Hrus' footsteps?

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus' footsteps?

Yeah so I started a few days ago with running Pindle to see his drop patern (since I normally run baal) and decided to get a nice number off in a couple of days. I ended up doing 500. Yeah like hrus.. :p

I checked for set and unique items, but also picked up the charms, jewels, a couple of rare's and the few runes that fell (a Hel and an El orso).
Informative part:
All runs were done on /p8 by my level 96 Meteorb allthough fireball was more often used as normally.
With the switch kill I had 515% MF, my merc has no MF.

Some remarkable things:
-I gambled a dwarfstar ...
-I found a MA skiller with 38 life
-I found some rare gloves with 2 bow / 20 ias / 5% AR
-All rare weapons that I picked up were crap
-While selling things I encountered TWO 3 socket armors with life
-I also saw a katar of some kind with 3 sockets, but it didn't have 40 ias.. so no weresin yet.

On to the findings: I must say I was very lucky these runs... you'll see.
1. Angelic Mantle
2. Sureshrill Frost
3. Kinemil's Awl
7. Sigon's Sabot
37. Trang-Oul's Claws
41. Ormus' Robes (+3 Charged Bolt)
54. Rite of Passage
71. Duskdeep
82. Sigon's Visor
94. Berserker's Headgear
101. Brainhew
120. Magnus Skin
130. Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth
134. Venom Ward
138. Earthshaker
141. Sanders Superstition
144. Arcanna's Deathwand
155. Andariel's Visage
162. Isenharts Lightbrand
163. Guillome's Face
166. Frostburn
169. Skin of the Flayed One
171. Chance Guards
179. Sigon's Shelter
182. The Battlebranch
183. Steel Pillar
184. The Gavel of Pain
187. Laying of Hands
198. Hone Sudan
202. Dracul's Grasp
222. Tancred's Crowbill
227. Darkglow
239. Sigon's Gage
247. Civerb's Cudgel
261. Brainhew
264. Treads of Cthon
273. Kinemil's Awl
287. Gleamscythe / Skewer of Krintiz
290. Iratha's Cuff
317. Taebaek's Glory
319. Isenharts Case
322. Twitchthroe
330. Angelic Sickle
334. The Tannr Gorerod
346. Lycander's Flank
361. The Iron Jang Bong
363. Fleshrender
379. M'avina's Icy Clutch
380. Bloodthief / Civerb's Ward
384. Laying of Hands
391. Hexfire / Skystrike
413. Dangoons Teaching
415. Isenharts Case
426. Viperfork
431. Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye
440. Razorswitch
441. Soulflay
452. Swordsback Hold
458. Gerke's Sanctuary
470. Kinemil's Awl
497. Venomward

That's it. Quite a long list, but also alot of useless stuff. So, the best things put aside:
41. Ormus' Robes
183. Steel Pillar
202. Dracul's Grasp
317. Taebaek's Glory
346. Lycander's Flank
426. Viperfork
458. Gerke's Sanctuary

As you can see they were dropping in pairs, the pillar and drac's, tae's and lyc's and viper and gerke's. IMO 7 decent/good finds in 500 runs is alot. However, if you count the charms and rare's it comes down to about 1 noticable find per 50 runs. So with muling etc. that comes down to 1 per 45 minutes.

I never noticed how much crap he actually dropped. It was straight from the start and I actually thought numerous times I just stopped writing all the bogus drops down and only the noticable stuff... but no.

Next up will be 500 baal runs to compare with these. Seems so far I'm luckier then Hrus :D

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I think I get one EU in a little under 100 (Pindle) runs. Stingy bastige.

MFMOFO

Banned
I never liked pindle. He doens't like me :(
My favorite run is baal... I'm really luck there. Soon i'll be doing 500 runs too(but it will take more time - i play hardcore) and we can compare our findings :thumbsup:

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, you did get a unique TC87. Otherwise your drops are as bad as mine :).
What surprised me is that you did get more S/U (61) than me despite I have slightly more MF on my main weapon slot.

And don't forget that you can kill pindle in 30 secs, while Baal will go down in 5 minutes or so.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
And don't forget that you can kill pindle in 30 secs, while Baal will go down in 5 minutes or so.
That may be the only reason to run Pindle. Well, that and you can run him drunk with one eye closed.

-GG

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Pretty nice drops there Sint. I don't think it's fair, however, to compare 500 pindle runs to 500 baal runs since each pindle takes < 30 seconds and baal takes ~5 minutes.

Edit: Looks like Hrus just said the exact same thing earlier...I really need to read the whole thread before hitting reply. :uhhuh:

Derrick1001

Diabloii.Net Member
I just leveled my sorc from lvl 85 to lvl 86 running only Eldritch and Pindle at players 4.

I got 2 uniques. Bloodletter and something else that was useless.

I hate you. :lol:

edit- over 500 mf also

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
kabal said:
Pretty nice drops there Sint. I don't think it's fair, however, to compare 500 pindle runs to 500 baal runs since each pindle takes < 30 seconds and baal takes ~5 minutes.
Yeah I was thinking of that too, so I'm timing my baalrun now (averaging 10 runs orso) and then run the times I used on pindle too. That way I have the same MF minutes for both... should be better.

@ QD below: yeah.. but not uncommon, 290-317 is 27 and 470-497 too.. and a couple of 20ish too.

2nd edit: If I did my calculations right I can do about 50 Baal runs .. which means baal is about 10x slower then pindle. Pretty interesting to see what he'll net me :)

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
You missed the Andy's Visage. That's a super nice helm ... and I think people downgrade it because of two things:

- the high level requirement
- the -30% fire res.

But look at the stats ...

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Ladder Only
101-154 Defense
204-387.5
20 Durability
102 Str Required
Item Level: 85
Clvl req: 83

+(100-150)% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +70%
+2 to All Skills
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+(25-30) to Strength
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (20 Charges)
(8-10)% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist -30%

I mean, look at them. Especially for an end-game act2 merc.

+2 skills, 20% IAS! which allows you to free up options for your merc which is potentially a big deal since you only have 3 areas (helm, armor, weapon and their socketing), huge str for extra damage and also helps equip some heavier armors, life leech!.

The only problem is the negative fire resist but you just have to slap in a ral rune or better yet a rare jewel. A great melee hat.

Anyways, consider me a defender of the Andy's Visage :lol: .

cryist

Diabloii.Net Member
Sint Nikolaas said:
doing 500. Yeah like hrus.. :p

Informative part:
All runs were done on /p8 by my level 96 Meteorb allthough fireball was more often used as normally.
With the switch kill I had 515% MF, my merc has no MF.

:D
Now do 500 more runs, but this time on p1 and compare the two and tell which player setting is better to run on..

Slothman

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive been running pindle on players 1 with 500 odd magic find and am up to about run 1200 now.. I will post the results when i get tired of it yet after finding a windforce and the bul-kathos sword i was missing it may be some time before i give up running him..

I will mention though that i think i had a streak of about 60+ where no set or unique of any kind dropped and also a good few hundred runs without a super unique dropping :(
focussing on just the just TC87's then there was nearly 8-900 runs in between the ones i found i think (Have to go to uni to use internet so I dont have my list handy)

I just think its in luck's hands.. you might run pindle 20 times and find an item that according to the atma drop calc has a 1:many-a-thousand chance of dropping..