Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HRs and HF rushes

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Aerwynd, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

HF Rush :grin: Cube up from there... 7 chars only takes 6-8 hrs...

1 HR per hr, that's not bad... You figure, if you get EXTREMELY lucky, you can get 7 Guls in 7 hrs... That's what, an Ohm plus Vex?

2. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

6-8hrs?? But leveling them to 25 takes so long :undecided:
    haha and chances are, all 7 will be Lem! Do you think HF or LK is better?

3. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

HF, by far... Of course the highest Rune I've gotten from LK is Thul IIRC...

4. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

High Runes start at Mal...

Look at it in terms of Norm/Excep/Elite...

Normal (Common) Runes are El-Amn
    Excep (Rare) Runes are Sol-Um
    Elite (High) Runes are Mal-Zod

5. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

If you divide them in three equal parts, then of course you're right (and I know that blizzard endorses the above mentioned categorizing). I do however do this based on rarity, and there is a sharp distinction between io and lower on one hand and lum and higher on the other. I consider lum and higher to be high runes, thul-io rare, and ort and lower common. On the other hand, mal is indeed the lowest one I have not found yet, but then again, gul is not much rarer than pul and um, since I've found three of each (granted the guls were all from the hell hellforge). The same goes for ist, which would be in the relatively common category (consisting of all those that the countess can relatively easily drop), whereas only everything higher would be high. Alternatively one could instead take the hell hellforge as deciding factor, and thus move the border one rune higher.

Edit: might be unclear: the sharp distinction between io and lum is based solely on how many I've found.

6. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Nono, your right- and I wouldnt be surprised if it was 7x Hel that dropped haha.
    I just finished my first set of HF rushes this afternoon (and almost finished my second set now). My drops were...

NM: Pul, Pul, Hel, Lem, Hel, Ko, Lum
    Hell: Um, Lem, Um, Io, Lem, Ist, Gul

I was happy with the drops overall. 2/7 HR is great for 5/6hrs. The Um's, Pul's & Lem's come in handy too.

Rushes will get faster with practice---

--------------

Also Jaedhann, Hamburger & Frozen Orb's items have been recieved!
    Thanks guys- much appreciated.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Moved from Pindlethon 3 thread, where it got really off-topic.

8. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

2 or 3 HF rushes will get you a vex, unless you get really unlucky. Ive done that (got my HoTO) so now im onto getting my first Ohm (for CtA, next one will be for Exile) done 2 rushes for that, have 2 guls out of 4 (1 gul, and ists for the cubing the 2nd)

although i must admit, it really cheapens rune finds.. unless i found a vex or higher, i dont think id get nearly as excited as i used to (i was gob smacked with pindle dropped me a Lem once, now im like meh)

9. aitrus

aitrus IncGamers Member

Is it just me but I really don't feel that way... I've heard (read) many people say this, however, I still enjoy finding runes (shael+) anywhere except HF. It's only that I say "meh" when I get yet another Hel/Io etc. from HF...
    (I did a fair number of rushes so the n00b thing is out of the way :badteeth:)

Also tried to find my post (and failed to do so) where I explained my HFR technique in details and times... It seems a bit too much that you guys do those in 7-8hrs... I have a fairly standard procedure here and need ~4(.5) hrs total (from start to collecting) :scratch:

Currenty stretching my patience while trying do go for a Lo this way... :rolleyes:

10. chrischar

chrischar IncGamers Member

From my experience from every average hf rush you can expect one Ist.

As aitrus said, 7 hours is too long, I do 3.5-4 hours.
    More skilled players may do even less than that.
    The only problem for me is that it is a boring process,it needs patience.
    You don't see the results immediately like with the countess or LK running.
    Try to find a strategy to limit your time,it will be much easier if you go at 4 hours.

11. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Yes, I'm rich, 100+ HRs and 1000+ Rare Runes :grin:

Personally, I've found at 20 - 30 runes in the Pul - Um range an only 2 Guls.

And thus the problem, not with you personally, but any distinction based on a user's experience will be, well, based on that user's experience.

Personally, I'm not too concerned with the distinction as long as the SPF doesn't move to a 1500 Hrs for a blue tiara state.

As for LK, on the average it is less efficient but but its that 1 in 10,000 runs when a Ber drops that gains a not of ground on HF'ing really quick.

12. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

That's 1.11 rushing right?

13. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

@Hrus: sorry Hrus.

Ahhh 3/4hrs Aitrus? Thats excellent- 1.09 Classic rushing then convert to 1.11b right?

Hmmm im sitting on about 5hrs atm- with some recent build suggestions, ill be able to hit 4hrs soon. I finished my 2nd HF rush about an hour ago; here is the total from today:

NM: Pul, Pul, Hel, Lem, Hel, Ko, Lum, Pul, Shael, Io, Lum, Pul, Sol, Um
    Hell: Um, Lem, Um, Io, Lem, Ist, Gul, Lem, Mal, Hel, Lem, Um, Io, Mal

I wasn't gonna do another rush today because it will take me til 4/5am, but my brother is gonna do it with me so that'll keep me sane haha (and speed it up)

HF is great...

14. aitrus

aitrus IncGamers Member

No, that's 1.11 LoD -- I'm too lazy to make a decent classic char :grin:

Nice collection for a day...

15. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

Yes... I know I'm slow... If I ever MP, people would know that... I can't leave a single Green or Gold on the ground, and if it's a rare [base item that I like], I have to pick it up as well... Then go ID it and most likely throw it on the ground or donate it to Charsi for a few gold... LoL...

*EDIT* Plus I have a nagging wife who likes to pester a lot so I have to stop to see what she wants. And there's the baby who needs changing every so often...

16. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Having a wife and three kids also, I'm making one of two assumptions:
    1. Your wife either doesn't get on the SPF and therefore will never read this post, she plays more than you do and therefore you don't care if she reads it.
    2. You'll be sleeping on the couch for the next few months which will give you that much more of an opportunity to play...hey, maybe thats not a bad idea. :grin:

17. Aerwynd

Aerwynd IncGamers Member

LMAO!!!

Well, let's see, my wife doesn't like hack n' slash games, which means she doesn't play D2, and so she will never read these forums...

I always let her go to sleep and stay up to play, it's the only time my wife isn't on the comp :thumbsup:

18. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Nice Aitrus... very nice. what is your general method of HF rush? What character do you select to lvl/general item setup etc.

@Aerwynd: Really? I generally don't pick up most green/gold; unless it's worth something or useful to me.
    @Scwormy: lol, i'm guessing your speaking from exp? Did it work to your favour-- a few extra hrs of D2 never goes astray.

19. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i did some HF runs in 1.11b. leveling is easy with a full fire sorc.
    at level 12 you get fireball. i first go to act 5 with all 7 chars, then i start leveling my sorc.
    1-12 twinking maul ( 6 sockets filled with -req jools) death gloves and belt rest is up to you
    13-24 6 sockets cristal sword filled with Tir r00ns and angelic set gives you mana and life sigon shield.
    at level 14 good mana CG are available

Snake's Grand Charm
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 14
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 19
    Fingerprint: 0xece12750
    +22 to Mana

at level 15 tarnhelm with tir and eye of eyelich ,rings two FCR with mana after each kill or mana
    level 18 4 sockets armor with p sapphires and more mana GC
    lvl 19 leaf RW

lvl 25 to spirit sword
    lvl 27 insight in a polearm or staff for you add skin of the vipermagi and a +2 to fire skill at 30 and you're set
    leveling 1-13 rakanishu runs
    13-20 act ii runs in the first area you'll get a boss pack near town. kill it and restart
    20-24 act iii kill everything
    24-27 act iv izzy runs
    27-30 eltrich runs and after with your insane mana make anya queat and start Pindle until lvl 39
    you'll get a level from ancients and voila

20. nex

nex IncGamers Member

1.09 LoD rushing FTW, 7 chars under 2 hours. And that means I'm slow, I have heard about people doing it in 1.5 hour or even less :cool: