Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Huge Rant

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by warlock_666, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

Huge Rant

I am VERY annoyed with Battle Net at the moment...

Im sure people have seen me in several posts trying to find out how to track D Clone by using IRC to find Hot servers and the netstat -n command. Well i finally found out the best IRC channel and how to use netstat -n and so i was fine.

Anyway this morning i had a spare 2 hours so i decided to try and track D Clone, not expecting to find him in 2 hours. Anyway IRC said people were selling slowly but surely on server .71 so i started trying to find a game on that server. about 1 hour 50 minutes later i was ready to give up. I decided 1 more try and to my amazement it was .71!! At the same time on IRC another person who had soj's also found a .71 game so the soj counter started going up quickly. I thought wow i've nabbed an anihilus and went off to get some breakfast. When i came back i pressed M and the sojs counter was up about 5 times and at the top "Diablo Walks the Earth" i thought cool i've got enough time to beat him.

i went over to the wp, clicked on it and BAM!! Connection Interrupted.

I was sooo ****ing pissed coz i've been searching for an anihilus for AGES and this was my chance, knowing that i could easliy beat D Clone.

Im fed up with my **** luck and B Net always seeming to mess things up for me :(

by the way i know i didnt time out because id only been away for a maximum of 5 minutes and ive left a char in a game for about 40 minutes before without timing out. I just wish B Net would get their act sorted.

My Rant is over, thank you for your time..

2. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

R L M A O - sad bnet even allows this scam to happen .. Just play the D A M N game the way its meant to be played !!

3. warlock_666

no one mentioned anything to do with a scam. Its called co-ordinateing and sharing knowledge. Keep quiet if u dont know what ur on about and do us all a favor.

thanks

4. conan

conan IncGamers Member

all i can say is WAAAAA!

I have killed DC maybe 75 times and collected 24 annihilus charms (well actually a lot more but I rotate them and give away the lowest ones) and I have never IP hunted or sold a Soj or even know of anyone who sold a soj, I just MF a lot and when i see the soj counter running I stay in the game, if its an 8 person game I make sure all the Superuniques are dead except for the one I want DC to spawn as, then i get my zealot and kill monsters till DC walks. Then everyone is looking for DC but 99% of the time he has spawned as the superunique I left alive (hard to find) I solo kill DC and check out the Annihilus, if its good I get a mule or character and swap it, if its not I tell the other 7 ppl I left the annihilus for them to find with a hint or 2. Its all luck and I suppose I have had a lot of luck but I just dont see the attraction or the cost (tons of SOJs) in hunting DC. I just play the game or MF or Rush nice ppl and DC is part of the game. For me he is easy to kill and so far easy to find

5. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

Your whole process (IMO) doesn't sound like a scam as Darkside had mentioned. However ... doesn't sound like much fun either?

When I have time ... I play ... when I get lucky and am at the right place/right time ... great.

I have never beat dClone ... never got an annilus ... never even SEEN dClone or an annilus charm.

And I couldn't be happier. When the time is right, I will see him ... beat him ... and get my charm. Until then, I am playing DiabloII and having fun.

The story almost reminds me of the guy who is all ticked-off because he spent an hour being rushed through normal only to get disconnected 2 seconds before Baal dies so he doesn't get the quest. :sleep:

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you:

1. Write down the game name you're in, so you can jump back in the event of a crash.

2. Idle in the game long enough for it to persist if you crash, even if it means waiting 5 minutes to kill a spawned clone.

3. Have friends around who you can TRUST to come in, help, and not steal your charm.

7. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

I almost feel bad for people like that..

8. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I can understand your frustration, its alot of work down the drain because of the ever unstable battlenet.

As for the "I have killed 70+ DCs"...either you're the most lucky man ever, the US servers are alot more run AND you're lucky, you have machines running 24/7 or you're lying.

9. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I really didn't get the impression that the original poster was trying to force his views about the anihilus charm on anybody. It's a perfectly reasonable and legitimate endeavor to collaborate to spawn Diablo on a specific server, though that was not Blizzard's intent. On the flip side, it also was not Blizzard's intent for people to kill Mephisto over and over again with massive MF to get items.

I think instead of trying to force him to play how we like to play, we should feel sympathetic because he obviously was distressed over the issue. As long as someone plays within the rules, I don't care how different they play from myself.

Play to have fun, within the rules. Better luck next time, warlock.

10. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

Well that's a setback, but you have to press on if you want that annihilus. It took me awhile to get my one and only annihilus. After getting it, I've slowed down my playtime like I'm pretty much done with the game. I haven't even ID the darn thing either.

I don't understand why Dark Side thinks it's a scam. Yeah hunting for D clone isn't fun, then you can argue MFing 24/7 isn't exactly fun either. MFing might be an accepted part of the game, but since D clone is a new aspect, why can't hunting for D clone be another part of the game? It seems just like cowing to me.

11. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Didn't we just argue about this a week ago? I thought your stand on this whole thing was that sojs have nothing to do with it -- or are you just musing? I have a very special treat coming up -- just for you -- in a few weeks or so, nevertheless. Don't worry, you'll love it.

So DC has been giving you the cold shoulder thus far, hmmm? Perhaps it's time for some more ... testing. :evil: I still have a few more guide-related mysteries to solve anyway.

Stay tuned.

12. Insight

Insight IncGamers Member

Dclone hunting thru IRC is at least as legit as anything else to do with a world event that is based on getting rid of tens of thousands of 'duped' items. And it is damn boring, but battling the clone is worth it.
    How many Sojs are out there still?

13. Lord Chaos

*gets the feeling Dredd is up to something* :clap: :clap: :clap:

14. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

sux man
    whats funny is i had a dream exactly like this last night
    sad i know, dreaming about diablo...

15. warlock_666

yea i know i was annoyed lol. Thanks for sticking up for me Usufruct! Dredd that was only my 2nd day of trying to track him so im sure i will get another chance but another test sounds delicious all the same!!

to all the people saying i should just play the game and have fun, i have been playing for over 2 years now and have got slightly bored with playing through the game so i decided i wanted to perfect my IK barb and nab him an anihilus, sorry if this offends you in any way...

16. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Fighting DC is probably the only challenge for some of the godly chars out there too. I wouldn't personally know yet, but its something to work towards ;)

17. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I have killed probably 100 dc's, collected maybe 20-30 charms, the rest were kills of someone else's clone. The rule I play by is simple: your game, your charm.

I am at the point where I cannot hold any more charms because every single one of my characters - including the worthless, pathetic joke builds - are carrying an annihilus. I've had to make level 1's just to pick the stupid thing up.

I regularly kill the clone for whoever has the pluck to come ask me. So if you get another game, and he spawns, give me a shout at *frenziedbovine. If we're on, my wife and I will come and wipe the floor with him for you.

It's really not such a big deal. And in case you were wondering, I don't run an ip finder bot, I do it by hand. In fact, I haven't cloned very much since that first crazy weekend of soj selling. Fortunately I have two computers so I tend to get pairs of annihilus.

Believe me when I say fighting DC is no challenge at all with the right character. Now.. fighting DC in the Icy Cellar surrounded by PI Frenzytaurs just because he spawned in a pubby Baal game.. THAT is a challenge.

18. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

the thing is, with a decently built and equiped paladin he's really easy. my pali killed him using nords tenderizer the first time. dont think you have to be godly to beat him. you just have to be prepared. Its all about massive leech and lifetap. I dont have much experience fighting DC with other classes. owned my sorc when he appeared in a random game I was in.

19. Lord Chaos

I thought Life steal didn't work on Diablo.

Being immune to Lightning and fire damage helps alot I could imagine.

20. warlock_666

thaks frenzied i might just do that - on the other hand i would like to test out my IK barb see if he can do it himself. If he cant ill give u a shout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.