by the way!!!

10. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I am tending to agree with all of your assesments of just hang on to it. Someday I might actually get a BoTD. Who would have thunk it.

What Polearm/Spear is best for this as a merc weapon?

BTW Farting Bob, WEEBLE RULZ!

mabye I will make an avatar out of the ZOD pic.

11. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

Congratulations, man. Few people will ever see one drop.