Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how's this for a sweet pvp mauler?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by coldarmy13, Feb 16, 2004.

1. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

how's this for a sweet pvp mauler?

3x shael, 3x ed/ias sup gt
    ed/ias jalal's OR cerebus
    highlord's
    2x perf rfrost
    steelrends
    perf verdungo
    ber'd levi or shaft
    gores

4 fpa man that dmg will rock the house. just a thought, because i am getting bored of my pvp fury ww. btw, his gear is up for sale if anyone is interested...pretty uber stuff.

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I will give you chippad. :teeth:
    Levi > shaft.

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Personally, I wouldn't want to invest that much into Str. Even though you get more, you have to put it up higher, so it's not really so much like a life substitute. High Life is critical now. Also you'd do better socketing the Helm with something else. You don't need the extra IAS, the Highlord's would be fine. Also you look like you will have sort of a Resist problem, which isn't a good thing nowadays, which you should know.

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think he only duels melee with these.

5. VictusMetuo

FC/Rabies etc = Melee, that's my point I'm making.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ah yea.
    Well there's always the option of switching out hotspur/venom ward/death gloves and the like.

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

If i were you and going 2 handed i would consider this set up over yours
    CoA ber'ed w/ ed/max in second socket + 23 dr
    enigma / or CoH + 8 dr
    p verdugos + 15 dr
    23+8+15 = 46 dr ... this should be enough dr .... if your really anal and have
    to have the 50 dr you can double ber the CoA.

Also I think doing this you will get better mods than you would by using shaft + jalals, while only losing +1 to shapeshifting skill but gaining +1 to all skills.
    I'm currently planning a 2 hander on ladder and this is his basic set up .. prob. gonna go enigma though b/c i mainly duel in nm and i like the +str bonus.

8. coldarmy13

o ya sorry i'm on crack lol. it was kinda late and i forgot hl had ias. so i guess u can ditch that. i guess if i'll be dueling pubby[which i will] i will probably be doing it in hell. the only thing is, since i'll be maxing out wb, my def will be higher, so i want things to boost my def. idunno a reasonable def rating for bear, since i never maxed it out. what's a normal def for a mauler? just curious. and i guess i'll need coh if i'm in hell so maybe coa + coh is the best bet. i was just thinking about this idea last night, so...lol.

and btw i have a friend who copied my bear exactly right down to the details, jewels, stats, skills, charms. his fc bear still can't beat my fury ww. how's that for melee? i don't stack res or absorb. in fact i still only have 69 fire res in hell mode.

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

yea a good fury ww will take a fc bear all they have to do is have 5-6k life and a 50+ resist and a dwarf star. This is why for melee right now on my fc bear im currently making a 20/20 100+ life (fire facet) armor to use. this will give my bear a total of 30/30 or 40/40 depending on gear... i think the minus resisit is the key.

But yea that is my experience w/ fc a good druid tht can get 5-6k life use dwarf and has some skill will beat a fc bear. Mine has only lost to 3 melee'ers and 2 were friend ww's that are good, and the other was a multi aura pally ... fc only needs dwarf + lots of life to be beaten by wolf.

10. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

So true, i have had the same experience a good rabies or rabies/fury wolf will always beat my fc bear.

Biggest problem with me is landing a hit on a good wolf, even with 18k ar, not sure what it is, might be because bear is level 79, wolves usually around 90. But still not that big a difference.

Its fustrating, but oh well can't win them all.

11. coldarmy13

but i don't use any absorb and my res is only 69. lol. remember that wolves have the best fhr in the game, so that may be the key...

12. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

fhr is important but so is your life ... if i know you from your builds you probably have 6k life easily ... how much life do you have vs. him. I always use 86 bp on fhr for wolves and bears so im always loaded in that category. I Just notice that any character w/ 1-2k life go down very very fast vs. fc weather absorb or not ... so i have a good feeling massive life = wolf winning. the way i see it if your using an eth Botd .. you can hit 8-9k damage w/ it. So if you got ds high ar and high life .... your looking at potentially 16k physical daamge if ds hits O_O, you just need the life to allow that to happen and BAM your in.

13. coldarmy13

i have 5.6k life atm, and my dmg is 2.3k with a gris caddy, because i opt for speed over dmg. i'm a speed demon any way u look at it. my ds is pretty high tho, 22k without HoW or angelic set. i can hit 32k with angelic gear. then again i'm only lvl 77, so my vita is a little low. give me 13 levels and my life should hit 6.5k easily. o btw he has about 6.3k life

14. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

so no more strength built mauler?!?! =(
    dmg seems incredibly low without the 300+ strength dont u think? (esp when using phase blde)

15. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

It's also the fact that bears block really really slow.

16. coldarmy13

hence 2 hands.

17. VictusMetuo

Eh if I can get a Hybrid to 2k damage without max armor and without all/most max/ar/life, as a Vita Build, I don't see the problem getting above 3k for a plain Mauler.

18. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

is this physical damage w/ a hybrid using 110ias pb?

19. VictusMetuo

Yes, ED/IAS Superior Phase.

20. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

are you str build??? cuz man i might need some help / resurrect my non-ladder mauler.