Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hows this pala?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by McTCM, Mar 22, 2005.

1. McTCM

McTCM Diabloii.Net Member

Hows this pala?

equipment:
    Helm: Dream
    weapon: don't know maybe Death(rune word) in a Twin axe
    Armor: THe best one I found and If I can an enigma(I'm not a rich fella)
    Shield: Dream
    belt: Arachnid
    Boots: Something that gives good res./attr/skills
    gloves: same as boots
    ring: Soj(if I can)
    ring: Ravenfrost
    amu: maria's

Stats
    strenght: around 100
    Dex: 200(need for max block)
    vit: rest
    energy: none

Build
    1 Smite
    1 Holy Bolt
    1 Blessed hammer
    1 Charge
    20 Holy Shield
    1 Sacrafice
    5 Zeal
    1 Might
    1 Thorns
    1 Holy Fire
    1 Holy Freeze
    1 sancuary
    20 convition
    Resist lighting 20
    Resist Fire rest

I'm not using Salvation because Conviction will always be on even if there arn't any Lighting immunes that's why I use Resist fire

is this pala any good (build wise still need to find all the items to build him)

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to build here...It seems like you're going for an avenger with conviction, but instead of Zeal you should probably get Vengeance which will do insane elemental damage, especially if you are going to max its synergies.. A SOJ and Arachnids Mesh are probably not ideal for a melee character...maybe try Verdungos/Thundergods instead and a resist/leech rare ring...Please don't make Death in a twin axe that would be a complete waste of runes and potential...I can see you're only going for 100 str but a berserker axe only requires 138 str which you can easily get (T-Gods gives 20str....), and will give a lot more damage than a twin axe..Death is a very sweet weapon althoug probably a bit slow if you're going with Vengeance...Maybe check out Famine, as it will boost your elemental damage even further.

3. McTCM

I maxed conviction so Dual Dream's potential is very good

with conviction on and a Dual Dream on you got more lighting dmg from a distance with dream

and more psychal dmg when I use zeal cause conviction also lowers defense+ again more lighting dmg from Dual dream

4. John_Connor

John_Connor Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, dual dream has great potential with conviction... but only put enough into conviction to get lvl 25 after +skills from items/charms... beyond level 25 it doesn't lower resistances any further.

I don't see why you would make a death runeword in a twin axe or double axe or whatever... death's great %ed and deadly strike would be wasted in that weapon. If you can afford two dreams and a death, it shouldn't be that much more of a stretch to scrounge up enough for a cheap enigma. This would do a great deal towards helping you get the 133 or 138 strength required for a death war spike or zerker. Personally I prefer the war spike, since it's generally much cheaper to buy, and it's faster.

In the short term, if you need a deadly strike/crushing blow weapon, try settling for a fleshripper or upgraded fleshrender for a bit. If you're willing to do without either DS or CB, there are many cheaper options (heaven's light is a reasonable example) that can tide you over 'til you have a good base elite weapon in which to make death.

5. McTCM

I probebly won't find 50% of all the items I need and I always look for more resistance then more skills with this pala