Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Huh? Nova sorc...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Gheeds Advocate, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Gheeds Advocate

Gheeds Advocate Banned

Huh? Nova sorc...

I'm not thinking this is such a great idea. I'm at 56 now and I haven't used a single stat/skill yet. I WAS building a Nova Sorc but after looking at it, I'm not liking it. How good is the build actually?

Damage: Lightning damage: 495 - 710 (ø602.5)

Thats not very high at all...

I need some advice. Thanks.

2. Gheeds Advocate

Gheeds Advocate Banned

can anybody help me out? I'm at 60 now, and still no points used anywhere...

I need advice.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

sorry, can't help much - I haven't done a nova sorc since - uh, well its it been a while.

I think the key to all light sorcs is the -% enemy light resistance (from infinity, facets and griffons). It't not quite to the extreme of the cold sorc (where a 500point frozen orb is pretty good) but it's the same idea. If you can get your nova up to a real high level (is 40+ possible with skillers?) and you have a good fast cast rate (105%) it should be pretty good.

If you're following the nova guide in the library (and have the gear to do it) you'll end up with a awsome char.

Yeah - not much help I know. Hopefully someone with some real nova sorc experience will come by.

It may help to list out what your gear and skill point distribution looks like - or what you're planning on using.

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Maxed Nova and LM together will give you damage of about 2500 at slvl 40-ish. At about slvl 40, the mana cost is over 50 per Nova. It is sufficient for low player games but is hopeless in an 8 player game.

You will have to factor in lightning facets for their -x% to enemy LR, as well as Infinity on your merc (or even yourself) to increase the damage.

You'll also need a large mana pool (~2000+) in order to spam Nova without constantly running out of mana.

5. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

For 8-player games use an 'Infinity' polearm (on yourself). Problem solved. It's a tad expensive though...

6. Gheeds Advocate

Gheeds Advocate Banned

Yeah, I'm lvl 60 with full stats/skills unused including all the quests and now I have no character build in mind :undecided: I wanted to do a Nova sorc but its WAY to expensive for my blood. The highest rune I've EVER had was a Jah once and it poofed. The only r/w I have is an Insight I rolled the other day so...I guess its not Novasorc for me then huh, lol.

7. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

sorry but nova sorcs need the infinity polearm at very least to make it a decent build in hell.

8. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

It is a tough but viable build. Just very gear-intensive & requires insane FCR. Boosting your slvl with Light GCs can be done but you tend to lose out on mana or life pool. Insight/CTA on the switch helps. But without Infinity's conviction, better stick to NM difficulty. :smiley:

9. Gheeds Advocate

Gheeds Advocate Banned

haha, yeah...guess so. Any build suggestions?

10. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

The standard builds are meteorb, blizzballer or CL/FO. They are good all around builds with a lot of MF potential. What are you trying to do? PvM or PvP. How important is MF? Do you prefer offense or defense?

11. jesterlolz

jesterlolz IncGamers Member

I made a nova sorc a little while ago and posted a build on it a little while ago. It got deleted, but i still have the info (kinda), so if u want it, I could give, but its a tad long. She does around 2.8k max damage and 105 fcr. Its decent enough, using the infinity is definately one of the most important parts though.