Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Huge Diablo 3 PTR Community Buff: Season Two Starts Tonight!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Huge Diablo 3 PTR Community Buff: Season Two Starts Tonight!

[caption id="attachment_381757" align="alignright" width="236"][​IMG] Typical Guardian drop?[/caption]Blizzard has announced a huge community buff to help players vault into the new gear and new testing on the PTR, as Season Two testing gets underway. Huge Diablo 3 PTR Community Buff:

PTR Season 2: Community Buffs Active

As Season 2 begins on PTR, we realize it may be challenging to level up and gear effectively with a short testing window. In order to facilitate Seasonal testing, particularly for our new Conquests and Seasonal Legendaries, we're activating several Community buffs to help you along the way.

The following buffs will be active on the PTR for all characters (both Seasonal and Non-Seasonal) once Season 2 begins:

• 300% Bonus Experience Earned
    • 2000% Bonus Chance to Find Legendaries
    • Double Goblins
    • Double Blood Shards

These buffs will be available for a limited time and will not last the full duration of the PTR, so if you plan on testing Season 2 Conquests, now's the best time to jump in and take advantage of them!

As always, your feedback is appreciated and we thank you for participating in our latest testing phase.[source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/15353845269[/source]

I glanced at this post and was like, "oh, double legs. Nice." And then I looked more closely and counted the zeroes... TWO THOUSAND PERCENT??!? I played a couple of hours last night and found maybe 30 legs doing T6 rifts and some GRifts, of which 7 or 8 were Ancient. Repeating that with 2000% is going to be insane.

Remember last week when we were discussing the potential of an Item Vendor on the PTR to let players gear up in legendaries more quickly for testing. And the Blue CM was doing his job and defending the current policy and saying, "No no, testing drop rates is part of the PTR and we can't just spit out items from a leaf blower."

Try that again today. "Welcome to *CLANG* the *CLANG* Diablo 3 *CLANG* PTR. Please *CLANG* *CLANG* test *CLANG* the *CLANG* *CLANG* new *CLANG* *CLANG* *CLANG* changes *CLANG* *CLANG* to *CLANG* *CLANG* stuff!"*CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG*

Update: Season Two is set to start later this evening, and this community buff will go live with it, but you'll have to make a new Seasonal character to enjoy the buff. That means level 1, no paragon points, no gear, no artisans, etc. I'm going to do it; just for the experience of leveling up a new char with 2000% legendary drop rates.
    Continue reading the Original Story

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Well, you have to find the stuff at the ptr :p

3. Benjehova

Benjehova IncGamers Member

OMG OMG OMG!

4. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

Quit spreading false information, it specifically says it works with season and not season and my 30-40 legs PER RUN does not lie. Literally EVERY ITEM that drops is gold or green. ALL OF THEM.

This would be insane for anything other than testing purposes but it did make all 6 of the items dropped by the GR 36 guardian I was doing at the time be gold. And that should happen anyways because it takes twice as long as a routine rofflestomp farm and is considerably more dangerous.

5. monitorman

monitorman IncGamers Site Pal

Holy Hell, this is insane! :)

6. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

is this only for season, regular characters that i copy in from main game wont work the buff ?

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

it's only for season 2. and you need to create a new char for seasons. the buff is to make leveling and gearing that new char very quick/easy.

8. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

The following buffs will be active on the PTR for all characters (both Seasonal and Non-Seasonal) once Season 2 begins

9. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Member

"the buff is to make leveling and gearing that new char very quick/easy."
    Yes that is why the buff is there, but it is also active for non-seasonal characters, as have been pointed out several times

10. Blanchard

Blanchard IncGamers Member

I've found literally thousands of legendaries on the PTR thus far from playing since the patch went live (virtually every drop is orange or green). Still no Kridershot, Natalya's Ring or Frostburn. Nice to know if I ever /do/ find a Kridershot that it will be immediately outclassed by any garbage Ancient weapon I happened to find along the way, leaving its usefulness questionable despite being the more fun alternative.

I find the ancient items enjoyable for the most part, save for the singular fact that being Ancient means that a weapon's base damage is increased by an absurd amount, making it mandatory and the new baseline. If only that weren't the case, my ultrarares would still feel worth hunting for...

11. trocadero

trocadero IncGamers Member

You mean that in order to test gear and their balance, you actually have to have the gear in the first place? Who knew?

12. mortuus

whats with the insane wait times to get in game? tryied lastnight and it was impossible 58min wait.. whats the point having a test if u cant even play the damn thign ??? and blizzard are all quiet about this which is strange.

13. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

"whats the point having a test if u cant even play the damn thign ???"

I don't know about you, but to me a long wait time says that quite a lot of people are in fact testing the game. Obviously the test servers capacity won't be as high as the live servers. Last time I got in it was pretty laggy as it is, although playing Europe that's not a surprise (the PTR server is in 'Murica).

14. mortuus

yes ofc there will always be people that somehow manage to get in and stay there forever and keep their game active and dont close it, this just makes those that really wanna try their char impossible like me, i dont care others i wanna try myself i dont see the point making a news about the ptr like everyone are invited to try and then it turns out only a fraction of players can get in its just a waste of most peoples time to download the game again and then get a 2 hour wait line... they have enough money from wow to have more servers then this...