Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HoZ Drop Possible?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by azn_gamer2003, Feb 27, 2004.

1. azn_gamer2003

azn_gamer2003 IncGamers Member

HoZ Drop Possible?

Is it possible for NORMAL BAAL to drop a HoZ? His monster level is 60 (based on information from Darkness). A guilded shield is only treasure class armor 51. Meaning that all monsters with levels 51 and higher can drop it. Unique versions of the item boost the level requirement to drop. Not sure by how much, but I'm hoping that its not that much. If all this is correct, NORMAL BAAL could, hypothetically drop a HoZ. It will probably be easier to drop too, concidering that NIGHTMARE BAAL is much higher, with a higher range to drop items. Since NORMAL BAAL's level is lower, it would logically be able to have a higher chance to pick out armor class 51. I'm not sure if this is correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Azn_gamer2003

2. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

I don't believe he can drop Herald of Zakarum.

Perhaps it would be better to look at d2data.net and the Statistics forum, since they have better knowledge of TCs and drops than I could ever hope to have.

~Hearts~

3. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

According to d2data.net, the best places to see drops from the armour TC that contains HoZ are The Smith, Griswold and The Cow King in Hell.
    As HoZ is a class specific item, class specific items dropped 1/3rd of the time something else in the same TC drops.
    What is not shown by d2data.net are the adjusted drop chances within the TC for each item (unless Blizzard have now changed this so that all items have an equal chance to drop within a TC, which I doubt).
    The adjusted drop chance incorporates the class specific penalty.

There is no monster capable of dropping HoZ in Normal Mode, monsters after Act II (Act III onwards) have chances of dropping it, best monsters are those above.

4. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

got mine frm nm diablo with my mf sorc. almost perf too with 180 ed. passed to my fren who's playing the game often in exchange for a lousier HoZ and another item of my choice :)

5. azn_gamer2003

azn_gamer2003 IncGamers Member

Cool thx guys

6. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

One time I got a ALMOST perfect HOTO with 31 resist!!!

:lol: