Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hrm need help deciding on shield..

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Hrm need help deciding on shield..

For a level 32 or 35 cs zon. Her gear will be: +2 30 ias maiden java, +2/10 or 20 ias gloves, wwalks, pcrown, angelic ammy + ring and a soj i guess, bladebuckle. I'm stuck on deciding on the armor and shield. For shield it comes down to rhyme, whistans, splendor, or mosers (2x ias jewels to reach the 90 bp and use prubies in armor + helm). I really don't think i need CBF since not many people use cold dmg. And fer teh armors its either twitch, viper, or 3x pruby or ias jewel armor. Ty in advance for your opinions...if its not this its teh 29 mauler :D But i think i'll save that for next ladder because i probably wont find another +2 30 ias java.

2. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

personally id lean toward rhyme, whistans seems overkill with all ur +dex, itd only be for block speed, mosers with ias is interesting to get you more life, mayhaps you could use that and have rhyme in stash, but id tend to always want cbf.

cheers
    -tai

3. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Check to see how many more + skills for the next bolt, if its one sigion would be a good choice.

4. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Ok, and lastly, which armor do you suggest using? I'm thinking about twitch but i'm not sure if i wanna go for the 90 bp or not.

5. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

well, 90 could be achieved a few ways that youve listed.

good point about checking the number of bolts dahkar, assumed hed looked it up and gotten to a new bolt total breakpoint, but i know him and the odds are he didnt *whistles innocently*

if you're set on doing 90 breakpoint, (you say youre not, but wont hurt much to toss a pair of ias only jewels in a 2 sock shield or something and try it out first) and you still don't see the need for cbf then i'd suggest the javs, 10 ias/2 skill gloves, twitch and dual ias mosers, with twitch and angelics you should still be fine on blocking with mosers, the block speed isnt too bad, and that frees up sockets in armor/helm for rubies. this leaves you with same amount of resist as rhyme would, 78 more life in exchange for cbf. not too bad for dueling chargers etc.

just have to make sure you had iased pcrown and twicth in stash so that you could toss on rhyme and still hit the bp.

cheers
    -tai